Its official! WAR is coming Sept. 18!

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Judgement

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: novasatori
Originally posted by: Judgement
Anyone else having trouble queuing for pvp scenarios post the first 10 levels? I can queue fine but it never actually pops up so I haven't gotten to do any of the other scenarios

I'm wondering if the server I am on lacks players compared to the others

odds are you are destruction

destruction queues can be up to 4hours during the day due to the severe population imbalances.

I'd play destruction myself, but now I'm leaning towards order, as I get pretty much instant PVP all day long.

Also there's been a lot of server crashing today from what I've seen. and they introduced a lot of bugs with the last 4.1.1 patch.

If they don't get it ironed out soon, I'm thinking I may wait a few months to purchase the game.

I am destruction and didn't like any of the order classes based on their descriptions so I hope I don't have to roll order... not to mention Destruction has won every single scenario I have joined...

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Anyone else having trouble queuing for pvp scenarios post the first 10 levels? I can queue fine but it never actually pops up so I haven't gotten to do any of the other scenarios

destruction queues can be up to 4hours during the day due to the severe population imbalances.

I'd play destruction myself, but now I'm leaning towards order, as I get pretty much instant PVP all day long.

Also there's been a lot of server crashing today from what I've seen. and they introduced a lot of bugs with the last 4.1.1 patch.

If they don't get it ironed out soon, I'm thinking I may wait a few months to purchase the game.

so wait, does this mean the whole thing about the Horde side having less population due to them being ugly/evil is null and void?

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
Originally posted by: pontifex

so wait, does this mean the whole thing about the Horde side having less population due to them being ugly/evil is null and void?

no, check pvp server pops in wow and you will see the same thing, pvpers want the evil races, thus horde is usually >1:1 ratio favor on WoW PvP servers, but on PvE its the opposite

Same I think for WAR, except its also the classes - destruction has some pretty solid classes (black orc, marauder, disciple of khaine, etc).

I've been far more impressed with the destruction classes than order, also the model/artwork for destro is better imo.

That said I'll still prolly play order, simply cause I'd rather play a char that isn't my favorite than be queued all day.

Judgement

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001

no, check pvp server pops in wow and you will see the same thing, pvpers want the evil races, thus horde is usually >1:1 ratio favor on WoW PvP servers, but on PvE its the opposite

Same I think for WAR, except its also the classes - destruction has some pretty solid classes (black orc, marauder, disciple of khaine, etc).

I've been far more impressed with the destruction classes than order, also the model/artwork for destro is better imo.

That said I'll still prolly play order, simply cause I'd rather play a char that isn't my favorite than be queued all day.

I want(ed) to play Witch Elf... not from actual in game experience but because it was the most appealing to me. I rolled a Witch elf in this open beta and had a blast and then once I reached level 12 there was absolutely ZERO pvp available. I don't know what I am doing yet as far as world pvp goes so maybe I could have participated in that.

I tried world PVP one night and it was basically a bunch of destruction players killing some NPCs and sitting around until we capture a location.

I rolled a Witch hunter (order class) earlier and am only level 5, but so far the skillset is identical to witch elf but the skills have different names.

The queue times are better than they were for destruction scenarios by a lot, but Order still loses every time.

At this point I enjoy the game as I love pvp more than pve, but my goal now will be to get into a PVP oriented order guild. Order doesn't have any less advantage than Destruction, they just are less experienced players. I agree with novasatori's post.

I want to play Destruction but if release is like beta I will be on Order and rolling with players who group queue and will have almost instant queue times while earning tons of points when they win. Right now Destruction queues make u wait along time, but they do always win..

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Interestingly enough, Order wins virtually all of the scenarios now on Pit of Zardock...at least in the Empire/Chaos scenario, anyway. For the first day or so, Destruction overpowered. Now, it's all Order. In the world PvP, though, it's much more evenly matched and more fun.

Don't expect release to be anything like beta as far as population balance goes. It's going to be very different, and the server populations will balance out over time.

Malladine

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
So the deal is this, i just want to clarify.

You take over zones by gaining influence points, once you capture the enemy zone in that tier you can enter a scenario to attack their fort, is that right?

Malladine

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Order doesn't have any less advantage than Destruction, they just are less experienced players. I agree with novasatori's post.

Don't generalize too much, i'm experienced in PvP and will be playing Order, just for a change tbh, after years of horde in WOW. Though, IMO Alliance are more Evil sometimes :)

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by: Malladine
So the deal is this, i just want to clarify.

