Indictments coming...

Page 163 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Looks like the sentencing statement for Manafort will shortly be released after the redaction was approved by the judge. Coming shorty.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Looks like the sentencing statement for Manafort will shortly be released after the redaction was approved by the judge. Coming shorty.

The prosecution recommended 17-1/2 to 22 years, which means he better have Ginsberg's genes if he hopes to see freedom before he dies.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
"Mr. Cohen, who worked at the Trump Organization for a decade, spoke with the prosecutors about insurance claims the company had filed over the years, said the people, who did not elaborate on the nature of the possible irregularities."

while Russian collusion is the far greater offense, i still think that Michael Cohen will be the end of Trump.

Trump voters never cared about that. They knew he was crooked & kinda admired him for all the shit he's pulled. And he wowwed 'em, swept 'em right off their feet with his inimitable style & no substance at all. He let them provide that with their own imaginations, and still does.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Trump voters never cared about that. They knew he was crooked & kinda admired him for all the shit he's pulled. And he wowwed 'em, swept 'em right off their feet with his inimitable style & no substance at all. He let them provide that with their own imaginations, and still does.

by the end of Trump, i am not speaking of the devotion of his sycophants, i am speaking of the US legal system.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The prosecution recommended 17-1/2 to 22 years, which means he better have Ginsberg's genes if he hopes to see freedom before he dies.

Given 17.5 years, he might get out in 14 or so counting time served & max good time, when he'd be 84 or so. Or out in November of 2020.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
You mean business practices like this?
Insurance fraud

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
by the end of Trump, i am not speaking of the devotion of his sycophants, i am speaking of the US legal system.

Yes, of course. Somehow, I keep coming back around to Trump's uncanny way of messing with people's minds. I figure it's because their heads have already been massively tweaked by decades of right wing agitprop & disinformation.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Holy shit, so Flynn is maybe The USA's own AQ Khan?

I guess the difference is that Khan is a smart dude that actually knew the tech, while Flynn is merely a fucking moron that just sold top secret nuclear tech to one of the most evil countries in the world.

Keep this in perspective with Muellers team recommending no additional jail time for Flynn due to his extraordinary help with their case(s)...
Flynn has had an AWFUL lot of awful to spill to get that kind of recommendation from the special counsel.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Yes, of course. Somehow, I keep coming back around to Trump's uncanny way of messing with people's minds. I figure it's because their heads have already been massively tweaked by decades of right wing agitprop & disinformation.
Fox needs to stop.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Wednesday's gonna be fun...

After consulting with the Department of Justice and with Rep. Adam Schiff, the Chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, Chairman Cummings has set the scope for the Oversight Committee’s hearing with Mr. Cohen to address the following issues:

• the President’s debts and payments relating to efforts to influence the 2016 election;
• the President’s compliance with financial disclosure requirements;
• the President’s compliance with campaign finance laws; • the President’s compliance with tax laws;
• the President’s potential and actual conflicts of interest;
• the President’s business practices;
• the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C.;
• the accuracy of the President’s public statements;
• potentially fraudulent or inappropriate practices by the Trump Foundation; and
• public efforts by the President and his attorney to intimidate Mr. Cohen or others not to testify. Mr. Cohen has agreed to testify voluntarily and in public before the Oversight Committee. He will not be under subpoena.

https://oversight.house.gov/sites/democrats.oversight.house.gov/files/documents/2019-02-20 Oversight Committee Hearing Memo re. Michael Cohen.pdf

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Fox needs to stop.

They won't, & neither will Breitbart, Infowars or any of the rest of them. They just need to be beaten & disgraced along with their Hero.

Buckle up, buckaroos, because we're in for a rough re-entry to reality.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Keep this in perspective with Muellers team recommending no additional jail time for Flynn due to his extraordinary help with their case(s)...
Flynn has had an AWFUL lot of awful to spill to get that kind of recommendation from the special counsel.
Why do you think "extraordinary help" means evidence of criminal activity?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Listening to Trump and his fluffers panic over Andrew McCabe is chicken soup for the patriotic soul. The corresponding uptick in desperation, while understandable, is less amusing in it's effect on the fundie nuts though. After a Trump loving Brevik wannabe gets busted in MD, we have Fox Noise dingleberries giving civil war militia type nuts prime time exposure. It's unreal how demented republicans have become in their quest for power and culture war victory.

My hope is cooler heads prevail, that people like Mueller and Schiff are allowed to do their jobs, and that people like Barr do the right thing. Talk radio and Fox pundits should take a good look in the mirror, maybe take a hiatus from certain topics. Stoking the fears of low information, shameless partisans is why right wing terrorism has been surging.

