Invisible Attacks Causing Brain Injury Being Reported?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Cuban officials tried to blame it on the crickets there when it first started being documented, that made me laugh.

I don't know if it's possible to detect the source of a DE weapon if it's on a mobile platform and not a fixed installation. They need to figure something out though, I have a feeling it'll only increase in frequency.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Our military R&D budget needs to seriously focus on means of detecting the use of such weapons in urban environments.

The American people cannot go undefended.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012

Something happened but it is still unknown what exactly is "The Thing" that can do such a thing.

People are getting the equivalent of concussion damage but the how is the mystery. The "natural" explanation sound quite ridiculous and more reflective of the culture than any real will to investigate.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
What does Putin have to do with this? And why would I talk to him?

I am sure he would like your perspective, hell on anything really, I mean when is a field of knowledge not improved by your unique assessment on all things present past and future?
Anyway.

Reactions: Meghan54

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
If it's focused energy that's being used in these attacks it seems to me it would be detectable with what our spooks already have on their shelves. The problem then is not so much what we need to detect the source of energy, more so it would be a situation where the detection device needs to be in the right location at the right time to determine who is using it and how to safely apprehend the operator and/or the device without causing collateral damage as I assume the device can be remotely controlled.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
So..... THIS is how Fox News operates?
Sure explains a lot (about their viewers).
Hannity just zapped you. YOU MUST OBEY. o_O

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
If it's focused energy that's being used in these attacks it seems to me it would be detectable with what our spooks already have on their shelves. The problem then is not so much what we need to detect the source of energy, more so it would be a situation where the detection device needs to be in the right location at the right time to determine who is using it and how to safely apprehend the operator and/or the device without causing collateral damage as I assume the device can be remotely controlled.
Hmm I read something a few years ago about a method of focusing electromagnetic waves in the spectrum of microwave in effect getting a “microwave laser”. Could be something along those lines, and wouldnt necessarily be detectable unless you are directly between a and b.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

"In 2012, a research team from the National Physical Laboratory and Imperial College London developed a solid-state maser that operated at room temperature by using optically pumped, pentacene-doped p-Terphenyl as the amplifier medium.[8][9][10] It produced pulses of maser emission lasting for a few hundred microseconds.

In 2018, a research team from Imperial College London and University College London demonstrated continuous-wave maser oscillation using synthetic diamonds containing nitrogen-vacancy defects.[11][12]
"

Yea, this is not scifi...

Reactions: Meghan54 and Pohemi

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Have they figured out whether these are actual targeted attacks, or whether these are just side-effects of some new-fangled spy equipment?

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Have they figured out whether these are actual targeted attacks, or whether these are just side-effects of some new-fangled spy equipment?
If the state dept or any of the 3-letter agencies have the foggiest...they sure aren't letting on.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
All diplomats should be required to wear tin foil hats when working abroad. The tin foil hats repel microwaves. They can be used later to reheat food.

Reactions: hal2kilo

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
It's easy to forget that there is a human being behind your account sometimes. We're all guilty of it, even me. The important thing to remember is that the human behind your account is a fucking traitor.

Ok.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Upgraded to a capital "O"
9ac1a4e245b99abfafebe4c7375a77f1.jpeg

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
Hmm I read something a few years ago about a method of focusing electromagnetic waves in the spectrum of microwave in effect getting a “microwave laser”. Could be something along those lines, and wouldnt necessarily be detectable unless you are directly between a and b.

I think that is the problem, if it is a weapon it seems to be very focused and therefore hard to detect with so many diplomats and possible spots to trigger it from.

Sadly some victims of this still have cognitive issues which have yet to go away if they will ever go away.

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
So either the Russians have a borderline SciFi weapon that they have been deployed around the world to undetectably target Americans, or this is stress and hysteria.