India

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
P word? Should I feel good about myself that I don’t know what the P word is?

The reason people hate their own kind is because they’ve gained money or power and hated who they were before they gained money and power. It’s along the same lines of reasoning some people get when they grow up and move out of their city/town/neighborhood and they say they’ll never go back. But instead of just limiting their hate to where they grew up, they expand it to include the type of people they grew up with. They despise what they once were.

I’m sure moonie can expand on it.

Reactions: Lezunto

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Filth....and they love bathing in it.....

And this is a first-world nation? LOL!!!!

Oh well....maybe one day they'll begin to use the indoor toilets instead of trees, walls, or wherever they find themselves.

Not sure if the above qualifies as racism or just standard-issue American arrogance. Either way it's not helping. India is a developing country, it has its problems. It would be a lot wealthier than it is if Britain hadn't done everything it could to appropriate its resources and destroy it as a potential competitor.

The US has problems that are far greater than it ought to have given its wealth. You would do better to focus your attention on that.

Reactions: amenx

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
P word? Should I feel good about myself that I don’t know what the P word is?

The reason people hate their own kind is because they’ve gained money or power and hated who they were before they gained money and power. It’s along the same lines of reasoning some people get when they grow up and move out of their city/town/neighborhood and they say they’ll never go back. But instead of just limiting their hate to where they grew up, they expand it to include the type of people they grew up with. They despise what they once were.

I’m sure moonie can expand on it.

I agree that is true in general - it's why among the early Bolsheviks the ones who really hated the peasantry were the ones who had escaped that class and migrated to the cities and become industrial workers or engineers.

But I don't think it's relevant to why there are so increasing numbers of right-wingers among the Desi diaspora now. It's not about hating what they once were, so much as simply putting their class interest ahead of everything else. That's what the likes of Rishi "Rich" Sunak do, for example. Some Hindu Indian origin migrants have gotten wealthy, and hence have adopted the politics of the wealthy, I don't see its any more complicated than that.

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005

What says you @Braznor

So the demolition drive was targeted at Muslims? Boy, I got news for you. Demolition drives in India are aplenty and common. The authorities in India target all kinds of areas for demolition because of illegal encroachments. They spare nothing, not even religious places and that includes centuries old temples too, just in case you were wondering.
Here are some of the instances: -
TAMIL NADU: July 20, 2021

The Tamil Nadu government had demolished a 125-year-old templeon the banks of Muthanankulam, a pond, due to encroachment. The temple was demolished for the Smart City project which was underway in the state.

DELHI: Jan 3, 2021

On January 3, a decades-old Hanuman Temple in Delhi’s Chandni Chowk was demolished as part of Delhi govt's Chandni Chowk Redevelopment Plan.

COIMBATORE: Nov 28, 2020

The city corporation demolished three temples on the bund of Selva Chinthamani lake, clearing the path to carry out the lake rejuvenation and beautification project.

DELHI: August 10, 2019

Ravidas temple in a protected forest in Delhi was demolished by the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) following an April 8, 2019 Supreme Court order.

INDORE: March 18, 2019

Indore Municipal Corporation (IMC) removed 50 establishments, including temples, houses and shops to pave way for beautification and development of Bijasan Mata Mandir at hillock.

VARANASI: August 2018

In Varanasi, locals claimed that several temples that stood in the area have been demolished. They accused the administration of having destroyed and thrown away several idols and Shiva lingas. The demolition was being carried out as part of the Kashi Vishwanath corridor project.

GANDHINAGAR: Oct 13, 2008

In Gujarat's Gandhinagar, 80 temples were razed or their boundaries demolished after authorities began an anti-encroachment drive.

JAIPUR: July 8, 2015

More than 73 temples were demolished in Jaipur
due to the development projects such as the Ring Road, Jaipur Metro, road widening and beautification of the city.

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...of-anti-encroachment-drive-1940775-2022-04-22
And there are just in the past few years.

Should I use these instances to claim Hinduism and Hindus are in danger in India? Thats what your article does. Your article is just another in a long stream of diatribe crying wolf aka genocide if anything involves Muslims in India.

India has 200 million Muslims, a very small number of them are troublemakers just as a very small numbers of Hindus are troublemakers (Hindus constitute more than a billion in India)

Trying to spin anything and everything for crying wolf about genocide of Muslims in India just reeks of desperation on part of leftist ecosystem throughout the world. These articles are also attempts to provoke mischief in India. We have seen these kind articles for over a decade now and this is nothing new

As far as your attempt to claim the views of one columnist as news, I say good job! Keep it up!

As far as your attempt to frame all BJP supporters (measuring in tens perhaps even hundreds of millions in India) as extremists using the video of one guy, Great job! I say you keep it going! We expect nothing better from the likes of the left and the liberals.

Last edited:

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
But the important bit is the combination of NRC and CAA that clearly shows anti Muslim intentions.

Hindu Nationalist is just a few guys? Really? RSS numbers 5-6M in 2014 and Modi is one of them.

And a RSS man did assassinate a nobody named Mahutma Ghandi, who wanted to keep Indian government secular.

Last edited:

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Filth....and they love bathing in it.....

And this is a first-world nation? LOL!!!!

