Imagine...

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

theflyingpig

Banned
Mar 9, 2008
Originally posted by: bauerbrazil

Lol, im not the one who will pull the trigger! Probably one religious/military nutjob who have the same ideas of the assholes attacking the OP will start the next WW.

There is no way we wont have another WW, this is a fact, it is the human nature.

Humans have an evil gene or something, unfortunally.

Hitler didn't herd Jews into the gas chambers now did he? I was just kidding with my previous post. :) Anyway, we have something in common, you and I; we both understand the human desire for conflict. And that is why the OP is a fool. There will never be peace on earth. Never. As long as humans exist, there will be torture, killing, and war. Everyone knows this.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: theflyingpig

Lol, im not the one who will pull the trigger! Probably one religious/military nutjob who have the same ideas of the assholes attacking the OP will start the next WW.

There is no way we wont have another WW, this is a fact, it is the human nature.

Hitler didn't herd Jews into the gas chambers now did he? I was just kidding with my previous post. :) Anyway, we have something in common, you and I; we both understand the human desire for conflict. And that is why the OP is a fool. There will never be peace on earth. Never. As long as humans exist, there will be torture, killing, and war. Everyone knows this.

Of course they do. If you are wrong, and you can't be, of course, then you will have spent your life is a dream, never knowing a think about your true self. You would have to see that your life is a total mechanical waste, and that you never lived. You better be right, no? Hehe, you poor blind fool.

daniel49

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2005
Wait wait!! I saw this on starz last night. Mankind is replaced by apes, for being so barbaric.
Oh wait they still had religion.
Guess we'll have to wait for communist apes.
Go Roddy Go

theflyingpig

Banned
Mar 9, 2008
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

Of course they do. If you are wrong, and you can't be, of course, then you will have spent your life is a dream, never knowing a think about your true self. You would have to see that your life is a total mechanical waste, and that you never lived. You better be right, no? Hehe, you poor blind fool.

Me? Blind? HAHAHA! I laugh at your foolishness. I see everything clearly, and unlike you, I do not ignore the truth. You are a liar, moonbeam. You lie to yourself everyday of your life.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
..that warning shot to lennons neck worked wonders and yoko's been doing the happy dance ever since.

SolMiester

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2004
Originally posted by: RESmonkey
Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

- John Lennon

The world needs to put the guns down, and start hugging. No one has to die. No one. Not the innocent. Not the soldier. Not even the guilty. No one. We are all equal. Everyone of us is a child of our parents, and everyone one of us must have someone out there that loves them. It's just not right, the world. All the hate, the fighting, the killing. :(

Drop the weapons, and start over.

You had me until there......fcuk the guilty, hang'm high!

SolMiester

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2004
Originally posted by: bamacre
Originally posted by: daveymark
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing. Therefore, good men must hug the evildoers if we are to rid the world of evil.

That is fine and dandy as long as I get to decide who is an evildoer and who is not.

Those men who try to rid the world of evil often become as evil as those they seek to destroy.
Really?, thats quite a statement.....what do you base it on?

SolMiester

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2004
Originally posted by: TheRedUnderURBed
Originally posted by: Ocguy31
Same old same old

I do not see what the hate is about hippies, all they wanted to do was get high, get laid and hear some good music. Can't really go wrong there.
Stupid south park tv indoctrinated dorks.

Um...lazy stoners who do nothing for society? Yea, that is good for everyone!

Did a lot more to progress society then any other generation.
Let's see, civil rights, womens rights, founding of gay rights.
Stopped a imperialist war, and scared the living shit out of the establishment so they feared real revolution and the downfall of the system.
Our whole foundation of society was rocked by them.
Disclaimer: I was not even born yet, but you are being ignorant.

What did the "me" generations do but sit on their asses, worship themselves and money and get into debt?
A old hippie should slap you upside the head with a incense stick.

Not happy about the 1st, but the 2nd is bang on the money!

SolMiester

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2004

You give way too much credit to a bunch of dirty losers.

Many were just trend followers, but many have moved on to do good works in life. Besides "just making money" (what does that get you anyway but a early grave and debt?) you need to learn a bit more about history it seems.

Thanks to those "dirty losers" this country will never be the same and we have more freedoms.
(The ideas of individualism, so dear to America is stronger in our national conscience then ever and that resurgence WAS part of what the hippies brought to us through their music and culture that creeped in)

Same could be said of our founding fathers, they were not much different.
George Washington was not exactly a clean guy while creating change either.

Our armies literally lived and adopted the ways of native americans and lived like dirty hippies, and defeated the richest army of "winners" in your book to create this country.

It is all perspective, which you lack. Following what the ruling class tells you makes you a "winner" is not always the best route to freedom, regardless of what south park tell you my contrarian friend.

You are really faaaaar ouuuut maaaaaaan.

Your posts arent even worth picking apart. They are mainly a bunch of babbel that you spout to try and make yourself sound like an intellectual. When in reality, your concept of history is extremely far off.

Dont tell me...your what 21?...LOL

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

Me? Blind? HAHAHA! I laugh at your foolishness. I see everything clearly, and unlike you, I do not ignore the truth. You are a liar, moonbeam. You lie to yourself everyday of your life.

I got one thing right, it looks to me, the fact that you could not possibly see, that all you could do would be to dismiss and laugh. I know my machines. Something else I see is the maturity of a child and the depth of a puddle, but then, how else could you be?

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: SolMiester
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing. Therefore, good men must hug the evildoers if we are to rid the world of evil.

That is fine and dandy as long as I get to decide who is an evildoer and who is not.

Those men who try to rid the world of evil often become as evil as those they seek to destroy.

Just broaden your definition of evil to mine and you should see many examples for yourself.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: SolMiester

It couldn't be more obvious. Good and evil require each other to exist. So if you are good you automatically create evil. To be good is to set yourself in apposition to evil, to create strife and conflict. To create strife and conflict is to create evil.

But even more obvious is the fact that everything we do we do in the name of good. We kill millions because they deserve to die. We are good and the other is evil, no matter who you are so long as you believe in good and evil.

Of course, there is no such thing as good and evil. There is only the infinite perfection that you were born into and have always been. But to know it, you have to die to the good. But your illusion that you are good may be more important to you than you can possibly imagine.

All evil is done in the name of good. Every psychopath who determines that the world must be fixed by fixing others whether they like it or not, is life denying. There is only one war to be fought and it is with your own illusory ego, the delusion that you are separate and not the universe itself.