Jeffrey Epstein's death was 'likely homicide, not suicide', says famed NYC pathologist

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
So what you're saying is, you'd want to check him out but there would be no reason to think he's suspect #1 in light of the other rich and powerful people with even closer connections? That's pretty similar to my feelings on the matter. Ichinisan was calling him out for being oblivious to the optics of calling him suspect number 1 in the same hypothetical situation while simultaneously ridiculing conspiracy theorists.
Closeness and connections are insignificant compared to opportunity is this situation. You are talking about a guy locked up in federal prison and I'm pretty sure no contact with general population inside. If someone was able to get access to him the chain of command would need to be investigated from top to bottom to determine where security broke down. Of all the people on the planet, Trump and Barr would have the highest probability of being able to orchestrate the hit and then cover up any evidence of it.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Closeness and connections are insignificant compared to opportunity is this situation. You are talking about a guy locked up in federal prison and I'm pretty sure no contact with general population inside. If someone was able to get access to him the chain of command would need to be investigated from top to bottom to determine where security broke down. Of all the people on the planet, Trump and Barr would have the highest probability of being able to orchestrate the hit and then cover up any evidence of it.

Gawd. The whole place was in lockdown for the night with multiple layers of human & electronic security. There's nothing going on, no coming & going, no nothing. That's the way it is pretty much every night. There's absolutely no evidence that routine was broken. No signs of a struggle, either. Just because it was Jeffrey fucking Epstein doesn't mean in wasn't just a fuckup by the guards on duty in his unit. You know those guys have been inspected, detected, polygraphed, interrogated & investigated until Hell won't have it, probably fired as well. The only other way it could be is some giant Deep State conspiracy, Man, & I'm not buying it. Not for a New York second.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Gawd. The whole place was in lockdown for the night with multiple layers of human & electronic security. There's nothing going on, no coming & going, no nothing. That's the way it is pretty much every night. There's absolutely no evidence that routine was broken. No signs of a struggle, either. Just because it was Jeffrey fucking Epstein doesn't mean in wasn't just a fuckup by the guards on duty in his unit. You know those guys have been inspected, detected, polygraphed, interrogated & investigated until Hell won't have it, probably fired as well. The only other way it could be is some giant Deep State conspiracy, Man, & I'm not buying it. Not for a New York second.
Believe what you want, you're entitled. As am I and everyone else.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Believe what you want, you're entitled. As am I and everyone else.

Yeh, never let those pesky facts get in the way of a nice juicy conspiracy theory. Don't let the rules of logic, like Occam's razor, get in the way, either.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Yeh, never let those pesky facts get in the way of a nice juicy conspiracy theory. Don't let the rules of logic, like Occam's razor, get in the way, either.
I have no conspiracy theory. I'm not even saying he was murdered. But you must admit it was very convenient for a lot of super rich super high profile super influential people with more pull than you have ever felt that this guy died that day. Just another day at the office, huh? :rolleyes:

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001

The FBI is investigating the possibility of 'criminal enterprise' in connection with Jeffrey Epstein's death as two correctional officers were charged with falsifying records to cover up their failure to check in on him the night he killed himself.

Not as big a bombshell as people might assume. They're just being investigated for slacking off and falsifying records to hide that. I mean, look at the way some are reporting it:
2fd836d482bfd33f694eb7c622bcdf6d.jpg

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

Not as big a bombshell as people might assume. They're just being investigated for slacking off and falsifying records to hide that. I mean, look at the way some are reporting it:
2fd836d482bfd33f694eb7c622bcdf6d.jpg
AFAIC DOJ needs to go right up the food chain here. Why were guards working 5 straight days of overtime? Even if that is standard procedure, why wasn't extra care taken with Epstein to hire more guards? Was it a scheduling problem? Was it a budget problem? Keep going up until you get to Barr. Why was Barr not able to make sure funds/personnel were available to make sure something like this didn't happen?

Reactions: Muse

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Those of you who admit that no amount of facts will change your mind need not read. Bold is mine.

"Prosecutors said security footage confirmed that no one entered the area where Epstein was housed on the night he died — evidence that might also dampen conspiracy theories by people who have questioned whether he really took his own life."

Reactions: CZroe

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Those of you who admit that no amount of facts will change your mind need not read. Bold is mine.

"Prosecutors said security footage confirmed that no one entered the area where Epstein was housed on the night he died — evidence that might also dampen conspiracy theories by people who have questioned whether he really took his own life."

They will still entertain the idea that he or others paid the guards to look the other way while Epstein offed himself... though that doesn't exactly jibe with the "Epstein didn't kill himself" meme.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

Well Barr obviously had someone fake the footage.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
AFAIC DOJ needs to go right up the food chain here. Why were guards working 5 straight days of overtime? Even if that is standard procedure, why wasn't extra care taken with Epstein to hire more guards? Was it a scheduling problem? Was it a budget problem? Keep going up until you get to Barr. Why was Barr not able to make sure funds/personnel were available to make sure something like this didn't happen?
My thinking too. Just too convenient for many powerful/rich people that he died, absolutely.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
If someone asked me : Do you think Barr could astral project into Epsteins body and make him kill himself?
Me : Eeeeeeeh, 50/50.

Reactions: Ichinisan