Israel First Policy by the Trump/Kushner regime

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What would you like to see happen to Israel?

I'd like to see that govt give up the goal of taking it all, of dispossessing the Pals completely.

It's perfectly clear that's what Bibi & the settlers want & that Trump & Co will enable them further.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Here's Mike Pence's devotion to Israel:

“Let me say emphatically, like the overwhelming majority of my constituents, my Christian faith compels me to cherish the state of Israel,” Pence said in an address to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee in 2009, while he was serving in Congress.

“Hoosiers have cherished our relationship with the people of Israel for generations. As we look ahead, deepening our ties with the people, businesses, and state of Israel remains a commitment that will empower us as partners. Grounded in our shared values and our hope for the future, today our friendship is highlighted by a remarkable entrepreneurial spirit shared between our two nations,”

“We have known and worked with Mike Pence for years. His faith and worldview have made him one of Israel’s most steadfast supporters, both in Congress and as governor,” Brog told JNS.org. “He would be yet another powerful pro-Israel voice on Donald Trump’s team.”

"Pence had also been a vocal critic of the Iran nuclear deal. In 2015, he joined 14 other Republican governors in signing a letter to President Barack Obama expressing their opposition to the deal."

“Israel and Indiana share many concerns that Hoosiers cherish,” Pence said last month at the second annual Indiana-Israel Business Exchange. “As our nation’s strongest and most important ally in the Middle East, Israel is also a key partner in our state’s economic growth.”

https://www.algemeiner.com/2016/07/...support-for-israel-rooted-in-christian-faith/

--------------

A country of 8 million people is more important to Indiana than let's say, Mexico? California? New York? Nigeria?

Of course Trump would pick such a man for the VP.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Here's Mike Pence's devotion to Israel:

“Let me say emphatically, like the overwhelming majority of my constituents, my Christian faith compels me to cherish the state of Israel,” Pence said in an address to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee in 2009, while he was serving in Congress.

“Hoosiers have cherished our relationship with the people of Israel for generations. As we look ahead, deepening our ties with the people, businesses, and state of Israel remains a commitment that will empower us as partners. Grounded in our shared values and our hope for the future, today our friendship is highlighted by a remarkable entrepreneurial spirit shared between our two nations,”

“We have known and worked with Mike Pence for years. His faith and worldview have made him one of Israel’s most steadfast supporters, both in Congress and as governor,” Brog told JNS.org. “He would be yet another powerful pro-Israel voice on Donald Trump’s team.”

"Pence had also been a vocal critic of the Iran nuclear deal. In 2015, he joined 14 other Republican governors in signing a letter to President Barack Obama expressing their opposition to the deal."

“Israel and Indiana share many concerns that Hoosiers cherish,” Pence said last month at the second annual Indiana-Israel Business Exchange. “As our nation’s strongest and most important ally in the Middle East, Israel is also a key partner in our state’s economic growth.”

https://www.algemeiner.com/2016/07/...support-for-israel-rooted-in-christian-faith/

--------------

A country of 8 million people is more important to Indiana than let's say, Mexico? California? New York? Nigeria?

Of course Trump would pick such a man for the VP.

I did not know Israel was so into basketball.

:D

JmZxj8M.gif

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Disgusting pro-israel stances coming from this administration. Full of pandering and not one mention of our Pals.

I want to begin right now, by answering a question that is sometimes asked about our relationship -- why? Why does the United States stand so strongly, so firmly with the State of Israel? And the answer is simple. We stand together because we share a common story -- patriots determined “to be a free people in our land,” pioneers who forged a nation, heroes who sacrificed to preserve our freedom, and immigrants from every corner of the world who renew constantly our diverse societies.

We stand together because we are democracies. For as noisy and messy as it may be, we know that democracy is the greatest form of government ever devised by man.

We stand together because it makes us more prosperous. Our trade and investment create jobs for both our peoples. Our partnerships in science and medicine and health bring us closer to new cures, harness new energy and have helped transform us into high-tech hubs of our global economy.

