Invisible Attacks Causing Brain Injury Being Reported?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Prep for the Ukraine invasion. Putin wants to undermine the diplomatic response and cooperation as much as he can, the more he does, the longer it will take for a concerted, organized response after he gives the order to attack. He doesn't want to wait until Ukraine has enough modern defenses and Turkish drone experience. Moscow took notes as Syrian, Libyan and Armenian forces got droned to death. Turkish drones dgaf about Pantsir units, kill them without too much trouble apparently.

We are one fabricated incident away from another Russian invasion, and this time it won't be little green men.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
One of the more intriguing explanations I read is that it's just side effects from a "long-field" type of device that is used to extract data from phones and laptops of government agencies--something that can work within 10s of meters or something like that.

(I think it was mentioned somewhat briefly in that article--the technology is potentially there, according to a source, just not acknowledged as something that US military is capable of doing).

So, not a direct attack on people; just what happens when you blast concentrated microwave or RF beams at people and their equipment, or whatever is needed to access digital devices from long range.

• Haha
Reactions: blackangst1

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Can you expand on that a wee bit?
Nah, just a knee jerk gut feeling. I mean with everything else going on from Ukraine to novichok fun, meddling in western elections, Syria, Afghanistan… I mean if someone were to stuff a rag down his throat I wouldnt be super surprised if these energy weapon attacks just stopped.
When has the world at large have had enough with this man? Only one way to stop a bully.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
He handles his own security, like Castro, and periodically gets rid of both critics and allies he is wary of. 7 attempts on his life have been made, maybe more. I get the feeling we're waiting until shortstuff kicks the bucket on his own, which will take longer than usual as he exercises and doesn't drink.

Creating a Slavs killing Slavs situation over trying to revisit the Soviet Union's downfall has invigorated domestic opposition as much as it is unifying Europe against Moscow. Look how serious Scandinavia and the Baltics are getting now, Poland too. Putin was doing a pretty good job of playing a bad hand, but this latest effort of telling NATO to commit suicide or else war is a serious overstep and ultimately it's going to cost him and Russia a lot. We need to turn Ukraine into a quagmire for them, make them weep for every inch, both militarily and economically. An example has to be shown to Beijing, and it can't involve any pussyfootin around.

Ukraine has changed a lot since 2014, and the seething hatred they have for Putin now makes me recall a line from the remake of The Italian Job. Don't fuck with 'mother nature, mother in laws, or mother fucking Ukrainians.'

Reactions: cytg111

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
One of the more intriguing explanations I read is that it's just side effects from a "long-field" type of device that is used to extract data from phones and laptops of government agencies--something that can work within 10s of meters or something like that.

(I think it was mentioned somewhat briefly in that article--the technology is potentially there, according to a source, just not acknowledged as something that US military is capable of doing).

So, not a direct attack on people; just what happens when you blast concentrated microwave or RF beams at people and their equipment, or whatever is needed to access digital devices from long range.
I can't find a good link, but there's a Discovery show called Strange Things. On one of the shows they had a listening device made by Russa that had no active electronic components. They have marvelous RF engineers.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I can't find a good link, but there's a Discovery show called Strange Things. On one of the shows they had a listening device made by Russa that had no active electronic components. They have marvelous RF engineers.

You're talking about the Seal Bug right? Yeah they called it The Thing, which I think is one hell of a compliment really. Powered remotely by electromagnetic energy. And this was in the 40s!

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
How about that stock market?!

Woah Nelly!

Energy speculation, what can you do? But it's not just Russian threats of (re)invasion and shutting off gas exports that is getting people worried. A storage facility in Abu Dhabi just got hit by a Houthi drone. Their airport too actually. UAE ain't too happy about Iranian proxies stepping it up.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Energy speculation, what can you do? But it's not just Russian threats of (re)invasion and shutting off gas exports that is getting people worried. A storage facility in Abu Dhabi just got hit by a Houthi drone. Their airport too actually. UAE ain't too happy about Iranian proxies stepping it up.
Hmm I seem to remember, the last time around, the gas thing corrects somewhat quickly now due to the Frackers are in profit making territory again. Not a fan, though.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Hmm I seem to remember, the last time around, the gas thing corrects somewhat quickly now due to the Frackers are in profit making territory again. Not a fan, though.