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Just in case there was any doubt.

Schiff: Dems willing to have Mueller testify, subpoena report if it's not made public

"We will obviously subpoena the report. We will bring Bob Mueller in to testify before Congress. We will take it to court if necessary," Schiff told ABC's George Stephanopoulos. "And in the end, I think the department understands they're going to have to make this public." When asked whether he would take the administration to court, Schiff replied, "absolutely."
"We are going to get to the bottom of this, we are going to share this information with the public, and if the President is serious about all of his claims of exoneration, then he should welcome the publication of this report," he added.

Have Mueller testify anyway. Could do a lot to ease the TDS people back into reality, one where their orange child emperor could be going to prison.

Feb 4, 2009
Yeah, I’m not so concerned about it being officially public because some Senator or Representative will leak a redacted report.
Basically “Hey Journalist Bob, I have three usb sticks sitting right here on my desk that contain a copy of the report”......”I’m going to grab a cup of coffee, I’ll be back in 10 minutes” wink, wink, nudge, nudge...

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
This is just WONDERFUL.....
Just imagine if the common man (and woman) had such power.
Such power to be investigated for wrong doing THEN power to block what that investigation uncovered.
Such power to vote yourselves a pay raise, as the congress has.
Such power to make tax law intended only to skew the tax law so to benefit your personal tax needs. I.e. tax breaks for owning two or more homes.
Such power to grant yourself universal health care, fully paid, while denying the general population similar health care benefits.

Imagine having such powers to go through the process, freely spending all the money necessary, then to squelch the outcome from ever seeing the light of day.
Imagine citizen John Doe having such power.
It's good to be THE KINGS.....

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Listening to Trump and his fluffers panic over Andrew McCabe is chicken soup for the patriotic soul. The corresponding uptick in desperation, while understandable, is less amusing in it's effect on the fundie nuts though. After a Trump loving Brevik wannabe gets busted in MD, we have Fox Noise dingleberries giving civil war militia type nuts prime time exposure. It's unreal how demented republicans have become in their quest for power and culture war victory.

My hope is cooler heads prevail, that people like Mueller and Schiff are allowed to do their jobs, and that people like Barr do the right thing. Talk radio and Fox pundits should take a good look in the mirror, maybe take a hiatus from certain topics. Stoking the fears of low information, shameless partisans is why right wing terrorism has been surging.

Fox? They think they'll always be able to control it, that they'll be able to hold the carnage down to a level the public will tolerate. We'll see if they're right, or not.

In the meanwhile their target audience is buying more guns & stocking up on ammo, because Libruhls, gun grabbers, Mexican rapists & the evil Antifas. Be afraid!

Reactions: DarthKyrie

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Fox? They think they'll always be able to control it, that they'll be able to hold the carnage down to a level the public will tolerate. We'll see if they're right, or not.

In the meanwhile their target audience is buying more guns & stocking up on ammo, because Libruhls, gun grabbers, Mexican rapists & the evil Antifas. Be afraid!

Short of a Hannity, a Doocey or some other tool getting stomped by enraged Trumpanzees, perhaps shot up by someone trying to Make Brevik Great Again, yeah it probably won't happen. As we've seen many times already, banana republicans don't really give a shit about anything bad until it affects them personally. Seems they've already plum forgot their contrite realizations after Scalise was shot at baseball practice, and that was only what, a year ago?

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Short of a Hannity, a Doocey or some other tool getting stomped by enraged Trumpanzees, perhaps shot up by someone trying to Make Brevik Great Again, yeah it probably won't happen. As we've seen many times already, banana republicans don't really give a shit about anything bad until it affects them personally. Seems they've already plum forgot their contrite realizations after Scalise was shot at baseball practice, and that was only what, a year ago?
But they will bring him up to make sure they get their #BothSides points whenever the next threat or attack is made against a journo or Dem.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Why do you think "extraordinary help" means evidence of criminal activity?

because that's how this always works. Knowing the scope of charges and the evidence against Flynn and his son--what else could he possibly be trading for such leniency?

It explains itself, really.

Jan 25, 2011
Manafort sentencing underway as I type. Prosecution wanted 19-25. I’m betting it’s closer to 10to 12 years. Judge Ellis already said he gets no credit for accepting his crimes.

While pleading for mercy he did not apologize for his crimes or show remorse.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
Manafort sentencing underway as I type. Prosecution wanted 19-25. I’m betting it’s closer to 10to 12 years. Judge Ellis already said he gets no credit for accepting his crimes.

While pleading for mercy he did not apologize for his crimes or show remorse.

47 months

What a joke!

Ellis is on Team Trump.