Illegal immigrant kills naturalized police officer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Yes, in this case it absoltuely did. A man here ILLEGALLY that shouldn't have been here and likely wouldn't have been here without sanctuary laws killed a cop. And you leftists can't even fess up to it, you're so deranged you're choosing this guy over the legal immigrant that contributed to society. It really is sad how powerful TDS is, how warped your thinking becomes.

@Moonbeam Hey Moonie, check it out. The polar opposite of CBD.

There was no indication to anybody that this guy would turn out to be a cop killer & ICE can't take every drunken Mexican busted in CA under their custody. You're asking State authorities to enforce federal law w/o the legal authority to do so.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
What about them? How does that relate to this story? I hope ever SOB in the links you provided faces justice. Your post has nothing to do with an illegal immigrant killing a citizen that gave back to his community.

Because ( In your world) if somebody is going to kill cops and rape women, they DAMN WELL BETTER BE AMERICANS!

Patronize home industry! 1546375641864.gif

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
In the time since the OP started this thread 10 people have died from second hand smoke. It obvious he doesn’t care about Leo’s killed by immigrants.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Doesn't that leave us in the same place? Because of state policy, a fellow who shouldn't have been here and had already been arrested twice, killed a cop to avoid a third DUI.
I don't see any way to put a positive spin on that. Why can't we have an effective and semi logical immigration policy that all of the states adhere to? It's not unreasonable for a nation to control it's borders, it's not unreasonable to deport those that enter illegally and commit crimes. The problem seems to be that we've decided this is a Trump thing and not a United States thing. We hate the message because we hate the messenger.
Immigrants aren't a bad thing, I know a bunch of them, I'm an immigrant. But we need to get past the crazy and into the logic, we need a system that helps others and helps the US. The system we have now has failed completely, it's time to fix it.

Excuse me, but the Feds let all the illegals into California. The State, any State, has no authority to stop them. It's an issue of separate sovereigns, states' rights & separation of powers. States simply cannot enforce immigration law.

Having created this headache for California the Feds now want the State to hold federal prisoners for free, for as long as the Feds want to leave those prisoners in State jails. The Feds don't have a Constitutional leg to stand on & neither does any State who bends to those demands.

Reactions: Perknose

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Cops kill more cops than any other cohort, why post about an isolated incident?

Well unless youre into race baiting. Nah, impossible.

Funny you should say that.

My little brother was just messed with by a Las Vegas PD. He tried to get mouthy with him, until while frisking him, he came across his US Marshal's shield. Then he became contrite, and said "sorry for the confusion".

My brother went straight to the station, and demanded to speak to the watch commander, after he presented his ID. I'm waiting for him to call me back to see how that comes out.

Reactions: Caesar

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Because ( In your world) if somebody is going to kill cops and rape women, they DAMN WELL BETTER BE AMERICANS!

Patronize home industry! View attachment 2035

See, they are stealing jobs from Americans.

And cop killer immigrants don't know about planes, ladders or shovels, so funding a $25B wall project that costs as much as 35 to 40 Hoover Dams just makes sense.

It will be solar powered too, so also makes electricity! Genius. Stable genius.

slide_11.jpg

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Doesn't that leave us in the same place? Because of state policy, a fellow who shouldn't have been here and had already been arrested twice, killed a cop to avoid a third DUI.
I don't see any way to put a positive spin on that. Why can't we have an effective and semi logical immigration policy that all of the states adhere to? It's not unreasonable for a nation to control it's borders, it's not unreasonable to deport those that enter illegally and commit crimes. The problem seems to be that we've decided this is a Trump thing and not a United States thing. We hate the message because we hate the messenger.
Immigrants aren't a bad thing, I know a bunch of them, I'm an immigrant. But we need to get past the crazy and into the logic, we need a system that helps others and helps the US. The system we have now has failed completely, it's time to fix it.

Sanctuary city and state policies predate Trump, they have little to do with him. In fact, sanctuary state policies are part of the bedrock principles that the US is founded on, the sovereignty of states.