Nor I, but I think it's the only practical and time effective way to help Europe get out of Putin's grip. Getting it there is the problem. Thankfully, like I said earlier, Putin's behavior has done a great job lately of rattling some cages. Germans, Danes, Swedes, Finns, Poles, Ukrainians - everyone's tired of Putin's shit. Sweden is turning into a fortress, Finland wants into NATO. Just heard Germany is moving ahead with a big LNG transfer terminal at the mouth of the Elbe. They need NordStream2 alternatives, stat. Putin already had Gazprom turn off the Yamal line for February.

Less interested in the stock market than I am Russia trying to resurrect Cold War grievances and Putin acting like Hitler in '38. Ukraine can be the thing that ends Putin, if we support them.

Last edited:

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

so much for the big bad communist plot

Yep, it's looking like the vast majority were psychosomatic. It amazes me how people attribute magical properties to non-ionizing electromagnetic radiation. If it's not burning or heating you, it's not affecting you. It couldn't possibly cause any of the things they claim without significantly raising their core temp.
Maybe some were poisonings? But it is a physical impossibility for EMF to cause ANY of the symptoms they claimed without first cooking them.

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005

so much for the big bad communist plot

That's an oddly specific description "not a result of a sustained global campaign by a hostile power". There is a reason that people qualify their statements, and it is usually so they can convey a lie without saying something that is technically untrue. This many levels of qualification is concerning. It is almost impossible to frame that statement as untrue EVEN IF hostile powers are literally hurting our diplomats on purpose.

The second paragraph in the article says they can't rule out foreign involvement. But they can rule out this very specific line: "result of a sustained global campaign by a hostile power". Well is it in "UNsustained global campaign by a hostile power"? A "sustained NONglobal campaign by a hostile power"? None of those are ruled out by that oddly specific statement.

I would be very hesitant to accept that this debilitating thing that seems to be overwhelmingly happening to only our diplomats in foreign countries is some kind of mental stress issue largely only shared by people in a specific profession that has long been regarded as an avenue for intelligence gathering that some countries might prefer to disrupt as pretty much recorded throughout history.

Reactions: JimKiler

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
That's an oddly specific description "not a result of a sustained global campaign by a hostile power". There is a reason that people qualify their statements, and it is usually so they can convey a lie without saying something that is technically untrue. This many levels of qualification is concerning. It is almost impossible to frame that statement as untrue EVEN IF hostile powers are literally hurting our diplomats on purpose.

The second paragraph in the article says they can't rule out foreign involvement. But they can rule out this very specific line: "result of a sustained global campaign by a hostile power". Well is it in "UNsustained global campaign by a hostile power"? A "sustained NONglobal campaign by a hostile power"? None of those are ruled out by that oddly specific statement.

I would be very hesitant to accept that this debilitating thing that seems to be overwhelmingly happening to only our diplomats in foreign countries is some kind of mental stress issue largely only shared by people in a specific profession that has long been regarded as an avenue for intelligence gathering that some countries might prefer to disrupt as pretty much recorded throughout history.

Hah, I took that to mean it was some spy tech provided by a friendly US contractor that’s causing the issue and now the findings will be classified.

Reactions: zinfamous

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002

That article did not really clear anything up other to say that the do not think it is hostile foreign entity and a lot of cases where not real. But we know people have injuries from something. Maybe it is coincidence or maybe there is something out there affecting a small number of people. But if an enemy had a weapon would they really use it on a low level targets like embassy workers in Havana?

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
A common symptom of "invisible attacks on the brain" is the wearing of a red ball cap.

• Haha
Reactions: zinfamous

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
Yep, it's looking like the vast majority were psychosomatic. It amazes me how people attribute magical properties to non-ionizing electromagnetic radiation. If it's not burning or heating you, it's not affecting you. It couldn't possibly cause any of the things they claim without significantly raising their core temp.
Maybe some were poisonings? But it is a physical impossibility for EMF to cause ANY of the symptoms they claimed without first cooking them.

Have you ever stood in front of a high powered pulsed radar to find out? The national Academy of Sciences, engineering and medicine doesn’t seem to think it’s “magical thinking” that pulsed RF can affect the inner ear, eyes and brain activity before cooking any of the above and neither does the office of the DNI.

The human body literally is a giant complex electrical machine so I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss the ability of RF radiation with some carefully chosen set of characteristics to disrupt that biological communication.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Have you ever stood in front of a high powered pulsed radar to find out? The national Academy of Sciences, engineering and medicine doesn’t seem to think it’s “magical thinking” that pulsed RF can affect the inner ear, eyes and brain activity before cooking any of the above and neither does the office of the DNI.

