Incomprehensible mass shooting happens again

Page 70 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
So Robert Crimo, the July 4th shooter, is a MAGAtard?

CBS showing the photo in the suit as him:

FOX News: “Thug Life wannabe rapper responsible for gang style shooting in affluent white suburb! Probably upset his YouTube and TikTok wasn’t getting enough likes…put the picture up EP…wait, what?? White MAGA guy…oh ffs take the photo down!”

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Pretty amazing how Fox News is simply ignoring all of this. Completely ignoring this. Fox is ignoring this because they like most congressional republicans and like most republican state legislatures WANT to ignore this. They want to make this part of every day life in America. Just another risk everyone must take, like getting in a car accident or slipping on a banana. And frankly.... THIS is exactly where we are at, pretty much.

Saylick

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2012

Well we'll well... can't say I'm surprised. Fucking asshats, the lot of them.

Following the mass shooting at a July 4 parade in Highland Park, Illinois, a Trump-backed gubernatorial candidate bluntly urged the community to “move on.” Standing next to supporters at a different parade, after taking a moment in prayer, state Sen. Darren Bailey, said: “Let’s move on and celebrate the independence of this nation.” He added, “We have got to get corruption and evil out of our government.”

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
Seriously that's amateur hour by US standards.

Absolutely tragic of course. But this happens once...in a blue moon? While here in the US it's a regular occurrence. Shit, after the first year of COVID, it was like "oh we haven't had one of these in a long time"

The danish shooter is well known in the psychiatric treatment system, and will probably spend most of his life in a secured facility now.

But regarding to casualties, I guess it is good that it is not possible to legally have access to full auto weapons, then it possible would have been much higher.

I'm sorry to hear that these kind of things are normal in the US.

Reactions: Captante

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
The danish shooter is well known in the psychiatric treatment system, and will probably spend most of his life in a secured facility now.

But regarding to casualties, I guess it is good that it is not possible to legally have access to full auto weapons, then it possible would have been much higher.

I'm sorry to hear that these kind of things are normal in the US.
please don't take my comment as callousness towards the people of Denmark - it's entirely a dig at our failure in the United States to enact meaningful change and to do something that actually might protect people from harm.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
"Lets move on" says the fat lazy nazi party.
Meanwhile Fox News spent all day posting stories about Democrats who want to "cancel" independence day.
I'm not kidding. Go look it up.
Are you fucking kidding me? The war on Independence Day? To go along with Christmas, Thanksgiving? These deplorables are shameless

Now that we know this creep is a MAGAtard Fox will bury the story. More coverage of Biden stuttering.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
I didn't really pick up on this until today with all the news about the Uvalde *Schools* Police chief.
Uvalde is a town of 15k people. Why the fuck is there a chief of police for the schools???? For a town of 15k people?

We went really really sideways somewhere and that's part of the path.

Keane ISD in Texas has a police choice and I believe four offices. City population you ask? About 6000. In Texas school districts can create their own police departments or contract with other departments for services. It used to just be the big urban districts that had their own police departments but in the last 5 or so years a bunch of smaller districts, in mostly conservative towns, started their own departments.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
FOX News: “Thug Life wannabe rapper responsible for gang style shooting in affluent white suburb! Probably upset his YouTube and TikTok wasn’t getting enough likes…put the picture up EP…wait, what?? White MAGA guy…oh ffs take the photo down!”

Looks like a MAGA Incel.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
So more of Trump's stochastic terrorism

highland-park-shooter-social-media-11.jpg

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Are you fucking kidding me? The war on Independence Day? To go along with Christmas, Thanksgiving? These deplorables are shameless

Now that we know this creep is a MAGAtard Fox will bury the story. More coverage of Biden stuttering.

it’s the victim card full time, it’s ez money for R leaders and agitprop outlets like Fox News to get those clicks. It’s ez money man, and they’ll take back “their” country aka burn it down to get that money

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
And another shooter box checked:

"The mayor said several of Crimo’s online postings 'reflected a plan and a desire to commit carnage for a long time in advance' ”

• Wow
Reactions: Captante

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014

LOL while a Trumptard stochastic terrorist actually is committing war on independence day

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Actually Stacey Abrams dares to pay for security and advocate for gun control at the same time. She doesn't want you to be safe. So on a day of mass shootings Fox basically runs with "everyone should have murder toys".

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Of course Faux News attempting to hand wave this away. Like why should gun violence distract from Independence Day celebrations. Nothing more freedom defining than gun!!!!

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Yet another instance where a "good guy with a gun" doesn't work. Can you imagine if this was Texas all the random people people firing back in a crowded parade? Would have killed more people. Also, when police arrive, how do they identify the "good guy" with the gun?

Saylick

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2012
Yet another instance where a "good guy with a gun" doesn't work. Can you imagine if this was Texas all the random people people firing back in a crowded parade? Would have killed more people. Also, when police arrive, how do they identify the "good guy" with the gun?
Police just need to shoot and kill everyone with a firearm who doesn't look like a police officer with a badge. Simple as that. The only good guys are those in uniform.

/s

• Haha
Reactions: igor_kavinski

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Police just need to shoot and kill everyone with a firearm who doesn't look like a police officer with a badge. Simple as that. The only good guys are those in uniform.

/s
That's exactly how the black security guard Jemel Roberson was killed and he was detaining a perp while working. Cops shot the first black guy they found.

Reactions: Lezunto

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I mean, since they shoot unarmed men for walking down the sidewalk does it really even matter?

Reactions: Lezunto