You take over zones by gaining influence points, once you capture the enemy zone in that tier you can enter a scenario to attack their fort, is that right?

No...from my experience in the Tier 2 zones (Tier 1 doesn't have a fort), the keep/fortress is simply a world RvR objective that will trade hands as people take it. The more world RvR objectives your realm controlls, the closer you are to controlling the zone. Currently, controlling the zone only gives bonuses to RP gained and coin gained in RvR.

Influence from PQs has nothing to do with it. Zone control is determined by "Victory points" which you get by taking world RvR objectives. These are marked by shields in the world map.

World RvR is persistant, and has nothing to do with the scenarios.

Malladine

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Cool thanks for clearing that up

And I purchase abilities with Influence points right? or something?

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
No, the Influence points gained from completing PQs is used to obtain items from your Rally Master at the nearest base to the PQ. There are three tiers to each chapter, and at each tier, you get to pick a new item. The Rally Master's floating icon will turn blue if you can turn in for an item. Each tier of Influence gets a better item selection, and you can choose one item from each tier.

Each rank of Renown you get (Renown is gained from RvR fights, both world and scenario), you can visit a Renown Trainer to purchase special abilities.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
No. Each chapter has a rally master from whom you receive influence rewards (see: items) depending on how much influence you have in that chapter.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004

Actually, Originally alliance outnumber horde even on most PvP servers. The racial ability imbalances caused most people (tired of fighting against bs racials) who reroll to switch to horde though. It's gotten to the point where the only servers that are alliance heavy now are a few oldschool PvE servers. I've been playing WoW since open beta and at the start almost every server pvp or pve were alliance heavy.

jwcooper

Oct 25, 2005

I am destruction and didn't like any of the order classes based on their descriptions so I hope I don't have to roll order... not to mention Destruction has won every single scenario I have joined...

Interestingly enough, Order is starting to win a lot more of the battles than destruction now. I think it probably has to do with the fact that we don't have long queue times, and get a lot more practice, and time to learn the tricks to win.

I get in a scenario within 5-10 minutes of signing up, and just assumed it was the same for destruction until now.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Has everybody decided yet on what server they are going on?..Personally I'll be going on Eight Peaks when the game goes live.

Here's is the list of the European servers.

Below are the European English servers, organised by rule set.

Core
Axe Bite Pass
Karag Dron
Karag Orrud
Karak Eight Peaks
Karak Ungor
Karak-Azgal
Karak-Hirn
Karak-Izor
Karak-Norn
Karak-Vlag
Karaz-a-Karak

Open RvR
Dragonback Mountains
Eltharion
Finuval Plain
Mount Silverspear
Sea of Dreams
Shifting Isles
Tiranoc

Role-Play
Burlok
Makaisson

Open RvR Role Play
Alarielle
Ellyrion

Full list of European servers and server language can be found here.

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
when the game goes live on sunday for CE , i'll be on monolith / core rule/ NA playing destruction.

see you guys there.

edit: ooops... monolith won't be open until SE, i'll be on blood throne instead.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
On the European Warhammer site(for all European players) you can now enter the CE codes for head start and bonus items.

We are pleased to announce that the new code validation page is now open. At this point only those of you with a Collector's Edition pre-order pack can enter your codes, those of you with Standard Edition pre-orders will be able to register yours on Monday morning. At the moment, it is possible to enter both your Head Start access code and your bonus item codes. In order to allow for a quicker and smoother code validation process, we have granted the access code priority over bonus item codes. You are still free to enter both codes now but the bonus item code verification may be delayed.

Please note that in some cases, the leaflet inside the pre-order box contains a slight error. The description state that the code for your bonus in-game items will have the prefix PCEIR1, this will be the case if you bought your pre-order from a normal retail store. However, if your pre-order pack came from a web merchant then your code will begin with PCEIE1 instead. In any case the actual code printed on the back of the leaflet will be correct so do not be concerned if it doesn't appear to match the details in the instructions.

ggnl

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
Originally posted by: 1ceHacka
haha i guess no one still plays this anymore...

Has it gotten any better since the 1-2 months after release? I got tired of WoW and cancelled my account recently. Was thinking of reactivating my WAR account but I need someone to tell me it doesn't suck anymore.

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
Originally posted by: ggnl
Originally posted by: 1ceHacka
haha i guess no one still plays this anymore...

Has it gotten any better since the 1-2 months after release? I got tired of WoW and cancelled my account recently. Was thinking of reactivating my WAR account but I need someone to tell me it doesn't suck anymore.

don't

if anything for the fact when you resub you contribute to paying paul barnett