It seems like I'm getting to old for gamimg..

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dderidex

Platinum Member
Mar 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Aimster
Once you get a girlfriend and you start going to the clubs ... gaming just isn't as exciting. Sure you'll have video games but you won't be playing them hours every day. You'll probably never finish any of them.

MY opinion.

And once that "girlfriend" becomes a "wife" and no more clubbing for you....guess what....video games become cool again!

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
I'm 33, married with 4 kids, and I didn't really start playing games until I was 28. Sure, I used to play on the C64 when I was like 10 years old, but all through middle school, high school, and most of my 20's, I was never into gaming.
It wasn't until I was 28 when I was introduced to the FPS and became an addict. Since then, I've been an addict of Quake 2, Rogue Spear, Medal of Honor, and Battlefield 1942. With each of them, I spent at least 6 months playing almost every night. Even joined a clan for MOH and BF1942.
I have become less interested in recent months, but I think I may just be tired of the standard FPS format, and nothing else has caught my interest. When Battlefield 2 comes out, we'll see if I've really lost interest in gaming in general, or I was just tired of the games I'd played.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: DT4K
I'm 33, married with 4 kids, and I didn't really start playing games until I was 28. Sure, I used to play on the C64 when I was like 10 years old, but all through middle school, high school, and most of my 20's, I was never into gaming.
It wasn't until I was 28 when I was introduced to the FPS and became an addict. Since then, I've been an addict of Quake 2, Rogue Spear, Medal of Honor, and Battlefield 1942. With each of them, I spent at least 6 months playing almost every night. Even joined a clan for MOH and BF1942.
I have become less interested in recent months, but I think I may just be tired of the standard FPS format, and nothing else has caught my interest. When Battlefield 2 comes out, we'll see if I've really lost interest in gaming in general, or I was just tired of the games I'd played.

almost the same story for me. At the end of the night, after everything gets done I hop on my favorite server and unwind. Ive only ever played one game...RTCW. never got into anything else.

I have been clanned with the same group of fellas for almost 3 years now. You get to know these guys pretty well. Most of us are around 30. We have great time.

just another form of boob tube imho...and its definitely a way to relax.

Wanescotting

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2004
This happened to me....................of course I have played 1 game for the past 6 years. I can officially say that Madden is boring. I am OKAY with that, as I have alot of catching up to do..................

Megatomic

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Jero
Umm....you'd be suprised how many gamers are 25+

I can honestly say that I'm not into games as much as I used to be but i'm much older then you are.

My transition started when I was around 27 or so though

I just found there were many more things to enjoy in life and I couldn't keep wasting time on my computer playing games.
I'm 35 and I love gaming. When the kids are in bed and the wife has settled down to watch a classic movie - yep, it's time to play. It is possible to maintain a balanced life that includes playing games.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
u do get a bit jaded.. or ur standards just go up. a stupid hunt for key/door game will just piss u off after a while. its the seen that done that already thing...esp since most younger guys basically od on gaming with gaming sprees. if a game isn't being original or is obviously just forcing u to do busy work(leveling up wandering aimlessly etc) or doesn't let u save any time u want... i just don't have the patience.

tec699

Banned
Dec 19, 2002
I think people need to take some time off from gaming and start to do it in moderation.

I love gaming! At this moment I have my season going with the Sixers in NBA Live '05, I'm playing Freedom Force, Mafia, UT2K4 and Splinter Cell as well. I do need to cut back though as I'm playing on average about 35 hrs per week and that is just too much. I guess I need to start do the advice that I've just given.

:(

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
also more competition for time from new forms of home entertainment now. back in the snes or n64 days the net was just getting popular..not like it is now. that and dvds..huge box sets of tv series..tons of special featues etc. all relatively recent

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Originally posted by: Gulzakar
I have a stack that I barely play.

I'm 26 btw.

The three games I have been playing>?

BF Desert Combat
BF Vietnam
The new Warhammer game...the name eludes me at this time.

other than that? I dabble here and there. I'm done with school, have my weekend friends. When I come home from work I go exercise (4 times a week) then after that? I play some games with History Channel on in the background.

Wow, you sound exactly like me. Thats what I am playing, except I usually keep the comedy channel on in the background