Incomprehensible mass shooting happens again

Page 86 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
If you can find an example of a black person killing black people just due to the hate of the black race please let us know.

And the weird thing is your response about oh good thing this can't be charged as a hate crime, which we definitely don't know yet, It's just a really strange thing to post.

Kind of disturbing. It's like oh good those gays can't get a hate crime charge out of this. So fucking weird

That was my point.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
The fact is that the true use of your analogy is that it is as if a white guy shot up some black people and then claimed to be black just to escape the hate crime charges. And of course you would go along with that false narrative..
Hell no.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Congress would protect themselves with enacting strict laws while the rest of the country continue to face gun violence on a daily basis.
And then you have that other factor.... people are just plain nutz. No one, NO ONE should be allowed to own or carry a gun. NO one is stable enough to own any gun, not in America.
Of course there are laws keeping gun toters out of the halls of congress. MTG, I hear, walked right by the checkpoint, couldn't be bothered to comply with the rule.

I agree 100% that nobody in America should own much less carry a gun, been purveying that message for years now, glad to see there's at least one more person doing so, that I am not an army of one! ;)

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Of course there are laws keeping gun toters out of the halls of congress. MTG, I hear, walked right by the checkpoint, couldn't be bothered to comply with the rule.

I agree 100% that nobody in America should own much less carry a gun, been purveying that message for years now, glad to see there's at least one more person doing so, that I am not an army of one! ;)

McCarthy has already said he'll rescind those rules when he's speaker. Oops, I mean "IF" he's speaker.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
McCarthy has already said he'll rescind those rules when he's speaker. Oops, I mean "IF" he's speaker.
Oh really? Well this is one way to get rid of the MAGAtard congress members, they’ll get charged for assaulting fellow members when they get an argument and pull out their gun on he house floor. They’ll get shot by capitol police. Oh so sad.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
If you can find an example of a black person killing black people just due to the hate of the black race please let us know.

And the weird thing is your response about oh good thing this can't be charged as a hate crime, which we definitely don't know yet, It's just a really strange thing to post.

Kind of disturbing. It's like oh good those gays can't get a hate crime charge out of this. So fucking weird

I was trying to figure out a good analogy...

Old school Italian crime bosses didn't kill other Italian crime bosses because they are Italian. It's because they are rival bosses. Modern day urban gangs are the same. It's a business/turf disagreement.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Last edited:

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
More startling info about the Club Q shooter, and why it was entirely preventable. It's not just alarming, but angering.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
And in California 10 are dead and another 10 in hospitals with conditions ranging from stable to critical.. One suspect who fled the scene and has not been caught yet. Happened inside a dance studio near a Lunar New Year festival celebration in Monterey Park (7 mi from downtown Los Angeles.)

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
And in California 10 are dead and another 10 in hospitals with conditions ranging from stable to critical.. One suspect who fled the scene and has not been caught yet. Happened inside a dance studio near a Lunar New Year festival celebration in Monterey Park (7 mi from downtown Los Angeles.)

Nope. Something we totally can't do anything about.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000

This one hit especially close to home for me because I grew up in the area. Woke up this morning to a bunch of voice messages left on my phone. We still have a lot of family and friends in the area. We checked in with a majority of them, but still haven't been able to reach some.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
We still have a lot of family and friends in the area. We checked in with a majority of them, but still haven't been able to reach some.

Hoping everyone is okay.... America is so fvcked *screwed up. :cry:

*(silly P&N profanity rule...) :rolleyes:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
The police just had a standoff with the probable shooter in Torrance. It's odd because one article says the suspect "may have shot himself" in his van during the confrontation. The next article then says they are searching the van. Nothing says they have a dead body, and the suspect has not yet been identified, though the police have said they know the identity, but don't want to release it while the suspect remains at large. I suspect this will get cleared up in the next few hours.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
The police just had a standoff with the probable shooter in Torrance. It's odd because one article says the suspect "may have shot himself" in his van during the confrontation. The next article then says they are searching the van. Nothing says they have a dead body, and the suspect has not yet been identified, though the police have said they know the identity, but don't want to release it while the suspect remains at large. I suspect this will get cleared up in the next few hours.

The article below says the van had a deceased man who was wearing that same hat as the one in the picture that was released of the shooter and that the police heard the shot inside the van after surrounding it. More in their next update.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/ap-police-respond-to-reported-shooting-in-los-angeles-area-city/

Reactions: hal2kilo

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

This happened a block from my gym... they got him at the corner of Hawthorne and Sepulveda. I was at the gym when it happened.

I've never seen so many helicopters outside of a military op. Holy crap.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
The shooter was 72 years old! What on Earth do you suppose his motive was?