• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Invisible Attacks Causing Brain Injury Being Reported?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Prep for the Ukraine invasion. Putin wants to undermine the diplomatic response and cooperation as much as he can, the more he does, the longer it will take for a concerted, organized response after he gives the order to attack. He doesn't want to wait until Ukraine has enough modern defenses and Turkish drone experience. Moscow took notes as Syrian, Libyan and Armenian forces got droned to death. Turkish drones dgaf about Pantsir units, kill them without too much trouble apparently.

We are one fabricated incident away from another Russian invasion, and this time it won't be little green men.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
One of the more intriguing explanations I read is that it's just side effects from a "long-field" type of device that is used to extract data from phones and laptops of government agencies--something that can work within 10s of meters or something like that.

(I think it was mentioned somewhat briefly in that article--the technology is potentially there, according to a source, just not acknowledged as something that US military is capable of doing).

So, not a direct attack on people; just what happens when you blast concentrated microwave or RF beams at people and their equipment, or whatever is needed to access digital devices from long range.

• Haha
Reactions: blackangst1

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Can you expand on that a wee bit?
Nah, just a knee jerk gut feeling. I mean with everything else going on from Ukraine to novichok fun, meddling in western elections, Syria, Afghanistan… I mean if someone were to stuff a rag down his throat I wouldnt be super surprised if these energy weapon attacks just stopped.
When has the world at large have had enough with this man? Only one way to stop a bully.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
He handles his own security, like Castro, and periodically gets rid of both critics and allies he is wary of. 7 attempts on his life have been made, maybe more. I get the feeling we're waiting until shortstuff kicks the bucket on his own, which will take longer than usual as he exercises and doesn't drink.

Creating a Slavs killing Slavs situation over trying to revisit the Soviet Union's downfall has invigorated domestic opposition as much as it is unifying Europe against Moscow. Look how serious Scandinavia and the Baltics are getting now, Poland too. Putin was doing a pretty good job of playing a bad hand, but this latest effort of telling NATO to commit suicide or else war is a serious overstep and ultimately it's going to cost him and Russia a lot. We need to turn Ukraine into a quagmire for them, make them weep for every inch, both militarily and economically. An example has to be shown to Beijing, and it can't involve any pussyfootin around.

Ukraine has changed a lot since 2014, and the seething hatred they have for Putin now makes me recall a line from the remake of The Italian Job. Don't fuck with 'mother nature, mother in laws, or mother fucking Ukrainians.'

Reactions: cytg111

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
One of the more intriguing explanations I read is that it's just side effects from a "long-field" type of device that is used to extract data from phones and laptops of government agencies--something that can work within 10s of meters or something like that.

(I think it was mentioned somewhat briefly in that article--the technology is potentially there, according to a source, just not acknowledged as something that US military is capable of doing).

So, not a direct attack on people; just what happens when you blast concentrated microwave or RF beams at people and their equipment, or whatever is needed to access digital devices from long range.
I can't find a good link, but there's a Discovery show called Strange Things. On one of the shows they had a listening device made by Russa that had no active electronic components. They have marvelous RF engineers.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I can't find a good link, but there's a Discovery show called Strange Things. On one of the shows they had a listening device made by Russa that had no active electronic components. They have marvelous RF engineers.
You're talking about the Seal Bug right? Yeah they called it The Thing, which I think is one hell of a compliment really. Powered remotely by electromagnetic energy. And this was in the 40s!

Reactions: hal2kilo

ASK THE COMMUNITY