Jen Psaki is the worst press secretary in the last 20+ years

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
This thread needs more Jen Psownage.

I would venture that 90% of us barely remember Psaki from her days in the Obama State Dept (that includes me) but you know who would remember? Russian stooges like the OP:

RT started running smears on her 6 years ago, but they never took with domestic FOX News addicts back then because they hadn’t gone full Trump yet and no one really cared about Jen Psaki.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
This thread needs more Jen Psownage.

I would venture that 90% of us barely remember Psaki from her days in the Obama State Dept (that includes me) but you know who would remember? Russian stooges like the OP:

RT started running smears on her 6 years ago, but they never took with domestic FOX News addicts back then because they hadn’t gone full Trump yet and no one really cared about Jen Psaki.
I think we should change the annual poll to Psownage of the year in honor of this thread.

And this is definitely a frontrunner. I remember calling a few right out of the gate in January but damn this one surpassed any of those by a mile

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Righties are getting desperate to get anything on Biden admin. They put together a montage of all the times JP said "circle back" or "I'll get back to you"

I counted 18. Based on 6 weeks in office 30 pressers that a little over 1/2 times per day. That's all they got?? Spicey's very first presser he told a whopper. Based on a daily average Trump admin was at 300 lies/misleading statements.

What's Biden's lie count? What's JP's lie count? I'm sure Fox News and the other right wing troll farms are keeping a running total to prove Biden is worse then Trump, amirite??

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Righties are getting desperate to get anything on Biden admin. They put together a montage of all the times JP said "circle back" or "I'll get back to you"

I counted 18. Based on 6 weeks in office 30 pressers that a little over 1/2 times per day. That's all they got?? Spicey's very first presser he told a whopper. Based on a daily average Trump admin was at 300 lies/misleading statements.

What's Biden's lie count? What's JP's lie count? I'm sure Fox News and the other right wing troll farms are keeping a running total to prove Biden is worse then Trump, amirite??

Not surprising based on their preference for president in the last election. It is clear they prefer someone who pretends to have all the answers and who lies all the time.

Reactions: Pohemi

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Not surprising based on their preference for president in the last election. It is clear they prefer someone who pretends to have all the answers and who lies all the time.

I dunno about you, but I find the snake oil heals all my feels. Apply directly to the skin before dumping it directly into your skull

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
I dunno about you, but I find the snake oil heals all my feels. Apply directly to the skin before dumping it directly into your skull
It does . The only thing it can't stave off are the end times, which I hear are soon.

• Haha

arguer

Mar 29, 2021
First of all, Jen knows all her questions in advance, as has been stated. With that said, here are reason she'd need to circle back.

1) Lazy - Didn't go ask people after getting the questions and before the press conference.
2) So as to not show on the news the answer that might infuriate people. She'll do it privately.
3) Also, she should pretty much know the answers of things she wasn't prepared for if she did her research ahead of time, like McEneny always did.

I would bet it's usually #2, with some of #1 mixed in. #3 would take care of the lameness if addressed.

Hot? She's fairly average looking. She's def not as hot as McEneny. Or anywhere near as intelligent or prepared as McEneny always was.

Not sure I caught any "lies" from McEneny. But I only watched the news starting last election (November). You guys might believe the insanely "spun" MSM, I'm thinking. Did you read Time Magazine's stealing the election issue?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
First of all, Jen knows all her questions in advance, as has been stated. With that said, here are reason she'd need to circle back.

1) Lazy - Didn't go ask people after getting the questions and before the press conference.
2) So as to not show on the news the answer that might infuriate people. She'll do it privately.
3) Also, she should pretty much know the answers of things she wasn't prepared for if she did her research ahead of time, like McEneny always did.

I would bet it's usually #2, with some of #1 mixed in. #3 would take care of the lameness if addressed.

Hot? She's fairly average looking. She's def not as hot as McEneny. Or anywhere near as intelligent or prepared as McEneny always was.

Not sure I caught any "lies" from McEneny. But I only watched the news starting last election (November). You guys might believe the insanely "spun" MSM, I'm thinking. Did you read Time Magazine's stealing the election issue?
Your political opinion is worthless, but thanks for stopping by.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

She does?

Like every press secretary, she'd love to have all the questions in advance, but the above article says that the reporters have refused to do so.

The rest of your post relies on the validity of your first assertion, so there's no point in replying unless or until you provide proof of that assertion.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
First of all, Jen knows all her questions in advance
wha?

white house reporters have to submit their questions in advance of the daily press briefings?!
Maybe during wanna-be Dicktator Trump's time...

