Is a joke on shooting illegal immigrants acceptable from our government?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

wuliheron

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2011
It is only okay to make jokes about Christians. White people cant tell jokes about anyone else.

Maybe if you have never served horably in the military you should just shut up and sit down.

White people can still make jokes about white people! How many white people does it take to screw in a lightbulb? None! They get an illegal immigrant to do the shitty jobs!

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
You didn't want to admit the fact that you just took the tax cuts at face value without even knowing what type of taxes they were paying before and after and you ran away like a little bitch because you KNEW you'd have to sound like a complete flipping moron to justify your conclusion.

I just want to remind Phukface that he claimed I was running away from an argument because I didn't not respond to his nonsensical tantrums within an arbitrary amount of time. It looks like now that he's being pinned down in this thread and others he himself is running away like a little bitch...

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Not really, if there's that many hispanics, then good luck with that. However much you or conservatives dislike illegals, the government isn't going to tolerate randomly shooting people, even if they're brown.

That was my point to you, actually. At this stage I think you WANT that. You want conservatives who'd take action in defending the sovereignty of the United Stated taken out by their own government, aka a blood bath as I'm telling you will happen.

You don't shit all over the melting pot, have a hundred million invaders assimilate the nation and expect the natives NOT to get restless.

Democrats get IN OUR FACE on this forum about the crimes we commit against terrorists in the Middle East, telling us their attacks are our own fault by our wrongs committed in the Middle East. You commit these crimes against conservatives here. You should damn well expect the same result. Knowing that, you're going to sit here all nice and smug and NOT DO ANYTHING?

I can't figure any other reason than you want it. Palestinians, we need to give them land and we need to give them whatever they want. Conservatives get what? Oh yeah... you're championing that they'll get put down.

Thank you for your love of country in trying to defuse the situation and ensure non-violence... oh wait...that's MY solution, not yours. You want violence. How can I conclude anything else from your responses?

Let me refer you back to my original post, as I'm sure you'd like to think it does not exist by now.

Secure the Border. Assimilate the foreign population on our land. No violence.

Your response? F' the natives.

Last edited:

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
That was my point to you, actually. At this stage I think you WANT that. You want conservatives who'd take action in defending the sovereignty of the United Stated taken out by their own government, aka a blood bath as I'm telling you will happen.

You don't shit all over the melting pot, have a hundred million invaders assimilate the nation and expect the natives NOT to get restless.

Democrats get IN OUR FACE on this forum about the crimes we commit against terrorists in the Middle East, telling us their attacks are our own fault by our wrongs committed in the Middle East. You commit these crimes against conservatives here. You should damn well expect the same result. Knowing that, you're going to sit here all nice and smug and NOT DO ANYTHING?

I can't figure any other reason than you want it. Palestinians, we need to give them land and we need to give them whatever they want. Conservatives get what? Oh yeah... you're championing that they'll get put down.

Thank you for your love of country in trying to defuse the situation and ensure non-violence... oh wait...that's MY solution, not yours. You want violence. How can I conclude anything else from your responses?

Let me refer you back to my original post, as I'm sure you'd like to think it does not exist by now.

Secure the Border. Assimilate the foreign population on our land. No violence.

Your response? F' the natives.

I'm not sure if everyone is advocating violence, but I will say that the general tone of rhetoric about illegal immigration lacks a certain degree of reasonableness. I believe you when you say you'd prefer non-violent solutions, but you don't have to look very far to see people suggesting we do things like mine the border. And phrases like "defend our sovereignty" and "invasion" are in pretty ready supply, neither of which to me suggest reasonable and measured responses to the problem.

While I'm sure plenty of people are using the debate to make anti-conservative political hay like you suggest, a lot of conservatives aren't exactly helping things with how they approach the issue either.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
And phrases like "defend our sovereignty" and "invasion" are in pretty ready supply, neither of which to me suggest reasonable and measured responses to the problem.

Perhaps you're reading too much into those phrases or imagine that anyone who would say that is a hillbilly?

