Impeachment coming

Page 23 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
I don't really understand the reasoning behind the voting of the GOP, unless they want Trump to stay in the party and run in 2024. (And maybe that is what most want?)

If he is impeached, then he can't run at all and won't be a threat in the long run to the GOP, they might not win in 2024, but at some point the voters will move on.

If he is not impeached and stay in the GOP, he will create chaos, and as we now have seen he has lost the house, senate and presidency. If he runs as independent, the GOP will surely loose 2024.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I don't really understand the reasoning behind the voting of the GOP, unless they want Trump to stay in the party and run in 2024. (And maybe that is what most want?)

If he is impeached, then he can't run at all and won't be a threat in the long run to the GOP, they might not win in 2024, but at some point the voters will move on.

If he is not impeached and stay in the GOP, he will create chaos, and as we now have seen he has lost the house, senate and presidency. If he runs as independent, the GOP will surely loose 2024.
the gop is afraid of his cult members, they know if they cross them they will become targets before the dems do.

Reactions: hal2kilo

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011

House members don't really care about the long term. They need to run for election every two years, and thanks to gerrymandering the main threat is from a primary challenge. If they vote to impeach Trump, you can be damn sure that a MAGA nutter is going to go after them at the next primary.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Lol ...Congresswoman QAnon says she’s going to file impeachment charges against Biden for abuse of power the day after the Inauguration.

Congresswoman from QAnon and precog? Quite the woman she is! ... Congresswoman QAnon says she’s going to show everyone just how batshit crazy she is the day after the Inauguration.

let's hope she gets called in front of Congress within the next month and has to testify about her seditious leanings, and forced to swear fealty to the USA and renounce Trumpism in public, or face removal. (along with Gaetz, Briggs, Gosar, Green, Jordan, et al...oh and Lindsey, of course)

Reactions: hal2kilo

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Paul Gosar's own family ran campaign ads urging folks not to vote for him.

oh he's that guy? :D Abandonment issues...I guess that's why he's so firmly latched to Trump's crotch, because it's the only milk he can get now.

OMG, the level of shit we've been dealing with for 4 years, it's impossible to imagine that this amount of insanity could be crammed into 4 years, but it was actually about every week of Trumpism. How easy to forget the specific turds that have been piling up, while the GOP has neglected its duties to clean the lawn. No allowance for them!

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
It just keeps getting weirder and weirder. This timeline, game server, whatever it is, is zany.
3DkKxvd.jpg

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
Yea. I am afraid we are a debug session and someone is fucking with the code realtime.

If this were a TV show, I wouldn't watch it because the plot is too dumb and unrealistic.

There is no way that anyone would believe a pack a lies a 10 year with an internet connection could debunk in 5 minutes.

But here we are, and I can't look away...

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
If this were a TV show, I wouldn't watch it because the plot is too dumb and unrealistic.

There is no way that anyone would believe a pack a lies a 10 year with an internet connection could debunk in 5 minutes.

But here we are, and I can't look away...
I say we launch a side channel attack, hack the os, aka quantum computing -> peek into parallel realities and base our actions on more favorable outcomes... this “it is what it is” is not working for anyone...

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I say we launch a side channel attack, hack the os, aka quantum computing -> peek into parallel realities and base our actions on more favorable outcomes... this “it is what it is” is not working for anyone...
Right on. I mean they are clearly trolling us hard; we have to fight back somehow. A weasel, and a bird (never confirmed it was a bird, no remains discovered) both shutdown the LHC at Cern. They are having lulz with us. There are theoretical quantum computing applications based on the experiments that produced Anyons. We get that worked out and cut the puppet strings :p

• Love
Reactions: cytg111

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
With just 10 Republicans supporting Impeachment, this is the most bipartisan Presidential Impeachment in history.
You mean besides his first impeachment? There were 10 more Republican votes this time than last... pretty pathetic still, in my opinion.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
oh he's that guy? :D Abandonment issues...I guess that's why he's so firmly latched to Trump's crotch, because it's the only milk he can get now.

OMG, the level of shit we've been dealing with for 4 years, it's impossible to imagine that this amount of insanity could be crammed into 4 years, but it was actually about every week of Trumpism. How easy to forget the specific turds that have been piling up, while the GOP has neglected its duties to clean the lawn. No allowance for them!
Seems like a party of people who make bad life choices, and need to blame other people for why their lives are so miserable.

Reactions: Pohemi

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I don’t want impeachment to hinder Joe Biden and getting his administration started. I think president Joe has some great ideas and it will be refreshing to have an administration engaged with getting people vaccinated and the economy back on track. As far as Donald Trump goes, I’m over with him. Trump doesn’t care about his legacy, Trump rewrites his legacy at the drop of a hat, so his legacy doesn’t matter. And I have no doubts should Donald Trump wish to run again for president he could find a way to do that, or republicans in congress would pass some law allowing an impeached president to run for president again. So once Trump is gone, Joe Biden should be the focus. Getting his administration going should be the focus. Donald Trump has his own ghosts and skeletons to keep him occupied until the day he dies. And he’s not that healthy nor young so death definitely figures into his short term future. I’d say and I would suggest that on January 21st we forget about Donald Trump and move full steam ahead with Joe Biden. Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer best devote their full efforts getting Joe’s nominees passed and in place, and forgetting about Donald Trump. After all, Democrats will control all three branches of government so focus on getting stuff done that Mitch McConnell would have never allowed to happen. That alone should keep Democrats busy for the first year.

• Haha

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

the gop is afraid of his cult members, they know if they cross them they will become targets before the dems do.
House members don't really care about the long term. They need to run for election every two years, and thanks to gerrymandering the main threat is from a primary challenge. If they vote to impeach Trump, you can be damn sure that a MAGA nutter is going to go after them at the next primary.

Sorry guys but that’s all wishful thinking. Maybe in 2015 you could claim its about getting (re)elected or being scared of not supporting trump or what ever political reasons you can make up but that ship has sailed. Not only do righties want more people like trump but they also voted in more people like trump. The Republican Party is the trump party and all they are all support in 100%.

So please stop with this bull shit notion that these poor republicans politicians are simply stuck between a rock and a hard place because they aren’t, they are exactly where they want to be with a riled up base that’s ready to overthrow our democracy. So stop making excuses for them because eventually you’ll look like terrorist/traitor sympathizers yourself.

RY62

Mar 13, 2005

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011

They've supported him despite all the things he's said in the last ~4 years, nothing has really changed, has it? He still stands for the things they do, and he's their best shot at power.

But I thought Trump had commited no crimes?

The presentation of two conflicting arguments is a milestone to cultism that the GOP passed a lonnnnnng time ago.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
But then their feels would be fucked. Why do you hate their feels so much you monster?

I kind'a look at the Repub's feels as if it's a nuclear reactor that fuels their party's smoke n' mirror generator whose sole output are lies, whackjob conspiracy hoaxes and hate filled divisive rhetoric. Trump spun up that 'ol atom splitter into overdrive and melt that reactor down into the ground releasing an explosive shitload of isodopes that just recently contaminated our Capitol creating chaos, mayhem and a whole lot of arrests.