I'm sorry, but sometimes it is hard not to stereotype...

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
I got my Dark Shadow Cobra back from Crazy Horse today and I am driving back on some back roads a good 30 miles from my house. It is twisty and also wide and the perfect place really open it up, except it is a speed trap so I am going to speed limit of 40 because there are always cops sitting at different hide outs. Anyway people normally speed on the road if they are not familiar with it, but the road is empty except for this Honda that comes up behind me and starts tailing me very close, even when I slow down around the curves. I look in my review mirror, a white, prissy, with big aviator glasses, hair still crispy from the daily salon drying, bad driving female....TALKING ON HER CELL PHONE...gabbing away. I tap on my breaks a bit to give her the message, she does not even realize. Tails me for a good 10 miles or so, at times getting very close, and it scared me that she was going to hit me when I slowed down to go around the hairpin turns. About 5 minutes later, she hangs up her cell phone and what does she do? Puts her elbow on the window sill, and rests her head against her hand with her head almost sideways while STILL tailing me in her POS Honda (nothing against Hondas, but if I have to slow down in turns to stay in the lane safely with all my grip with my BFG drag radials on, she better fing slow down also)....She continues to drive and follow me like a foot from my back bumper the rest of the way. I could not even see the front of her car in my rearview mirror. Reminds me of the gd women who plowed into this guys brand new GT500 (his baby that he spent a year saving up for) while he was driving it home at the dealer, because she thought she could make it through the yellow light and punched it....Except the guy with the GT500 was IN FRONT of him and slowed down for it.

Anyway then she continues when I turn off...but no, that was not enough female exquisite female driving experience for the day...I pull onto my street and there are bushes that line the driveway near my neighbor across the street's house so you have to pull out of their drive way slowly to make sure no one is coming (it is a horseshoe so you never have to back up into the street). Anyway I am coming up the street and out of no where this women comes barreling out of my neighbors driveway (the pet sitter or something) with no regard for on coming traffic and misses hitting me by like an inch. She hit the breaks half way in the street when she saw me and I had to swerve all the way extremely quickly into the guys lawn across the street (my adjacent neighbor, no curb there thank god). So I am pissed as hell so I stop and hop out of my car to wonder what the hell happened and check to make sure she is not drunk or something...that and I wanted to yell, I'll admit it because I did not even have time to hit the horn or anything because she came out so fast. She sees me come out and I look at her through her window, she gives ME the finger and speeds off. Boy was I pissed...

Not only would I be pissed she would have hit my baby, and given me the hassle of repair and have the car lose instant value (the type of people who buy Cobras WILL NOT buy a cobra that has been in an accident), but I have a lot of mods in my car that her insurance company would certainly not recognize in the value of recompensation...

It took a lot of restraint not to use the ***** word or **** word while typing this.

Cliffs:
Some women should never ever ever be allowed to dive... I am sorry, but I have never seen a man drive this bad.

xtknight

Elite Member
Oct 15, 2004
Ever had someone cut you in line when you were the first one in line at a light? Yeah...that just happened a second ago.

But it was a man. :p

MrWizzard

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2002
You should be insured through Hagerty, stated value FTW. That and they have a lot of perks.

EDIT: Opps never mind Hagerty only does high value colector older cars, and yours in not very old yet. NM

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
POS Honda (nothing against Hondas, but if I have to slow down in turns to stay in the lane safely with all my grip with my BFG drag radials on, she better fing slow down also

Sounds to me like American cars just don't handle as well as Hondas. I kid, I kid!

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
When I saw the title of this thread, i immediately flashed back to yesterday when I was driving my sister's car to a different location for her. It has a lot of problems so I got over in the slow lane and just tried to make it from one place to another safely.

A car comes behind me and tails me for a few miles just a few feet from my bumper, even though all the lanes have extremely light traffic, making me pretty uncomfortable. Yes, it was a woman on a cell phone.

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
The stereotype of the terrble woman driver didn't just come from nowhere.

My wife drives like an idiot, and I yell at her almost every time I'm in the car with her. It changes nothing. She's a horrible tailgater and is *always* on the cell.

From my experience, men drive poorly most often when they're driving aggressively; something that fades considerably as they mature. Women, on the other hand, seem to drive badly because they're simply not paying attention to driving, whether it's a cell phone, makeup or just plain daydreaming.

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
Originally posted by: MrWizzard
You should be insured through Hagerty, stated value FTW. That and they have a lot of perks.

EDIT: Opps never mind Hagerty only does high value colector older cars, and yours in not very old yet. NM

Even if I did have insurance that would cover my car like that, I would want her insurance to cover it as my rates in NJ are already high enough with this car. We're talking 6 grand a year (granted I have a past record of speeding).

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
My gf was complaining about me being prejudiced against female drivers. She was driving me to her house and decided to take a left turn (no turn signal, no traffic light saying we could turn) while oncoming traffice was still flowing!! Scared the bejesus outta me, and I pointed out that what she did was an example of what fuels my so-called "meanness". She ended up saying it wasnt her fault, so I quickly opened up the glove compartment, pulled out the driving manual, and read out loud to her the part where you yield to oncoming traffic.
She then threw a fit about how they should have slowed down after seeing her cross in front. I then had to calmly remind her what yield means, and how if she wants the conversation about how she sucks at driving to end, she should just accept responsibility.
Sigh...