The term invasion is pretty accurate. Invasion doesn't only have a military meaning. It also means "the incoming or spread of something usually hurtful." You may disagree that it's hurtful, but is it totally unreasonable to think massive illegal immigration is hurtful?

Sovereignty includes the right to control immigration and passage through ones borders. Illegal immigrants are not respecting that.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
This type of thinking is pretty prevalent amongst conservatives. That's one of they reasons why they love guns so much, they have fantasies about it, but they also wouldn't do it ostensibly because they don't like going to prison. I think one resident ATPN conservative, Arkaign, explained it well:

Ridiculous. I know plenty of liberals who have guns. One of my best friends in KS who hosts a pheasant hunt all fall long on his 4000 some acres is a hard core democrat. I myself tend to be more liberal and shoot better than any conservatives friends I have.;) Members here including POW and GD love guns.

You're just a typical city boy and don't get out much.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Damn straight! Shawna Forde and Gunny Bush are true heroes and patriots.

shawna.jpg

She needs to give chase a few times a day. Well at least hot desert sun might do her some good. (why is it all these minute mens are lard asses?)

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
They all should be saying it. When someone invades your country, you kill them. Tends to discourage them from doing it again.

You could solve innumerable problems by killing people, just because something works doesn't mean you should do it. Can't believe I just had to explain that.

Last edited:

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Yes, but the problem is, other than something drastic like that, what will really work to stem the illegal invasion and have US, the folks being invaded, not have to go to rediculous lengths?

The illegals already could give less than a smelly fart about the border, crossing it is simply an exercise to them. So exactly how does one make it so serious to violate that border, that they don't dare cross it? Open it so anyone can come in because Bleeding Hearts have a case of <insert liberal mental deficiency here> Guilt and get a woody when they see non-whites gettin' one over on The Man isn't a solution. Same for POS businesspeople hiring them so they can exert no sweat for their business, reap profits, all while compensating illegals at 1/3 the rates they'd have to compensate a legal US worker.

This is why that solution is commonly used, because frankly, I think it's about the only realistic one that would actually cause the illegals to understand we're not F'ing around anymore, and that the border isn't a subject you use in a joke about a crime you committed...

Chuck

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Perhaps you're reading too much into those phrases or imagine that anyone who would say that is a hillbilly?

The term invasion is pretty accurate. Invasion doesn't only have a military meaning. It also means "the incoming or spread of something usually hurtful." You may disagree that it's hurtful, but is it totally unreasonable to think massive illegal immigration is hurtful?

Sovereignty includes the right to control immigration and passage through ones borders. Illegal immigrants are not respecting that.

I might not always be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I know a manipulative, emotionally loaded phrase when I hear it. You can argue semantics as much as you like, but I guarantee that absolutely NOBODY hears "invasion" or "threats to sovereignty" and thinks of illegal Mexican immigrants picking grapes in California vineyards for a few dollars a day.

Like all politically manipulative language, you can lawyer your way into arguing why the phrase is justified, but that's not why people phrase the argument that way.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
I might not always be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I know a manipulative, emotionally loaded phrase when I hear it. You can argue semantics as much as you like, but I guarantee that absolutely NOBODY hears "invasion" or "threats to sovereignty" and thinks of illegal Mexican immigrants picking grapes in California vineyards for a few dollars a day.

Like all politically manipulative language, you can lawyer your way into arguing why the phrase is justified, but that's not why people phrase the argument that way.

People phrase the argument that way because they think it's a serious problem. Do you think they're doing that because they want to provoke people to violence?

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Yes, but the problem is, other than something drastic like that, what will really work to stem the illegal invasion and have US, the folks being invaded, not have to go to rediculous lengths?

The illegals already could give less than a smelly fart about the border, crossing it is simply an exercise to them. So exactly how does one make it so serious to violate that border, that they don't dare cross it? Open it so anyone can come in because Bleeding Hearts have a case of <insert liberal mental deficiency here> Guilt and get a woody when they see non-whites gettin' one over on The Man isn't a solution. Same for POS businesspeople hiring them so they can exert no sweat for their business, reap profits, all while compensating illegals at 1/3 the rates they'd have to compensate a legal US worker.