Conservatives were big fans of the tenth amendment until liberals used it for things they didn’t like.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
There is an easy solution to this : How about just killing them BEFORE they get the idea to immigrate? Kill them where they live, much easier.. Metaphor wall in their face.

Nov 8, 2012
Sanctuary city and state policies predate Trump, they have little to do with him. In fact, sanctuary state policies are part of the bedrock principles that the US is founded on, the sovereignty of states.

Conservatives were big fans of the tenth amendment until liberals used it for things they didn’t like.

Okay but what are the point of laws at the federal level if states can simply not observe or enforce them? Why even have them?

Want Gun control? Okay, guns require 5 rounds of background checks and 2 rounds of interviews.
Texas: We won't observe that law. You can buy them over the counter here.

Works both ways.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
The great fallacy of this topic, is attributing illegal immigrants to a murderer.

Among ANY population there WILL be criminals, rapists, and murderers. That these people are human should not impress us or cause us great concern. Especially not to the point of generalizing, stereotyping and advocating collective guilt / punishment. I too, want mass immigration into this country stopped, but for other reasons. It should be done openly, and justly. Not with hysterical, racial, undertones where all brown people look the same to you. Do not lump them all together as a group.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Okay but what are the point of laws at the federal level if states can simply not observe or enforce them? Why even have them?

What you should be asking yourself is what’s the point of the 10th amendment if the federal government can commandeer state officials it does not pay and does not command and force them to enforce laws their state does not have.

Federal law is enforced by federal law enforcement, not state police. This state sovereignty is a bedrock principle of the constitution.

Want Gun control? Okay, guns require 5 rounds of background checks and 2 rounds of interviews.
Texas: We won't observe that law. You can buy them over the counter here.

Works both ways.

Texas does not enforce federal gun laws, they enforce Texas gun laws. Texas is free to make selling guns over the counter legal all they want but anyone doing so is risking a hefty federal prison sentence. When that happens though it will be the ATF or FBI that arrests them, not the Texas Rangers.

Edit: all sanctuary cities are are cities that decline to use state resources to enforce federal law. Nothing is stopping the Feds from doing it.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

And we're still right back where we started. The state protected a criminal and that criminal killed a cop. That's bad policy.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Don't be bringing facts into this. It's a real buzzkill for the Wall! ravers & Trump devotees. They'll take their children & grandchildren to see the glorious Wall! that solved America's problems & restored the White Race to its former glory. They're dreaming of the day, anyhow.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
And we're still right back where we started. The state protected a criminal and that criminal killed a cop. That's bad policy.

Only if we are rating policies purely by their worst outcomes. You could say the same thing about parole - someone gets paroled and then kills someone. Should we eliminate parole?

Cities are declining to expend resources to enforce irrational and pointless immigration laws. We should concentrate on making our immigration laws saner, not wondering why more people don’t want to jump onboard with them.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
:rolleyes:

Which of these two situations is better?

A) Five cops were killed this month, four by citizens that disregarded the law and one by an illegal alien that shouldn't have been here but was due to sanctuary laws.

B) Four cops were killed this month by citizens that disregarded the law.

They all seem equally shitty. I'm not sure why a needless death is any less shitty than any other. Do you tell the family of police officers, who were killed by US citizens, "sorry about your loss but at least they died at the hands of their fellow American"?

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Only if we are rating policies purely by their worst outcomes. You could say the same thing about parole - someone gets paroled and then kills someone. Should we eliminate parole?

Cities are declining to expend resources to enforce irrational and pointless immigration laws. We should concentrate on making our immigration laws saner, not wondering why more people don’t want to jump onboard with them.
I don't know what you mean by "saner". How are the laws no sane now?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

You gotta get with the spirit of the whole thing. Fuck those illegals, and fuck California for not fucking them! Fuck the Dreamers & all the people we ever let in as asylum seekers! Fuck the green card holders & the naturalized citizens if they didn't do it perfectly! Reach back decades to fuck them all! Fuck their wives & their American citizen rugrats, too! Fuck 'em all & fuck anybody who looks like them! Fuck the Libs & all the Enemies of the People!

Hail Trump, the Savior of the White Race! Feel the Freedom!