Jun 19, 2004
I didn't find your rant all of that "mob mentality" inspiring.

Those two cases could have easily been teenage guys. Not that I'm defending women drivers, most I know suck at driving, but you don't even speak of specific bad women driver traits (i.e., putting on makeup, etc.....cell phones don't really count, most everyone has a problem with that).

Me thinks the thread was a vain attempt to brag more so about your Ford.

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
There are some good female drivers, but they need something to do while they drive. Males though, I guess we're just osessed with simple things :p ;)

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
Originally posted by: MisterJackson

Those two cases could have easily been teenage guys. Not that I'm defending women drivers, most I know suck at driving, but you don't even speak of specific bad women driver traits (i.e., putting on makeup, etc.....cell phones don't really count, most everyone has a problem with that).

Your a dumbass...they were NOT teenage drivers...and I do not need to brag about my Cobra's. Cars are an extreme hobby for me so excuse me if I like to talk about em a bit.

Coquito

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2003
Originally posted by: SVT Cobra

Your a dumbass...they were NOT teenage drivers...and I do not need to brag about my Cobra's. Cars are an extreme hobby for me so excuse me if I like to talk about em a bit.

Ahh, you admit it then? :p

To stay on topic, men are reckless, women are careless.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
If women are so bad (driving) why is their insurance cheaper?

iamaelephant

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2004

I have to agree. While I agree with SVT about woman drivers in general, these examples were poor. In my experience men tend to tailgate a lot more than women. Most of the annoying things women do on the road are a result of them being seemingly completely oblivious to what is happening around them. Men tend to tailgate because they drive more aggressively.

The woman pulling out of a driveway at high speed is a good example of the former. Many women seem oblivious to the fact that there are other cars on the road.

randomint

Banned
Sep 16, 2006
Originally posted by: MS Dawn
If women are so bad (driving) why is their insurance cheaper?

why is the sky blue and not green?

why does the earth have one moon and not two?

why is Rosie O'donnell allowed to exist?

ask you can clearly see .. there doesn't have to be a reason for everything.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by: randomint

why is the sky blue and not green?

why does the earth have one moon and not two?

why is Rosie O'donnell allowed to exist?

ask you can clearly see .. there doesn't have to be a reason for everything.

Wow that was random.

The insurance companies spend millions of $$$ into research to calculate risk. Hmmm... :p

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
Good rant. 8/10.

I saw one women behind me the other day talking on her cell phone. So the light turns green, I go, I'm about 30 feet ahead of the car behind me, I notice that they got the cell phone in one hand and are driving very slow, about 15 mph, while either typing in a text message or punching in numbers of some sort.

They get going, next light, now she's putting in text with both fingers. *sigh*

Here's another incident. Grocery store, I pull out, go down the lane, and this car cuts in front of me from in between the isles (where you're not supposed to drive through) and cuts me off about a foot from my bumper, with me screeching on the brakes. Then I look over thinking WTF, and it's a woman driving that rolls down her window and yells F*** YOU! to me! As if I was the one driving like a reckless maniac! I was doing about 10 mph in a parking lot, she must have been doing 25. What blew me away most was not the stupidity of the act itself (I've seen plenty of that from both sexes), but her attitude like she was the one in the right.

That seems to be the chief difference between men and women drivers; a bad man driver usually knows he is driving bad and is doing it because he is angry or some such; bad women drivers seem to not even realize that it's them causing near accidents from not paying attention to the frickin' road, then act like you are the one to blame. I hate to stereotype, and when I first started driving I had an open mind, but over time it seems like a fact that some women just do not have the personality to be behind a 2 ton machine (not skill; personality).

iamaelephant

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2004
Originally posted by: Juddog
That seems to be the chief difference between men and women drivers; a bad man driver usually knows he is driving bad and is doing it because he is angry or some such; bad women drivers seem to not even realize that it's them causing near accidents from not paying attention to the frickin' road, then act like you are the one to blame. I hate to stereotype, and when I first started driving I had an open mind, but over time it seems like a fact that some women just do not have the personality to be behind a 2 ton machine (not skill; personality).

I disagree. Ever seen a thread on ATOT about a guy getting in an accident, or getting a well-deserved speeding ticket? They rarely take responsibility, even when it's clearly their own fault.

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
Originally posted by: iamaelephant
Originally posted by: Juddog

I disagree. Ever seen a thread on ATOT about a guy getting in an accident, or getting a well-deserved speeding ticket? They rarely take responsibility, even when it's clearly their own fault.

I've gotten one speeding tickets in my life, of which I owned up to, and admitted my mistake.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
While we're at it, women are worst at using their car as a weapon. The bigger their freaking vehicles are, the more brazen they are and have less regards for traffic laws.