Impeachment coming

Page 22 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
And Trump said his supporters would never harm their fellow Americans or cause violence, that he condemns the violence and that he will do everything necessary to prevent future violence. Sounds like Hitler describing what Hitler called the “special treatment”.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Now can they file charges against him for violating the 14th amsndment?

Fourteenth Amendment
  • Section 3
    No Person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
If the articles are there the Senate can vote for him never being able to hold public office again.
This needs only a simple majority.

"The Senate may subsequently vote on whether the impeached official shall be disqualified from again holding an office of public trust under the United States.201If this option is pursued, a simple majority vote is required.202 "

Sorry, but I think that "subsequently" applies only after conviction by the Senate, here are two other mentions:

"If the Senate, by vote of a two-thirds majority, convicts the official on any article of impeachment, the result is removal from office and, at the Senate’s discretion, disqualification from holding future office. "

"The immediate effect of conviction upon an article of impeachment is removal from office,14 although the Senate may subsequently vote on whether the official shall be disqualified from again holding an office of public trust under the United States.15 "

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I wonder when the Trump boys will buy up some dental floss and dixie cups to make their new social media outlet...where they'll claim to be all strung out. :p I'm surprised they aren't circling the white house 24 hours a day in an orange charger with rebel flags on it.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
I'm not entirely convinced they'll get the 17 Senate Republican votes to get to the 2/3rds majority needed to convict. Talk is cheap, but when push comes to shove Republicans (with a very few exceptions) have invariably voted with/for Trump in the past. You simply can't believe anything they say until they actually do it (and even then, some of them will still deny they did it after doing it).

Especially now that they have organized to push this "unity" garbage argument.

Reactions: Pohemi

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Impeached AGAIN!
Donald Trump's ground hog day, nightmare scenario.
Every morning he awakes, he's impeached, the day ends, then repeats again. But like in the movie ground hog day, death as with impeachment has no effect on the guy. Regardless of death or impeachment, soon it will be tomorrow once again. Death could not end it and apparently nor can impeachment.

Reactions: Thump553

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
Lol ...Congresswoman QAnon says she’s going to file impeachment charges against Biden for abuse of power the day after the Inauguration.

Congresswoman from QAnon and precog? Quite the woman she is! ... Congresswoman QAnon says she’s going to show everyone just how batshit crazy she is the day after the Inauguration.

Shit, I thought there was only one Al-Qanon Cultist in Congress.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
There is atleast two they deny it but it’s clear they drink they QAnon look aid. I bet there are more.
Geatz, ghomert, brooks either buy into that shit or cynically use it to advance their careers. I think Geatz is the later and ghomert and brooks the former.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
If the articles are there the Senate can vote for him never being able to hold public office again.
This needs only a simple majority.

"The Senate may subsequently vote on whether the impeached official shall be disqualified from again holding an office of public trust under the United States.201If this option is pursued, a simple majority vote is required.202 "

Banned from holding any office again is contingent on being convicted by 2/3. Meaning he has to be convicted first by 2/3 before the vote of Banning him from office can come up. With no conviction, there are no grounds to ban him from holding office ever again.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Lol ...Congresswoman QAnon says she’s going to file impeachment charges against Biden for abuse of power the day after the Inauguration.

Congresswoman from QAnon and precog? Quite the woman she is! ... Congresswoman QAnon says she’s going to show everyone just how batshit crazy she is the day after the Inauguration.

The bullshit down the page is amazing-

Rep. Paul Gosar, DDS
@RepGosar

·
Jan 12

I will be voting NO on the resolution to impeach the president. The vandals and rioters who interrupted my floor motion and speech and prevented me from completing the official business of the House are solely responsible for their actions, not the President.

"The President did not incite that mob to attack the Capitol! It wasn't him!"