Impeachment coming

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 4, 2009
Currently listening to a whole mess of cry baby Republicans at the house impeachment
Plus a side serving of “We need Unity!”

Fuck off asshole, if you want to cite Kathy Griffin as a person suggesting violence. I’m citing these assholes regarding unity

1610562056189.png

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Well, Matt Gaetz got applause for his insane rant when he ended his speech saying that most of the violence is coming from the left.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Well, Matt Gaetz got applause for his insane rant when he ended his speech saying that most of the violence is coming from the left.

Code word. BLACK PEOPLE. That is what he meant. It’s the black people’s fault. Typical redneck bigot knee jerk reaction.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Had Hitler been impeached, house Nazis would be defending Hitler while walking around the chamber tripping over the bodies of dead Jews.

Reactions: Pohemi

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
So what happened? As of last night all the reports seemed to indicate that McConnel and the Rs were ready to turn on Trump. Has that changed now?

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
So what happened? As of last night all the reports seemed to indicate that McConnel and the Rs were ready to turn on Trump. Has that changed now?
Nobody knows. Especially when it comes to McConnel.

But I'm glad to see that there will be at least a few Republicans in the house that will be voting yes on impeachment.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Who knows? Mitch could be preventing a Pence pardon. Mitch could be looking to bog down the new Dem lead Senate at a later date or looking to horse trade Trump's head on a spike for tax cuts for his dwindling list of billionaire buddies.

Reactions: cytg111

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
"McConnell takes rapid conviction off the table". Great. Biden's first 100 days will be filled with the news media and senate yammering about...Trump. Awesome.

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
Currently listening to a whole mess of cry baby Republicans at the house impeachment
Plus a side serving of “We need Unity!”

Fuck off asshole, if you want to cite Kathy Griffin as a person suggesting violence. I’m citing these assholes regarding unity

Unity is precisely what we need. Has no Democrat or courageous Republican got up and stated the obvious:

For the good of the Country, we do need unity on this issue. We need to send a unified message that we will not tolerate a seditious attack on US lawmakers and institutions. We need to send a unified message that the election was a free and fair, and we reject the lies of desperate President Trump that divide us.

Real Unity would be great. The only divisions on the hill right now are between decent Republicans that are joining the Democrats in condemning the seditious lies of Trump, versus those Republicans that wish to keep using those lies to divide us all.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004

McConnel wants the dems do the work for him, then he can blame them afterward for witch hunting trump and still court his base of loons. In-fighting means he might lose them, maybe they'll fracture off in 2024 if Trump or one of his relatives wants to hang around. The story will be that the evil dems are obsessed with trump. And then most likely there will be a "whoops we didn't have the votes". All while dominating most of Biden's first year with more trump BS.

While Trump certainly deserves to be impeached, doing it at this point is just doing the repubs a favor. I'm not sure its a smart long term move. This is the same strategy they always use, bust the place up, leave the dems to try and fix it and then blame them for being party poopers and since they cleaned it up maybe it was their fault the whole time.

I think the dems would be better off pointing out repeatedly that they already voted to impeach trump and that if the Republicans want to introduce new impeachment that is fine but they'll need to lead on it since its their shitshow.

I know, we're all afraid of Trump coming back. But Trumpkins aren't going anywhere even if he's barred from holding office. And his kids might still take up the mantle anyway even if he is barred. I actually think he'll end up to marred in legal problems and financial issues to make another go of it by 2024.

Reactions: Ajay

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
I'm catching bits and pieces of speakers in the background.
It appears to be the running themes of Republicans are
WhataboutAntifa? WhataboutThaBlacks? YouCantAcceptThe2016Election!!!

I'm guessing that as soon as this quiets down, they are going to be complaining about why no one is investigating Hunter Biden and that investigations into Republican involvement in the form of a sitting congressmen and senators providing material support to those that trying to take the capital is political theater or or something.

That and Foxnew has posted lots of glowing yelp reviews of Trump's wall

Feb 4, 2009
Unity is precisely what we need. Has no Democrat or courageous Republican got up and stated the obvious:

For the good of the Country, we do need unity on this issue. We need to send a unified message that we will not tolerate a seditious attack on US lawmakers and institutions. We need to send a unified message that the election was a free and fair, and we reject the lies of desperate President Trump that divide us.

Real Unity would be great. The only divisions on the hill right now are between decent Republicans that are joining the Democrats in condemning the seditious lies of Trump, versus those Republicans that wish to keep using those lies to divide us all.

I think like a MAGA guy, problem with this hearing nearly all Ds are giving lofty high intelligence talks.
Many Rs are going low & dumb.
Fight dumb with dumb.
I would say “hey guys you want to impeach Kathy Griffin? I’m all for it! Draw up the documents and count me in. Now on to the President, he is the damn President and is held to a higher standard”

or

“I yield 10 seconds to the representative from whatever shithole who wants unity, is what shit head next to you saying about scheming democrats the road to unity?”

Fuck these guys

Reactions: Pohemi
Feb 4, 2009
Or to representative Q, did Mr. Biden win the Electoral College vote? I await your finely crafted words of unity.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
McConnel wants the dems do the work for him, then he can blame them afterward for witch hunting trump and still court his base of loons. In-fighting means he might lose them, maybe they'll fracture off in 2024 if Trump or one of his relatives wants to hang around. The story will be that the evil dems are obsessed with trump. And then most likely there will be a "whoops we didn't have the votes". All while dominating most of Biden's first year with more trump BS.

Yeah, Moscow Mitch doesn't want to lose the senate because of a fractured coalition. He's decided to duck an cover for now. The added bonus being able to put more pressure on Biden garnering concessions in exchange for nominations. Dude's an old school brass knuckles politician.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

The media does not always report the truth. Shocking, I know.

When they say "McConnel is happy..." that means what, to impeach Trump, to fight the Dems?
History should be a guide here, lest it be proven otherwise with credible sources.

That he won't impeach this week says a lot. Turtle is hedging his bets and waiting to ask the donors. It is pageantry at this point. Functionally, Trump is out in 7 days anyway.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
House is voting now. I'm actually kind of surprised that Jim Jordan requested formal vote instead of just letting Yay's have it. GOP is doubling down by putting their names on record.

EDIT: this is going to take a while since so many reps are voting by proxy. So far 7 Republicans house members support resolution. I don't expect there will be more than that.

Last edited: