It is possible that Democrats will gain, not lose in November. Here's why/how.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
2/3rds of Americans want access to safe abortion to stay right where it is, I kind of doubt there can't be blowback over a religious minority imposing it's dogma the rest of us like this, and I say us becasue we all know damn well Roe v Wade will just be the begining of this regression out of the 21st century.

Wishful thinking!

When gas is over $6-7 a gallon.. and that leads to everything being expensive.. do you think people care more about abortion?

It's the economy stupid!

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
And they will blame the sitting president despite him having next to zero power to change gas prices

Yup!

Possibly a repeat of 2006-2008 coming benefitting the GOP massively in the next 2 cycles.

All those centrists that played both sides gonna are gonna get wrecked.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Like I said, I just hope anyone and everyone thinking about voting for republicans in the midterms listen closely to Rick Scott, listen to Mitch McConnell when he says the republican agenda will remain a secret, listen closely when billionaires like Musk and Bezos switch their support to the republican party.
It's time to really listen and to pay close attention.

Scott wants to end social security but until then, to tax those on social security. McConnell won't say what his plans are should republicans take control of the government because McConnell knows how unpopular that agenda would be, so he won't tell. Elect us first, then we'll let you know.
And billionaires like Bezos and Musk now support republicans because both billionaires know which party will make them richer.

Whatever ends up happening, the people only have themselves to blame for the bad or take credit for the good. Rachael Maddow isn't gonna save your ass, the voters have to save their own ass.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Wishful thinking!

When gas is over $6-7 a gallon.. and that leads to everything being expensive.. do you think people care more about abortion?

It's the economy stupid!

They used to say a President can't be re-elected with unemployment over 5%, wishful thinking! Obama blew that up.

The economy was cornholed by Trump and has been rescued by the Biden admin, set an all time record for 6.6million jobs in his first year. Americans who don't like what capitalism is doing to them at the pump should take it up with Mohammed bin Bonesaw and the repugs who are obstructing Dem efforts to bring down fuel prices. They care about hungry cars as much as they care about hungry babies in need of formula. 28million to help infants in dire need? Not from these "pro-lifers."

Do you think 51% of the population is going to simply not react from having their bodily autonomy stripped away? To have big government now dictating what can happen with a woman's uterus?

You shouldn't worship sacred cows. They die just like normal cows.

Last edited:

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
They used to say a President can't be re-elected with unemployment over 5%, wishful thinking! Obama blew that up.

The economy was cornholed by Trump and has been rescued by the Biden admin, set an all time record for 6.6million jobs in his first year. Americans who don't like what capitalism is doing to them at the pump should take it up with Mohammed bin Bonesaw and the repugs who are obstructing Dem efforts to bring down fuel prices.

Do you think 51% of the population is going to simply not react from having their bodily autonomy stripped away? To have big government now dictating what can happen with a woman's uterus?

You shouldn't worship sacred cows. They die just like normal cows.

You're talking logically but you need to read my sig.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
You're talking logically but you need to read my sig.

We have more to worry from criminality than stupidity actually. There has always been stupid people here voting against their interests. What is different now is repugs have normalized sedition and treason, also done away with any shame regarding the commission of morally and ethically bankrupt offenses to ensure victory. Subpoenas used to mean something, conservatives used to understand that treason and conspiracy with foreign powers are both very bad.

Repugs are corrupting and destroying the working process and credibility of elections precisely because they cannot rely just on fooling stupid people anymore.

Reactions: hal2kilo

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
The economy was cornholed by Trump and has been rescued by the Biden admin, set an all time record for 6.6million jobs in his first year.
Lol that argument didn’t work in late summer and fall of 2020 when the orange monkey boasted 2 million jobs created by him. And Biden should stop boasting about it also. Just because stores and restaurants reopened after closed due to covid is not sudden job creation.

Reactions: GodisanAtheist

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Lol that argument didn’t work in late summer and fall of 2020 when the orange monkey boasted 2 million jobs created by him.

Do you think being a serial liar and damn near illiterate had anything to do with that? How exactly do you take a person seriously if they think wind turbines cause cancer? Trump's plan of action against rising covid hospitalizations and deaths was to stop testing, that was before he mused people could use sunlight or bleach to rid themselves of the virus. Yeah, pretty shocking people didn't take an orange monkey with the IQ of sunblock seriously. Lol indeed.

And Biden should stop boasting about it also. Just because stores and restaurants reopened after closed due to covid is not sudden job creation.

Biden should cite any and all factual data in response to repug lies and histrionics, and his taking covid seriously played a big role in our recovery. 100 million vaccinations done in his first 100 days. Biden should stop pointing at the truth, at factual numbers? I disagree.

Last edited:

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
You know what dems should start doing right now?

Podcasting.

Why the hell is AOC not running a weekly podcast?
Have on different guests on the scene.. she'd turn some heads. More heads.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

Podcasting.

I just don't know how much of an appetite there is for something like this other than people who are already voting straight Dem.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
FWIW, she's also getting married isn't she? Some ginger I've never seen before, and btw well done dude. You land a partner that smart,witty and hot and you are playing your cards right my friend.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I just don't know how much of an appetite there is for something like this other than people who are already voting straight Dem.

See Rogan .. anyone in their right mind is not listening to Rogan.... I mean I *try* to listen cause the format and people he has on are interesting but the idiot cant do ONE FUCKING episode without mentioning something Hunter Biden.

Hunter Biden is FIRMLY stuck up in Joe Rogan's asshole ... and he is there to stay.

And, still, Rogan sure as hell has an audience.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
See Rogan .. anyone in their right mind is not listening to Rogan.... I mean I *try* to listen cause the format and people he has on are interesting but the idiot cant do ONE FUCKING episode without mentioning something Hunter Biden.

Hunter Biden is FIRMLY stuck up in Joe Rogan's asshole ... and he is there to stay.

And, still, Rogan sure as hell has an audience.
Yeah but you are talking about the anti-left. There is an endless demand for liberal bashing in America. "Independents" will claim they don't want to hear/talk about politics but then feast on any right-wing propaganda they can find. When they say they don't want to talk politics what they really mean is they don't want people pointing out that they are woefully misinformed/underinformed.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
It’s an echo chamber on both sides. So having super liberal podcasts won’t change any minds. Will it help increase enthusiasm? Who knows

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

Podcasting.

Probably because she gets hate mail and death threats. From her own colleagues, even.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
It’s an echo chamber on both sides. So having super liberal podcasts won’t change any minds. Will it help increase enthusiasm? Who knows

Did you type that with a straight face? Liberals welcome new data for the most part, conservatives are the true Cancel Culture and it's borne out by everything from their actual policies on research funding to controlling information and school educations to the actual echo chamber that is their media environment. Liberals say lets go with science, whereas conservatives require a level of political correctness to insulate their feels (unless it involves the science of making money, see drilling technology and weapons industry). White kids learning about racism is more traumatic than minority families living through it for generations let's remember.

One side still gives a shit about facts, the Constitution, negotiating in good faith. The other side is burning books, takes Fed employees hostage, literally trying to undo the civil rights movement, and has openly proclaimed it's intent to thwart and cheat future elections. These people lambasting Biden for letting infants starve turned around and voted against a paltry 28million for formula relief on the same fucking day. There is only one cult involved here buddy.

Anger increases enthusiasm, you must know this.

Btw, I hear NPR issue corrections and underwriting disclaimers all the time, and they routinely report on news seen as unfavorable for non republicans. Contrast that with Fox, who cherry picks guests, sources and commentary to a ridiculous degree and is pretty much completely devoid of any journalistic integrity whatsoever. If you can name a divisive issue, there is probably footage of Fox cutting away from an interview regarding it because commentary veered into the truth and off the party line. Sean Hannity, probably their senior talking head for all of Fox, acts as an unofficial Republican presidential advisor. One side values actual news, the other prefers state media and QAnon, which as we all know is nothing but trailer park Scientology.

The two environments are not the same. Might as well be comparing Barbados to The Brooks Range.

Last edited:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
SCOTUS seems to be assisting with this, Moscow Mitch bringing up a Federal ban on abortion just days after the leaked draft seems to have driven the point home. Poll quoted on NPR today of registered voters indicated more motivation on the (D) side, >20% difference between the two groups.

2/3rds of Americans want access to safe abortion to stay right where it is. I kind of doubt there can't be blowback over a religious minority getting the SCOTUS to do a first, to actually revoke rights. I say us because we all know damn well Roe v Wade will just be the beginning of this regression out of the 21st century. The evangelical white racists who have dumped democracy in favor of fascism are just getting started. Thankfully I think they've pissed off enough women and young people. USPS is about to have it's DeJoy tumor removed, and we still have Jan 6th fun to see too. Still a lot than can happen, and probably will. We'll see.
Told you all! I really hope it was a con that released the draft thinking that this would get them locked into both houses and the WH. It's a big backfire if that's true.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Thomas is still the number one contender for that in my book. He would prefer to keep the focus off of his shit-for-brains wife, and the leak helps him and Alito resist the efforts of Roberts, who is trying to save the court from itself and the departure from stare decisis.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
SCOTUS seems to be assisting with this, Moscow Mitch bringing up a Federal ban on abortion just days after the leaked draft seems to have driven the point home. Poll quoted on NPR today of registered voters indicated more motivation on the (D) side, >20% difference between the two groups.

2/3rds of Americans want access to safe abortion to stay right where it is. I kind of doubt there can't be blowback over a religious minority getting the SCOTUS to do a first, to actually revoke rights. I say us because we all know damn well Roe v Wade will just be the beginning of this regression out of the 21st century. The evangelical white racists who have dumped democracy in favor of fascism are just getting started. Thankfully I think they've pissed off enough women and young people. USPS is about to have it's DeJoy tumor removed, and we still have Jan 6th fun to see too. Still a lot than can happen, and probably will. We'll see.
To be fair SCOTUS had been taking rights from people and giving them to corporations for a long time.

Reactions: hal2kilo