Oh well....maybe one day they'll begin to use the indoor toilets instead of trees, walls, or wherever they find themselves.

I look at that as a positive. They probably have the strongest immune systems in the world.

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005

What says you @Braznor
But the important bit is the combination of NRC and CAA that clearly shows anti Muslim intentions.

Hindu Nationalist is just a few guys? Really? RSS numbers 5-6M in 2014 and Modi is one of them.

And a RSS man did assassinate a nobody named Mahutma Ghandi, who wanted to keep Indian government secular.

Huh? CAA provides illegal migrants to persecuted minorities from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan. Have you ever wondered about the plight of religious minorities in Pakistan?
They undergo persecution, yes REAL persecution to eke a miserable existence in that country, it doesn't matter whether they are Hindus or Christians (Who we are 'persecuting') or Sikhs (Who we are also 'persecuting') etc. Not the dummy persecution your ecosystem loves to scream about day in and out supposed to be happening in India to Muslims.

You provided that article from that 'Human Rights' site. Do you want to see what does that site talk about all that religious persecution in Pakistan?

DummyHumanRightsSite.jpg

https://www.hrw.org/news?country[]=9564

Nothing! Not a word on the religious discrimination against the minorities of Pakistan. This site is a hypocrite and its called a DUMMY. Ha, thats what we in India call such sites. Dummies driven with an agenda against India. They swarm all over, the media, the advocacy organisations, the academics etc. In short the ecosystem.

The CAA restricts itself to refugees from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan and that too, only those who arrived in India before 2014. It affects the legal Muslims of India in no way in their own daily life. If the BJP were such Hindu supremacists and evil, it wouldn't have provided refuge to Christians and Sikhs (who, by the way we are also persecuting according to such dummy sites.)

So whats the solution? Okay, lets allow the Muslims from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan to be given citizenship under india. That would set about a refugee crisis that would destroy all the nations in the region. In one stroke it would cause the economic collapse of India and all of Indians would become refugees in our own country.

We already went through this horror of the partition once, we shall never visit it again. Call us racists, supremacists or whatever you fancy. But no government or people will sign their own death warrant.

As for the rest of your post, its all bunkum. You can't even spell Mahatma Gandhi right!

Last edited:

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
That said, the CAA could use some improvements. Inclusion of Ahmediyyas (Pakistan doesn't recognize Ahmediyyas as Muslims) and the Rohingya (who are truly persecuted Muslims) would be my own hope.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Huh? CAA provides illegal migrants to persecuted minorities from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan. Have you ever wondered about the plight of religious minorities in Pakistan?
They undergo persecution, yes REAL persecution to eke a miserable existence in that country, it doesn't matter whether they are Hindus or Christians (Who we are 'persecuting') or Sikhs (Who we are also 'persecuting') etc. Not the dummy persecution your ecosystem loves to scream about day in and out supposed to be happening in India to Muslims.

You provided that article from that 'Human Rights' site. Do you want to see what does that site talk about all that religious persecution in Pakistan?

View attachment 61422

https://www.hrw.org/news?country[]=9564

Nothing! Not a word on the religious discrimination against the minorities of Pakistan. This site is a hypocrite and its called a DUMMY. Ha, thats what we in India call such sites. Dummies driven with an agenda against India. They swarm all over, the media, the advocacy organisations, the academics etc. In short the ecosystem.

The CAA restricts itself to refugees from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan and that too, only those who arrived in India before 2014. It affects the legal Muslims of India in no way in their own daily life. If the BJP were such Hindu supremacists and evil, it wouldn't have provided refuge to Christians and Sikhs (who, by the way we are also persecuting according to such dummy sites.)

So whats the solution? Okay, lets allow the Muslims from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan to be given citizenship under india. That would set about a refugee crisis that would destroy all the nations in the region. In one stroke it would cause the economic collapse of India and all of Indians would become refugees in our own country.

We already went through this horror of the partition once, we shall never visit it again. Call us racists, supremacists or whatever you fancy. But no government or people will sign their own death warrant.

As for the rest of your post, its all bunkum. You can't even spell Mahatma Gandhi right!

I guess Librarian at Columbia is also dummy.

I have seen reports of people with full paper trail being left out of the NRC. And they are not included in the CAA. Effectively they are being stripped of their Indian citizenship. Now obviously I don't live in India and do not know what is happening on the ground, but from the face of it the combination of the two policies is discriminatory.

I guess I am no expert at spelling.

What do you consider a good international human rights watch group?

Last edited:

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
I guess Librarian at Columbia is also dummy.

I have seen reports of people with full paper trail being left out of the NRC. And they are not included in the CAA. Effectively they are being stripped of their Indian citizenship. Now obviously I don't live in India and do not know what is happening on the ground, but from the face of it the combination of the two policies is discriminatory.

I guess I am no expert at spelling.

What do you consider a good international human rights watch group?
The Assam NRC arose out of the set of agreements made by the government of India and the Assam Movement which engaged in a civil insurgency in the state.

In light of this mess, perhaps it would have been better for India not to have offered refuge to all those persecuted asylum seekers under CAA. The whole thing was a trap from the start. The only way to win this war of perceptions is to not have played that game in the very first place.

It's what they say, no good deed goes unpunished.