This is why that solution is commonly used, because frankly, I think it's about the only realistic one that would actually cause the illegals to understand we're not F'ing around anymore, and that the border isn't a subject you use in a joke about a crime you committed...

Chuck

The fact that there isn't an obvious or easy solution to a problem isn't a reasonable argument to resorting to violence. For one thing, your argument totally ignores the degree of seriousness of the actual problem, and seems to suggest that all non-trivially solvable issues should just be met with violent retribution as a disincentive.

wuliheron

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2011
I lived in Spain when the Nazi collaborating dictator Franco was alive. They used to say Mussolini made the trains run on time, and Franco introduced the Spaniards to toilet paper. Anyway, the Spanish military police had strict orders to shoot to kill and ask questions later if anyone was on the beach after 5:00pm.

They walked around with their uzi submachine guns, 45s, and jackboots and people treated them with respect! That's what America needs, more fascist dictators and military police. Heil Hitler!

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
People phrase the argument that way because they think it's a serious problem. Do you think they're doing that because they want to provoke people to violence?

I don't think they're trying to provoke anything. In fact I agree with you that their phrasing is a reflection of what they think of the problem...which was pretty much the point I was trying to make. The way some people talk about illegal immigration reflects a disturbing lack of perspective and an obvious willingness to totally overreact to the problem.

Don't get me wrong. I think illegal immigration is a problem that should be addressed one way or another. But describing the problem using phrasing and fervor that I would use to describe tanks rolling across the border is ridiculously overblown.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
I don't think they're trying to provoke anything. In fact I agree with you that their phrasing is a reflection of what they think of the problem...which was pretty much the point I was trying to make. The way some people talk about illegal immigration reflects a disturbing lack of perspective and an obvious willingness to totally overreact to the problem.

Don't get me wrong. I think illegal immigration is a problem that should be addressed one way or another. But describing the problem using phrasing and fervor that I would use to describe tanks rolling across the border is ridiculously overblown.

Do you get as bent out of shape when people refer to ant invasions? After all, they're not tanks rolling across the desert. But seriously, you don't seem to think it's that big of a deal and you're just mad that other people do. You're attacking their use of words and then when someone gives you a taste of your own medicine you claim you're getting lawyered. Honestly I don't get your issue.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I'm not sure if everyone is advocating violence, but I will say that the general tone of rhetoric about illegal immigration lacks a certain degree of reasonableness. I believe you when you say you'd prefer non-violent solutions, but you don't have to look very far to see people suggesting we do things like mine the border. And phrases like "defend our sovereignty" and "invasion" are in pretty ready supply, neither of which to me suggest reasonable and measured responses to the problem.

While I'm sure plenty of people are using the debate to make anti-conservative political hay like you suggest, a lot of conservatives aren't exactly helping things with how they approach the issue either.

Neither do Palestinians help things with how they approach their issues.

When people say mine the border, and others like the 'joke' in the OP, these words suggest the severity of the problem and how people are reacting to it. They don't take it well. It's a threat that drives them to act out, currently in words, alternatively in violence. I believe they are sincere when they advocate violence to defend the border.

Look at the future consequences of inaction. We'll have a fourth of our entire nation as a part of this segregated population that our native conservatives see as a threat, who they advocate violence to remove. That is the realistic severity of the issue at hand. It needs to be taken seriously, action has to be given to resolve it.

We cannot sit idly by and watch this process unfold before our eyes. As the Palestinians want their land, so too do conservatives. They want a secure United States where our culture maintains a healthy melting pot that assimilates foreigners. To do that we must throttle back the flow until we integrate the existing population. Fail to integrate them, and you get people wanting to violently remove them.

Defending one's country is a popular notion.

comptr6

Feb 22, 2011
Do you get as bent out of shape when people refer to ant invasions? After all, they're not tanks rolling across the desert. But seriously, you don't seem to think it's that big of a deal and you're just mad that other people do. You're attacking their use of words and then when someone gives you a taste of your own medicine you claim you're getting lawyered. Honestly I don't get your issue.

