Jen Psaki is the worst press secretary in the last 20+ years

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Can you cite where in the 50+ instances where she has instituted her "I'll circle back" that she has actually circled back - and fully answered the question? I think she has done it once or twice publicly on a subsequent press briefing - but you (and multiple others) have insinuated that she has done so privately inbetween. Can you cite any reasonable number of answers based on the number of times that she has said she will "circle back" ?

"Circle back" doesn't necessarily mean she's going to bring up that answer at a press briefing. You know that, right? If she only waited until she was at a microphone to say more, she'd either have less time for new questions or spend hours at the podium. It's quite common for spokespeople to follow up through email or otherwise get in touch after briefings.

Honestly, it feels like you're scrounging for something, anything to cling to your original claim rather than accept that it doesn't hold up under scrutiny.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
"Circle back" doesn't necessarily mean she's going to bring up that answer at a press briefing. You know that, right? If she only waited until she was at a microphone to say more, she'd either have less time for new questions or spend hours at the podium. It's quite common for spokespeople to follow up through email or otherwise get in touch after briefings.

Honestly, it feels like you're scrounging for something, anything to cling to your original claim rather than accept that it doesn't hold up under scrutiny.

Really it sounds like he's never worked in a professional environment.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
I've told VP's I'll get back to them before, they don't like it if you tell them you don't know something and don't say anything about following up on it in my experience. Not sure where OP works but just saying I don't know would not be acceptable at my job.

Reactions: Meghan54 and dank69

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

It's perfectly obvious that the WH press corps would call her on it if she didn't get back to them after saying she would. You know, like at the very next briefing. It doesn't really matter how she puts it, either, just so long as it happens, one way or another. When she didn't answer a question about the Mexico City abortion policy, for example, Biden answered it himself with an EO the next week.

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
lol as someone that works in the big-boy world, thats precisely how it works. A fucking CEO/CFO/VP doesn't want to hear "I'll circle back". They want to hear "I don't know". They are 2 very distinct different things. One is assertive and accurate - the other is a bullshit answer.

You clearly work in the subordinate world young padawan ;)

Manager at Del Taco does not count

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
It's perfectly obvious that the WH press corps would call her on it if she didn't get back to them after saying she would. You know, like at the very next briefing. It doesn't really matter how she puts it, either, just so long as it happens, one way or another. When she didn't answer a question about the Mexico City abortion policy, for example, Biden answered it himself with an EO the next week.
Or even later that day from the press office. I don't know if this is still the case, but there used to be desks in/near the press office which select reporters would use to follow developing stories in the White House and file updates.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

But that never happens at all with conservative talking points! /S

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Let me be clear, the trump admin set the following precedents.

1) The PressSec does not have to answer questions from reporters
2) The PressSec does not have to provide a truthful answer
3) The PressSec does not have to hold press briefings.

So suck it baby, anything goes now.

Last edited:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Seeing some of her answers ever day when I see clips of the press conferences and she is really impressive. She is really good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Burpo

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
OP will continue to whine about being marginalized yet his claims rarely if ever hold up to cross examination.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I think that just made her my favorite press sec. Pretty clear she's far more competent than any from the previous admin.
This single post blows up the entire premise of this thread. Also exposes the right wing echo chamber. Trump releases a statement, people repeat it so a reporter can ask "some people are saying". This is how the premise the election was stolen from Trump got legs.

Mic drop by Jen. Brilliant jujitsu move.