Is paying people in pennies mean?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Skunkwourk

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
Unless you're a loser with nothing else better to do with your time, I don't understand why you would actually go through the trouble of creating an unwarranted inconvenience for someone else.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Deeko
You're not evil, you're an asshole. That's not funny at all. if I were that guy, I'd tell you to go fuck yourself.

This would be my exact reply.

Nov 7, 2000
i think pennies should be eliminated. until they are no longer legal tender, i say use them as much as possible to brew discontent with the coin. i think the only reason there isn't more of a push to retire them is because people do avoid using them. would you even stop to pick one up off of the ground?

but really, boo to you for going out of your way to inconvenience them. just immature.

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
I would take your rolls of pennies, smash them on the ground so they scatter in all directions, and yank my book back from you. Think you are going to get in a fight with me? Not likely, I'll fucking shank your ass in self defense. Grow the fuck up douche bag.

Dualist

Platinum Member
Dec 5, 2005
I don't think it's mean, but it's very kind for someone to pay someone with pennies. After all, as some folks say that those pennies you collect will eventually add up to dollars.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
Originally posted by: Safeway
I would take your rolls of pennies, smash them on the ground so they scatter in all directions, and yank my book back from you. Think you are going to get in a fight with me? Not likely, I'll fucking shank your ass in self defense. Grow the fuck up douche bag.

so you'd kill someone over $12 in pennies? You may want to tone down the internet badass a bit there, big guy... unless of course you perceive this as a killable offense, in which case please ignore this post.

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
come on, how many times has this been done already, I don't think it is funny anymore.

anyway, if the pennies were rolled up, I probably wouldn't have a problem taking them if it was only $12....

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
I would make you count it in front of me on my doormat and when you finish slam the door in your face.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
I would make you stack it up in dollar towers then i'd knock it all down and kick you out.

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
The only thing I ever tried to pay for in pennies was a 40 down at the bottle shop back in college. The guy told me to take a hike until I could come up with at least dimes.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
if they're rolled up it wouldn't be as bad as loose pennies. still a pretty dickhead thing to do.

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Originally posted by: Jeeebus

so you'd kill someone over $12 in pennies? You may want to tone down the internet badass a bit there, big guy... unless of course you perceive this as a killable offense, in which case please ignore this post.

No, I said I would shank his ass if he thought he would fight me over my actions. I would throw his shitty pennies to the ground. If he tried to fight me for doing so, I'd pull out my Benchmade and shank him.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: bignateyk
The only thing I ever tried to pay for in pennies was a 40 down at the bottle shop back in college. The guy told me to take a hike until I could come up with at least dimes.

lol

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006

No, I said I would shank his ass if he thought he would fight me over my actions. I would throw his shitty pennies to the ground. If he tried to fight me for doing so, I'd pull out my Benchmade and shank him.

then you're possibly a bigger idiot than I first contemplated which, I confess, was no small feat to accomplish.

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004

then you're possibly a bigger idiot than I first contemplated which, I confess, was no small feat to accomplish.

So, I impressed you?