What are you smoking?
Qanon, is that you?

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

This is false. Where did you hear this nonsense? She has asked for the questions in advance because that way she can answer them more effectively but that often doesn't happen and journalists are under no obligation to do so.

If McEneny did her research ahead of time that means the endless false statements she made were purposeful. Do you have another explanation?

If you didn't catch any lies from her then you essentially never watched her press conferences or you consume right wing media, which is also constantly lying to you.

Here's an example of a lie so egregious it's almost comical.

She also claimed the Mueller report exonerated Trump, which is an outrageous falsehood, directly refuted by Mueller himself.

Does that change your opinion of her? Do you agree now that she's a liar?

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

This is cute, a die-hard Trumpist wanders in, parrots a bunch of false and unverifiable claims, and expects us to change our minds. How quaint, it's like it's 2017 all over again.

She was as prepared as she could be. Also, here's a tip: intelligent, competent administrations admit that they don't have all the answers rather than pretending they do. And they strive to help reporters get answers... that's actually a very common thing in PR, which you'd know if you paid attention.

Also, what is it with many modern American conservatives judging the merits of a woman political figure based on looks? How about skills? And sorry, but McEnany was chosen for her looks and regularly pushed known false claims. Before it was expedient for her career to support Trump, McEnany called Trump a "racist" and a "showman."

Reactions: Pohemi and Meghan54

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017

Oh look a new trolling account. I always wonder where people who use the MSM term get their news from. Is fringe partisan news the preference or just Facebook and a dude on YouTube? Iamaconspiracynut.com?

There are plenty of highly credible and accurate MSM sources. Outside of MSM... no so much.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
She does?

Like every press secretary, she'd love to have all the questions in advance, but the above article says that the reporters have refused to do so.

The rest of your post relies on the validity of your first assertion, so there's no point in replying unless or until you provide proof of that assertion.
You mean @arguer lied? How Trump-like of him

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Hello fellow traveler from a parallel dimension. A little heads up, things here is a little different from what you are used to.
But hey, give it a second, and you'll settle in just fine, good news is you missed the fascist version of the US and subsequent world war. This is the good timeline. (dont mess it up).

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
She's pretty good, gotta hand it to her. Not being a total bitch goes far, ha. She didn't stand out much to me in the Obama days, but comparing her to the trio of lying wenches that preceded her def makes her look like an intellectual rock star - one with integrity and morals no less, someone who understands what facts and the truth are.

Had to check that shit at the door if you wanted to work for the Russian asset, also a serial liar but one renowned for his distaste towards strong women.

I guess it figures Psaki would piss off those who feel the same way. Probably infuriating to see her remind the country how much her predecessors, and their illegitimate boss, sucked ass.

I haven't heard a single Russian talking point repeated by her. How refreshing.

Reactions: Pohemi and JEDI
Feb 16, 2005

Yea, you didn't 'catch' any lies from propaganda barbie 2.0 but you think she's hot AND intelligent AND prepared. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Bitch please.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

oh, look. it's a person.

Feb 4, 2009
Okay I’ll go there:

Previous press secretary who I forgot her name was like catalog model hot. Good looking Woman.
Jen is good looking normal girl hot but I am sure she is easily 100x more fun.
More fun = much more attractive.

Nothing is worse than a good looking woman who has all sorts of rules or keeps the lights out or acts crazy which many catalog model hot women are.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Okay I’ll go there:

Previous press secretary who I forgot her name was like catalog model hot. Good looking Woman.
Jen is good looking normal girl hot but I am sure she is easily 100x more fun.
More fun = much more attractive.

Nothing is worse than a good looking woman who has all sorts of rules or keeps the lights out or acts crazy which many catalog model hot women are.

I'd say we shouldn't be judging White House press secretaries (or most any employee, for that matter) based on how attractive they are.

That was one of the many problems of the Trump administration: it picked at least a few public-facing people (like McEnany and, arguably, Hope Hicks) based more on whether or not Trump liked ogling them than how well they could do the job. The Fox News approach to recruitment, you might say.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009
I'd say we shouldn't be judging White House press secretaries (or most any employee, for that matter) based on how attractive they are.

That was one of the many problems of the Trump administration: it picked at least a few public-facing people (McEnany and, arguably, Hope Hicks) based more on whether or not Trump liked ogling them than how well they could do the job. The Fox News approach to recruitment, you might say.

Well yeah....and this is the internet. No pointy elbows on Jen