Of course he does! Libtards are pro-invasion of America, whether it's ants or illegal alien criminals who don't do much for themselves.

Thanks to leftists illegals are everywhere and they're destroying this country. And when ants invade your home you burn them. stomp them. poisen them. When someone invades your country, you kill them, just like ants. I've nothing against executing those who hire them either.

lothar

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2000
Of course he does! Libtards are pro-invasion of America, whether it's ants or illegal alien criminals who don't do much for themselves.

Thanks to leftists illegals are everywhere and they're destroying this country. And when ants invade your home you burn them. stomp them. poisen them. When someone invades your country, you kill them, just like ants. I've nothing against executing those who hire them either.
WWYBYWB? :colbert:
Has this guy been completely vetted by the mods/admins here to make sure he's not a RBM?

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
The fact that there isn't an obvious or easy solution to a problem isn't a reasonable argument to resorting to violence.

Depending on the amount of time you need to solve the problem, and the severity of the problem vs. the effects of letting it continue, it sure is.

For one thing, your argument totally ignores the degree of seriousness of the actual problem,

No, my statements bring the problem to a head: We have been, are are being, invaded by Millions of people from another country. These same people could absolutely care less about invading US, it's not their problem, it's ours. We have been invaded to such an extent that social engineering such as public announcements must also be made in our non-native language. Worse, these invaders breed at higher rates than our native population, making the problem even worse long term. We have "immigrant" (notice the wording change, from illegal to immigrant - it's not an accident) rallies in our cities where tons of "immigrants" and bleeding hearts ralling for "pro-immigration rights", when they really mean, give all the illegal invaders here citizenship, and let more and more come on in. None of what I just posted is debatable in any way, it's straight out fact. You can make fun of it with word plays and jokes, try and dismiss it as not really important, but the facts will not go away.

Seriously: How could it get worse than that?

and seems to suggest that all non-trivially solvable issues should just be met with violent retribution as a disincentive.

When there is no non-violent solution being proposed, and the actions of the Fed (who's main job it is, over anything else, is to secure our borders) is basically - as a % of solving the problem - nonaction, exactly what other options would one propose?

"Ask nicely"? They don't care, they'll keep illegally invading.

"Use stern statements (ala UN)"? Wowzers, that'll stop the invasion.

"Vastly underman, underequip, undermeasure Border Patrol"? We're doing that now, look how awesome that's working.

"Legalize all the illegals"? Regan did that, how did it work out in keeping out anymore illegal invaders?

It's blatantly clear how the powers that be, and the Bleeding Hearts, want this to play out: Do nothing, and the problem will simply take care of itself via everyone in Mexico just coming to the US. Powers that be get to not make any hard decisions, plus, get a reacharound from Business that's exploiting these people and screwing American workers. Bleeding Hearts get to "get one over on The Man", and "Brown People Unite" (one could even throw in some cool Badger Pics, that gets some Bleeding Hearts a real hard-on), plus, these same Bleeding Hearts, who are obviously mainly Democrat, get to really pump up their voting base, thereby ensuring future elections: Really, how could they lose?

The people getting screwed here, in order of importance, are:

1.) The non-Bleeding Heart US citizen who's not illegally employing people.

2.) The illegals themselves.

3.) Mexico, in that their working population leaves, leaving them with what they have now (note: The ruling elite in Mexico actually like the situation as it is).

In closing: Militarize the border, with lethal force. After a few hundred are killed, the message will get out that Mexican's have to be like every other person in the world wanting into the US, they can get in line just like everyone else has to.

Chuck

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Depending on the amount of time you need to solve the problem, and the severity of the problem vs. the effects of letting it continue, it sure is.

No, my statements bring the problem to a head: We have been, are are being, invaded by Millions of people from another country. These same people could absolutely care less about invading US, it's not their problem, it's ours. We have been invaded to such an extent that social engineering such as public announcements must also be made in our non-native language. Worse, these invaders breed at higher rates than our native population, making the problem even worse long term. We have "immigrant" (notice the wording change, from illegal to immigrant - it's not an accident) rallies in our cities where tons of "immigrants" and bleeding hearts ralling for "pro-immigration rights", when they really mean, give all the illegal invaders here citizenship, and let more and more come on in. None of what I just posted is debatable in any way, it's straight out fact. You can make fun of it with word plays and jokes, try and dismiss it as not really important, but the facts will not go away.

Seriously: How could it get worse than that?

None of what you just said sound like an insanely serious problem to me. I don't know what to tell you, but I'm not the kind of guy who feels the need to get locked and loaded hearing "press 2 for Spanish" when I call customer service or seeing more Latino faces in my neighborhood.

I think illegal immigration DOES cause issues, but your problem with it seems entirely based on the fact that "those people" are here at all...a viewpoint I don't share. "Illegal immigration is serious because it's illegal immigration!!!!" is not a good argument, IMO.

When there is no non-violent solution being proposed, and the actions of the Fed (who's main job it is, over anything else, is to secure our borders) is basically - as a &#37; of solving the problem - nonaction, exactly what other options would one propose?

"Ask nicely"? They don't care, they'll keep illegally invading.

"Use stern statements (ala UN)"? Wowzers, that'll stop the invasion.

"Vastly underman, underequip, undermeasure Border Patrol"? We're doing that now, look how awesome that's working.

"Legalize all the illegals"? Regan did that, how did it work out in keeping out anymore illegal invaders?

It's blatantly clear how the powers that be, and the Bleeding Hearts, want this to play out: Do nothing, and the problem will simply take care of itself via everyone in Mexico just coming to the US. Powers that be get to not make any hard decisions, plus, get a reacharound from Business that's exploiting these people and screwing American workers. Bleeding Hearts get to "get one over on The Man", and "Brown People Unite" (one could even throw in some cool Badger Pics, that gets some Bleeding Hearts a real hard-on), plus, these same Bleeding Hearts, who are obviously mainly Democrat, get to really pump up their voting base, thereby ensuring future elections: Really, how could they lose?

The people getting screwed here, in order of importance, are:

1.) The non-Bleeding Heart US citizen who's not illegally employing people.

2.) The illegals themselves.

3.) Mexico, in that their working population leaves, leaving them with what they have now (note: The ruling elite in Mexico actually like the situation as it is).

In closing: Militarize the border, with lethal force. After a few hundred are killed, the message will get out that Mexican's have to be like every other person in the world wanting into the US, they can get in line just like everyone else has to.

Chuck

I'll repeat what I said before. Just because it's hard to solve a problem doesn't mean the correct solution is just killing everyone doing anything you don't like. I can't think of good alternatives to people driving slow in the left lane, so can I just blow them away? Stupid people fail using the automated checkout machines at the grocery store when I'm in line behind them, can I just stab them in the neck to get out of there faster?

Now I'm OK with people using lethal force when the situation requires it and it's the last resort, but nothing you or anyone else has ever said about the illegal immigration problem has come even remotely close to convincing me that this is one of those situations. So when you off-handedly talk about killing "a few hundred" people to solve the situation, it comes off sounding like a hugely ridiculous overreaction to me.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Then we simply agree to disagree:

You want illegal immigration to continue to let hundreds of thousands, or millions, of people into the US each year: And you do want that, because anything short of militarizing the border - which means with lethal force, otherwise there's no point of militarizing it, which means the illegals who still try and cross and can't be detained will be killed, which means deaths - will simply not work.

I want our the invasion from Mexico stopped. Yesterday. And the only reasonable thing that will stop it at this point is militarizing the border. There is no other practical solution that doesn't involve us just having what in Reality will amount to an Open Border policy.

Any other appeals to emotion don't matter, them's the facts.

Chuck

P.S. Pressing #2 for Spanish isn't the point, but you already know that. The point is even having to debate whether the system should have to say that is the point, because, whoever is here should be speaking English. But again, you knew/know that...why play stupid?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Lol Phokus vs the P&N Wingnuts.

Back to the OP. Yeah is was a brainless comment not that the Rep making it was brainless, he just wasn't using it when he made that comment..much like many of the Right Wing Wankers in this thread like Whitey007 and Compt6