Solved! Is there a way to run an .EXE file on a mobile device? Keeping all its functions? So that the software works well?

Audrey Teles

Jan 29, 2021
I would like desktop software to work on a mobile device, even if some change has to be made to your operating system. Regardless of what needs to be done on the mobile device in order for this program to work, I'm willing to test it since the device is a quad core M9 Multilaser tablet with Android Kit Kat (4.4.2).

Also the software was developed by me in python and I needed the system to be similar to Windows, or at least to run the functions of the software like in Windows.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Since no one else has posted here...

There appear to be several ways to run Python on Android. Alternatively, you could use a remote desktop client to connect to an actual Windows desktop. The method you need likely depends on what capabilities of the tablet your software needs.

Reactions: Audrey Teles
Solution

DjoleO

Mar 19, 2021
Android is Linux based, and it has support for python too. I'm not sure if you need root or not, but there's an app called Termux which enables a terminal emulator for your phone. Through this you could run a python script, but I'm not sure how graphical things would work. You'd have to look at androids docs for that perhaps.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
That's interesting. I thought app stores forbade emulation. I must be thinking of Apple. Google Play has several emulators, including the aforementioned DOSbox, and a couple of Bochs versions.

Then, to run a Windows app, for best compatibility you need a copy of Windows. You could also try Linux with Wine, or ReactOS.

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
There is no way running any modern native existing x86 software on ARM based smartphones/tablets unless using slow emulator.

PWA probably is the future for cross platform software development & deployment where every platform have modern browsers installed.

Last edited:

Cogman

Lifer
Sep 19, 2000
There is no way running any modern native existing x86 software on ARM based smartphones/tablets unless using slow emulator.

PWA probably is the future for cross platform software development & deployment where every platform have modern browsers installed.
Agreed. Particularly now that WASM is starting to mature with a lot of needed features.

PWA will, IMO, be the way to do cross system app development. Even chrome on windows (all be it, somewhat mediocre) support for "installing" a pwa.