I'm up to 506 games legally installed

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sam25

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2008
Yup I saw the latest screens...you got GTA IV in there alright. :)

As for the new games Hidden and Dangerous was a cool game, was there a patch released which made the game run more stably because it crashed pretty frequently?

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
Originally posted by: AdamK47
Arrrrrggg! I'm going to get so defensive I could just... I could just... explode!

ya, didnt expect much from you anyway. so weird you keep it a "top secret" and get offended by that question. You must have some issues.

but anyway, happy gaming :) i'm out of this thread for good :)

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: MustangSVT
Arrrrrggg! I'm going to get so defensive I could just... I could just... explode!

ya, didnt expect much from you anyway. so weird you keep it a "top secret" and get offended by that question. You must have some issues.

It didn't take much to set you off. I love it!

Edit: If you must know, I won the lottery a few years back. All I do is mess with my cars and play on the computer.

Sylvanas

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2004

It didn't take much to set you off. I love it!

Edit: If you must know, I won the lottery a few years back. All I do is mess with my cars and play on the computer.

Awesome, you are living the dream lmao. Nice collection!

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
Also how well does I-76 run under Vista? I have really been thinking a lot about that game lately. I know even with the Gold patch the resolution is still locked to 640x480 but I'm pondering buying it for old time sakes.

It shouldn't be locked to 640x480. I've run it at 1024x768 before with the Gold patch on my retail copy. Not in Vista, though, in XP Pro.

Duddy

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2002
I freakin' love my Vista 64bit. Best OS I have ever used!

Looking forward to Windows 7 x64!

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
Originally posted by: Lord Banshee
you have FF7 installed :p

So does it run in hardware mode or software? Last time i tried to install it i get an error that hardware 8-bit palette is not supported which basically means i can not run it in hardware mode. you?

Hardware mode. There is a patch that allows hardware mode to work without the funky checkered background. It plays perfectly! With FF8 I have to use software mode since there isn't a patch for it.

LOL, nice collection! I also have FF7 and 8 ports for computer.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Originally posted by: Raduque
Also how well does I-76 run under Vista? I have really been thinking a lot about that game lately. I know even with the Gold patch the resolution is still locked to 640x480 but I'm pondering buying it for old time sakes.

It shouldn't be locked to 640x480. I've run it at 1024x768 before with the Gold patch on my retail copy. Not in Vista, though, in XP Pro.

Damn, all I remember is when I first downloaded the Gold Patch it was definitely locked to a low resolution. Well back then it wasn't low. I need to reinstall it if I can find my discs. I know the graphics will be hella dated, but the game will still be fun as hell. Even the installer with the dude reciting the poems was awesome. Off to find the game :D

Marty502

Aug 25, 2007
You need to get Icewind Dale 1 & 2!

EDIT: Nevermind, I see they've just been added! Cool. :)

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: pontifex
how did you get thief 3 to work?

I really don't remember having any problems with it. Have you tried launching the game straight from the executable rather than the launcher? What kind of error do you get?

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000

I really don't remember having any problems with it. Have you tried launching the game straight from the executable rather than the launcher? What kind of error do you get?

yeah, same thing as with the launcher.

it just says thief: deadly shadows has stopped working. doesn't even appear to attempt to launch the game

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

it just says thief: deadly shadows has stopped working. doesn't even appear to attempt to launch the game

Download patch 1.1 here. I can't remember if it uses StarForce or not, but if it does, download this for x64.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000

Download patch 1.1 here. I can't remember if it uses StarForce or not, but if it does, download this for x64.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
Originally posted by: EvilComputer92
Have you managed to play through all the Descent and Freespace games?

Freespace is not a real Descent game. Descent = chlostrophobic tunnels!

Beaten 1 and 2, but every time I play 3 I can't find the red key when trying to make it to Dravis's office.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

When you get it working try this widescreen fix. I just tried it out and it works great. There was a problem in locating the real options.ini file, but I found the path to it by looking in the registry.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000

says no old file found when i try to patch, so it must be patched already. i don't see the starforce file protect.dll they are talking about in updating starforce either. if i run the starforce removal tool, it says not starforce drivers found to remove, so maybe this version doesn't have starforce?

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'm leaning heavily towards copy protection drivers. It could be Tages or SecuROM. I'm not sure what it is. I do know that when I do load up Thief 3 the copy protection drivers load since I see the spinning CD cursor icon when the CD is being checked on startup.

mcvickj

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2001
Very impressive list. Looking at the pictures inspired me to reinstall a couple of my older titles. :) I am curious how you keep track of all of the keys? Years ago when I started to organize all of my games in a CD case I printed out address labels with the name of the title and the key. At the time I thought it was a great idea but no so much now as my list has grown.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
I'm leaning heavily towards copy protection drivers. It could be Tages or SecuROM. I'm not sure what it is. I do know that when I do load up Thief 3 the copy protection drivers load since I see the spinning CD cursor icon when the CD is being checked on startup.

I got my copy as a direct download from fileplanet's hitpoints thing.

I sent in a ticket to Eidos support last night as well to see if they could help me.