We stand together because we share a commitment to helping our fellow human beings around the world. When the earth shakes and the floods come, our doctors and rescuers reach out to help. When people are suffering, from Africa to Asia, we partner to fight disease and overcome hunger.

And we stand together because peace must come to the Holy Land. For even as we are clear-eyed about the difficulty, we will never lose sight of the vision of an Israel at peace with its neighbors.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
You still seem to be missing the point, really.

Sitting in a cubicle in Iowa ?
Where I am is irrelevant.

I guess we should all just hope for peace and love in the middle east. We send them a lot of money but not enough good vibes.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Well, I think most of us know any U.S. politician going against Israel is basically committing political hari kiri, and they have a constant need to inflate that countries value. . AIPAC quickly gets into gear mobilizing huge networks of Israeli supporters and funnel millions of $ to bring anyone who may be perceived as anti-Israel down. The media are even brought to heel. If a country can get away with the deliberate sinking of a U.S. ship (U.S.S. Liberty), they can get away with anything.

"I've never seen a President — I don't care who he is — stand up to them. It just boggles the mind. They always get what they want. The Israelis know what is going on all the time. I got to the point where I wasn't writing anything down. If the American people understood what a grip these people have got on our government, they would RISE UP IN ARMS. Our citizens certainly don't have any idea what goes on." Thomas H. Moorer (1912 - 2004) Admiral, US Navy & Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff

And Admiral Moorers statement rejecting the Israeli excuse for the attack: http://www.ussliberty.org/moorer3.htm

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Lots of anti-semites here that would just love seeing Israel burn. Apparently Jhhnn and raildogg

ah, the fascist propaganda card. When you can't engage honestly in the subject with the nuance and intelligence that it deserves, you bring out the ultra nationalism card and scream patriotism.

Good work, comrade: your membership patch is in the mail.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
ah, the fascist propaganda card. When you can't engage honestly in the subject with the nuance and intelligence that it deserves, you bring out the ultra nationalism card and scream patriotism.

Good work, comrade: your membership patch is in the mail.

Sorry, it sounded like dog-whistle anti-semitism. I apologize if people were advocating true fairness. All lives matter is similarly dog-whistle, sorry I missed the context.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Where I am is irrelevant.

No it isn't, have you ever been invited to a Bat/Bar Mitzvah etc, or you do just have a fantasy in your head about what Israel is all about ?

It is as varied as any other country in beliefs as far as the government goes.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
No it isn't, have you ever been invited to a Bat/Bar Mitzvah etc, or you do just have a fantasy in your head about what Israel is all about ?

It is as varied as any other country in beliefs as far as the government goes.

So to have an opinion on anything you need to have a qualifying amount of experience with something? Please tell me, what is a qualifying amount of experience on this particular subject, in your completely arbitrary and basically inconsequential opinion.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
AIPAC press release:

"AIPAC applauds the Trump Administration's announcement today sanctioning an additional 13 individuals and 12 entities for their support of Iran’s malign activities. Iran has stepped up its aggressive behavior over the last year, highlighted by another ballistic missile test this week. The Trump Administration has made clear that the United States intends to push back against Iran’s unacceptable actions, and these new designations mark an important first step. We also appreciate the bipartisan group of 22 senators who advocated for additional sanctions."

-----------

Question: Why does Iran not have the right to test ballistic missiles?
Question: Why does Israel get $38 billion in US military aid, creates some of the most technologically advanced missile technology, have a large nuclear arsenal but when Iran simply tests some ballistic missiles, Israeli propaganda groups push for more sanctions on Iran?

What sort of world do we live in?

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
https://defencyclopedia.com/2015/01/30/top-10-most-powerful-weapons-of-the-israeli-military/

Defense missile systems jointly produced by US and Israel:

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/us-israel-missile-defense

Israel has an arsenal of advanced missiles that can easily reach Iran. Of course, this is acceptable. No one dare challenge Israel's supremacy.

