Invisible Attacks Causing Brain Injury Being Reported?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
That's a LOT of "maybes" and appeals to authority for shit you can't reproduce.

But OK.

Again, the ONLY reproducible effect of EMF on the human body is HEAT when the EMF is at sufficient wattage to produce it.

And you sound awfully sure of your conclusion that seems to be based on a high school level understanding of RF radiation and light in general. Microwave ovens are continuous wave 2.4GHz at around a kilowatt and communications equipment is modulated CW in the microwatt to watt range … completely incomparable to potentially megawatt level pulsed radiation. I think you should ask yourself if a study on the effects of purposely exposing a human to megawatts worth of pulsed RF would be ethical (and therefore if it would exist) and if it was done by the military if it wouldn’t be classified. But here, have a peer reviewed study on the effects of RF on brains and skip to the military section. How’s that for appeal to authority? It’s a meta study but you can read the references if you’d like.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
And you sound awfully sure of your conclusion that seems to be based on a high school level understanding of RF radiation and light in general. Microwave ovens are continuous wave 2.4GHz at around a kilowatt and communications equipment is modulated CW in the microwatt to watt range … completely incomparable to potentially megawatt level pulsed radiation. I think you should ask yourself if a study on the effects of purposely exposing a human to megawatts worth of pulsed RF would be ethical (and therefore if it would exist) and if it was done by the military if it wouldn’t be classified. But here, have a peer reviewed study on the effects of RF on brains and skip to the military section. How’s that for appeal to authority? It’s a meta study but you can read the references if you’d like.

Again, a single study means fuck all. And the study you just posted me ISN'T A STUDY. It's a fucking op-ed with an awful lot of "what ifs". Stay in your fucking lane, Mr. EE with a Masters.

You're assuming an awful lot about me while appealing to your own authority.

Man has had access to every radio frequency at huge wattages for over 75 years. In that time the ONLY weapons EVER developed and the ONLY physical damage EVER recorded using radio waves has been HEAT. That's it. No mystical shutting down of electrical impulses in the brain, and no other voodoo curse shit either.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
Again, a single study means fuck all. And the study you just posted me ISN'T A STUDY. It's a fucking op-ed with an awful lot of "what ifs". Stay in your fucking lane, Mr. EE with a Masters.

You're assuming an awful lot about me while appealing to your own authority.

Man has had access to every radio frequency at huge wattages for over 75 years. In that time the ONLY weapons EVER developed and the ONLY physical damage EVER recorded using radio waves has been HEAT. That's it. No mystical shutting down of electrical impulses in the brain, and no other voodoo curse shit either.

It sounds like you don’t know what a meta study or an op-ed is and that I’m wasting my time with you. Hint: go read references 18-23 and then rethink your last paragraph. You’re getting pretty triggered here and you clearly haven’t bothered reading what I linked or the peer reviewed references.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
It sounds like you don’t know what a meta study or an op-ed is and that I’m wasting my time with you. Hint: go read references 18-23 and then rethink your last paragraph. You’re getting pretty triggered here and you clearly haven’t bothered reading what I linked or the peer reviewed references.

Yes, and every meta study can link to bad unreproducible studies to make their point. As in this case. Go to each one of those reference and see if THOSE studies have EVER been reliably reproduced. Hint: They have not. They are part of the EMF hysteria that cherry picks nocebo patients from industries and makes claims of magical EMF harm no one can seem to reproduce.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Why does everyone forget that the US built a prototype of this exact thing before deciding it is unethical?

And yet it never passed the prototype stage. I wonder why? In point of fact, every current successful crowd deterrent radio wave system uses HEAT.

Moreover, this is NOT what they experienced when they all had their WIDE array of symptoms that more resembled mass hysteria or poisoning than anything else.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Here is what happens when people try to reproduce these studies that claim radar/microwave systems affect people's brains

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
Here is what happens when people try to reproduce these studies that claim radar/microwave systems affect people's brains

Color me unsurprised that rat heads aren’t a good proxy for humans when we’re talking about acting as an antenna for 12.5cm radio waves.

edit: my car key’s lock/unlock buttons over its 2.4GHz radio work from max 10 feet away if I’m just holding it. Hold that bad boy to my cheek and I get a solid 50 feet out of it because my head acts as a resonator / high gain antenna. Well known trick in the world of old shitbox BMWs. Wonder if it would work if I held it to a rat cheek 😂

narrator: no. It did not work.

Last edited:

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
The Frey effect/microwave auditory effect is well known, microwaves can make people hear things without causing a burning sensation despite the fact that it’s due to small amounts of localized heating and cooling. Given that, it makes pretty much no sense to be so sure that targeted microwaves can affect a human brain in other similar ways without necessarily causing a burning sensation. Perhaps these peoples’ symptoms were due to heating and cooling creating pressure waves in the inner ear or brain tissue. Not really that different from the very well established Frey effect.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
That's an oddly specific description "not a result of a sustained global campaign by a hostile power". There is a reason that people qualify their statements, and it is usually so they can convey a lie without saying something that is technically untrue. This many levels of qualification is concerning. It is almost impossible to frame that statement as untrue EVEN IF hostile powers are literally hurting our diplomats on purpose.

The second paragraph in the article says they can't rule out foreign involvement. But they can rule out this very specific line: "result of a sustained global campaign by a hostile power". Well is it in "UNsustained global campaign by a hostile power"? A "sustained NONglobal campaign by a hostile power"? None of those are ruled out by that oddly specific statement.

I would be very hesitant to accept that this debilitating thing that seems to be overwhelmingly happening to only our diplomats in foreign countries is some kind of mental stress issue largely only shared by people in a specific profession that has long been regarded as an avenue for intelligence gathering that some countries might prefer to disrupt as pretty much recorded throughout history.

Well, since the CIA can only operate overseas, it seems to me that they are talking about themselves, no? ....

Think about it: they want to test their new gizmos, but they can't operate against US citizens on US soil, and the rational thinking amongst such people might be that to avoid a serious international crisis upon discovery, it's best to test against US military and government officials...right?

What are these people going to do when they face a gag-order or, at least, they keep being referred to medical personnel employed by some of these agencies.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004