The human body literally is a giant complex electrical machine so I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss the ability of RF radiation with some carefully chosen set of characteristics to disrupt that biological communication.

Electromagnetic radiation bombards you all day every day. From the LOWEST frequency rage that is radio waves, to the higher frequencies of infra red to even higher frequencies of visible light.

ALL of them have only ONE effect on the human body when powered strongly enough: HEAT. Precisely how they heat you is the only thing that changes with frequency. Visible light has no other magical properties to hurt you unless turned into a laser and... HEAT. Same with infra red. Hint: EVERY SINGLE "weapon" created using radio waves causes discomfort from HEAT.

Yet all of a sudden, the lowest frequency WEAKEST form of electrometric radiation has all these magical properties NO ONE can seem to actually reproduce on demand.

And yes, I've seen the "studies" claiming "changes" in the human body when subjected to RF. First, individual studies mean shit. No one seems to reproduce these studies. Second, it also seems a LOT of these changes are related to HEAT in the more valid studies.

We BASK in the heat of electromagnetic radiation DIRECTLY all winter long. EMF of such high frequency and wattage that we can FEEL it. And yet none of these magical things happen to our bodies.

This is the new voodoo curse. And the internet is filled with "cures" and protective amulets for it. It drives the 5G/anti-wifi hysteria.

I call bullshit.

88097560_10220669909073233_172949184729579520_o (1).jpg

Last edited:

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
Electromagnetic radiation bombards you all day every day. From the LOWEST frequency rage that is radio waves, to the higher frequencies of infra red to even higher frequencies of visible light.

ALL of them have only ONE effect on the human body when powered strongly enough: HEAT. Precisely how they heat you is the only thing that changes with frequency. Visible light has no other magical properties to hurt you unless turned into a laser and... HEAT. Same with infra red. Hint: EVERY SINGLE "weapon" created using radio waves causes discomfort from HEAT.

Yet all of a sudden, the lowest frequency WEAKEST form of electrometric radiation has all these magical properties NO ONE can seem to actually reproduce on demand.

And yes, I've seen the "studies" claiming "changes" in the human body when subjected to RF. First, individual studies mean shit. No one seems to reproduce these studies. Second, it also seems a LOT of these changes are related to HEAT in the more valid studies.

We BASK in the heat of electromagnetic radiation DIRECTLY all winter long. EMF of such high frequency and wattage that we can FEEL it. And yet none of these magical things happen to our bodies.

This is the new voodoo curse. And the internet is filled with "cures" and protective amulets for it. It drives the 5G/anti-wifi hysteria.

I call bullshit.

View attachment 56902

I am well aware dude, I’m a EE with a masters degree so spare me the condescension and high school physics. I also designed military radars for a decade. I can imagine a situation where a quick ultra high powered RF pulse is capable of disrupting electrical signals from e.g. the inner ear without significantly heating up the water molecules in a human body. However I am not a biologist, so I’d need to be a part of a multidisciplinary panel to know for sure … sort of like the multidisciplinary panel at the office of the DNI that came to the conclusion that this is possible.

You’re stuck in the basic understanding of RF == heat because you have a microwave oven and don’t like 5G hysteria. I am coming from the land of hundred kilowatt pulses for a millisecond. A few pulses of that nature aren’t going to heat anything, but they are sure as shit going to destroy the integrity of weak electrical signals .. maybe even biological ones.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
I am well aware dude, I’m a EE with a masters degree so spare me the condescension and high school physics. I also designed military radars for a decade. I can imagine a situation where a quick ultra high powered RF pulse is capable of disrupting electrical signals from e.g. the inner ear without significantly heating up the water molecules in a human body. However I am not a biologist, so I’d need to be a part of a multidisciplinary panel to know for sure … sort of like the multidisciplinary panel at the office of the DNI that came to the conclusion that this is possible.

You’re stuck in the basic understanding of RF == heat because you have a microwave oven and don’t like 5G hysteria. I am coming from the land of hundred kilowatt pulses for a millisecond. A few pulses of that nature aren’t going to heat anything, but they are sure as shit going to destroy the integrity of weak electrical signals .. maybe even biological ones.

That's a LOT of "maybes" and appeals to authority for shit you can't reproduce.

But OK.

Again, the ONLY reproducible effect of EMF on the human body is HEAT when the EMF is at sufficient wattage to produce it.