"Israel's intercontinental ballistic missile launchers are believed to be buried so far underground that they would survive a nuclear attack."

"According to an official report which was submitted to the American congress in 2004, it may be that with a payload of 1,000 kg the Jericho III gives Israel nuclear strike capabilities within the entire Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and almost all parts of North America, as well as large parts of South America and North Oceania. Missile Threat reports: "The range of the Jericho 3 also provides an extremely high impact speed for nearby targets, enabling it to avoid any Anti-Ballistic Missile (ABM) defenses that may develop in the immediate region."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jericho_(missile)

But when Iran simply tests a ballistic missile, we must impose sanctions on them. Only Israel can get to have the most destructive weaponry in the Middle East. All challengers must be squashed.

Last edited:

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
https://defencyclopedia.com/2015/01/30/top-10-most-powerful-weapons-of-the-israeli-military/

Defense missile systems jointly produced by US and Israel:

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/us-israel-missile-defense

Israel has an arsenal of advanced missiles that can easily reach Iran. Of course, this is acceptable. No one dare challenge Israel's supremacy.

"Israel's intercontinental ballistic missile launchers are believed to be buried so far underground that they would survive a nuclear attack."

"According to an official report which was submitted to the American congress in 2004, it may be that with a payload of 1,000 kg the Jericho III gives Israel nuclear strike capabilities within the entire Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and almost all parts of North America, as well as large parts of South America and North Oceania. Missile Threat reports: "The range of the Jericho 3 also provides an extremely high impact speed for nearby targets, enabling it to avoid any Anti-Ballistic Missile (ABM) defenses that may develop in the immediate region."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jericho_(missile)

But when Iran simply tests a ballistic missile, we must impose sanctions on them. Only Israel can get to have the most destructive weaponry in the Middle East. All challengers must be squashed.

We've had this position on Israel and the Middle East for a while now. Iran is seen as the enemy, Israel, our ally. What don't you understand?

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Oh I understand. It makes total sense in this upside down world we live - where the aggressors are favored and the downtrodden are kicked even harder. Not only that, false accusations are thrown at the poor people in order to make the aggressors even stronger. That's apparently what this world is about.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
http://www.usnews.com/news/world/ar...s-trump-really-mean-by-putting-iran-on-notice

"We will not take permission from any country or international organization to develop our conventional defense power and we will confront any foreign interference in the defense affairs, including the Islamic Republic of Iran's missile power," Ali Shamkhani, secretary of Iran's Supreme National Security Council, said on Monday according to its state news service Fars.

I am wondering why Trump put Iran on the travel ban list? Is it to appease some group? I mean, the ban list is ridiculous but I can see some places as being chaotic. But Iran is a different story. Wonder why these people are trying to stir up such animosity with Iran.

Just like violence can create more violence, hopefully peace can bring more peace. We have to choose: do we want violence or peace?

Last edited:

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
So to have an opinion on anything you need to have a qualifying amount of experience with something? Please tell me, what is a qualifying amount of experience on this particular subject, in your completely arbitrary and basically inconsequential opinion.

It does not hurt to have some experience in the area.

miscellaneous-philosophy-philosophers-blindness-elephants-parables-tmcn1548_low.jpg

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
http://www.usnews.com/news/world/ar...s-trump-really-mean-by-putting-iran-on-notice

"We will not take permission from any country or international organization to develop our conventional defense power and we will confront any foreign interference in the defense affairs, including the Islamic Republic of Iran's missile power," Ali Shamkhani, secretary of Iran's Supreme National Security Council, said on Monday according to its state news service Fars.

I am wondering why Trump put Iran on the travel ban list? Is it to appease some group? I mean, the ban list is ridiculous but I can see some places as being chaotic. But Iran is a different story. Wonder why these people are trying to stir up such animosity with Iran.

Just like violence can create more violence, hopefully peace can bring more peace. We have to choose: do we want violence or peace?

Or do we want to maintain tensions for domestic political purposes & appease AIPAC?