is it me or does religion suck?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Elledan

Banned
Jul 24, 2000
THE KINSLAYER - Nightwish

For whom the gun tolls
For whom the prey weeps
Bow before a war
Call it religion

Some wounds never heal
Some tears never will
Dry for the unkind
Cry for mankind

Even the dead cry
-Their only comfort
Kill your friend, I don`t care
Orchid kids, blinded stare

Need to understand
No need to forgive
No truth no sense left to be followed

"Facing this unbearable fear like meeting an old friend"
"Time to die, poor mates, You made me what I am!"

" In this world of a million religions everyone prays the same way"
"Your praying is in vain It`ll all be over soon"
"Father help me, save me a place by your side!"
"There is no god Our creed is but for ourselves"

" Not a hero unless you die Our species eat the wounded ones"

"Drunk with the blood of your victims
I do feel your pity-wanting pain,
Lust for fame, a deadly game"

"Run away with your impeccable kin!"

"- Good wombs hath borne bad sons..."
Cursing, God, why?
Falling for every lie
Survivors` guilt
In us forevermore

15 candles
Redeemers of this world
Dwell in hypocrisy:
"How were we supposed to know?"

--------

Believing in an all powerful and all knowing force which controls everything means giving up free will. This is unacceptable.

mithrandir2001

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
Atheism is technically a religion, since it has a belief system. If you want to give up religion altogether, you can call yourself an agnostic. I haven't been to church in 3 years and I have no regrets. Organized religion and all of its baggage are not for me.

Mikal

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2001
Well, I dunno..... atheism technically has a "lack of belief system."
Point is, many people don't "need" religion to have a good meaningful moral life.
:)

ToBeMe

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000

<< is it me or does religion suck? >>

It's just your ignorance!;) Why would one suck anymore than the other????? Maybe YOU suck for saying this about something some people feel very strongly about!;) You can think all you want......but why does one have to be right and the other wrong?????;)

mithrandir2001

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
Don't atheists say &quot;we don't believe in God&quot;? Since the existence - or lack of existence - of God cannot be proven, their declaration is really a belief. I agree that atheism is not a formal religion, but it's still based on some belief system, however small it may be.

I'm agnostic because I find it too difficult to believe in something that I cannot understand or comprehend. Does God exist? I don't know - maybe yes, maybe no...what is God, anyway? Something that you can touch in some realm or is it just some blanket concept, etc. - you get my point, it's not something we humans can ascertain...I'm not going to pull my hair out of my head trying to answer questions that cannot be answered.

Mikal

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2001
I;m too wrapped up with living in the here and now to worry about IF there is an afterlife.

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Hey, you say you're an atheist, right? Ok, then you have a religion, and you obviously have good opinions about it. So your religion doesn't suck, at least in your opinion. Of course, you would say that being a Christian (especially an independent Baptist, like me) really blows. But in my opinion, it's the other way around. So let's stop having these religion polls three times per day on the O.T. forum, ok? They get boring awfully fast, because all they are is a bunch of people b****ing about what other people believe.

Olias

Sep 3, 2000
Webster definition is... &quot;Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.&quot;

Reality is that we all serve something, whether it?s self or some other pursuit. To understand meaning in life, you need to die first and this is the Christian teaching. Once dead, cannot die again. Think about it.

UG

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
&quot;one role of faith is to resist the oppressive force of the facts.&quot; -- Gerd Theissen

Why limit your imagination to only having sex with your wife (or your husband) or your hand?

:D