If you do rebates read this. Rebate house defaulting on checks.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

aba4430

Apr 21, 2007
Called Behr Paints rebate number. They said to go and deposit/cash the check and it would be honored. Called Advance Auto Parts - they said not to cash the check as it would most likely bounce. They said that they would be sending replacement checks out within 30 days and to call if check was not received. I am sure I will have to call..........

Elvis2

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2001
Does anyone know if eVGA is involved in this cluster f***? I got in on Fry's eVGA 9600gt SSC for $120.00 minus $59.00 rebate and bought a pair. That was two months ago. You send the rebate info directly to eVGA. I have to say their customer support is top notch and their looking into it however the last email I recieved from them on Friday requested varification of my mailing address. C'mon, I have at least a half dozen products (graphics cards, motherboards registered with them all under the same address) but its cool. I'm sure they'll make good. I'm waiting on the outcome of this to determine if I go with eVGA's X58 board or back to Asus I go...

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Elvis2
Does anyone know if eVGA is involved in this cluster f***? I got in on Fry's eVGA 9600gt SSC for $120.00 minus $59.00 rebate and bought a pair. That was two months ago. You send the rebate info directly to eVGA. I have to say their customer support is top notch and their looking into it however the last email I recieved from them on Friday requested varification of my mailing address. C'mon, I have at least a half dozen products (graphics cards, motherboards registered with them all under the same address) but its cool. I'm sure they'll make good. I'm waiting on the outcome of this to determine if I go with eVGA's X58 board or back to Asus I go...

See if the information from above applies:

"The easiest way to see if you are affected, is to check copies of rebate materials you have submitted recently, which have not yet been fulfilled. You keep copies, right? Take a look at the destination address. The department and name of the recepient will vary depending on the brand of the product that carried the rebate, but the address will most likely have the following in it:

P.O. Box 52900 (or P.O. Box 52911)
Phoenix, AZ 85072-2900

CPG main website for checking upon your rebate is www.rebatestatus.com. If you see this site as point of contact on the rebate, you may be affected."

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

I've had no issues (nor have I heard of any) with eVGA rebates. I just received two and deposited them with no issues at all.

Elvis2

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2001
Thanks for the heads up :) .
I just recieved an email from Kyle @ eVGA saying they apologize for the inconvenience and are cancelling the old check and reissuing a new one. They really are a great company. All vendors are good as long as everything goes smoothly. It's not until you have a problem and how it's resolved, that determines how great (or terrible) they are to do business with.

Pardus

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2000
For all rebates checks that bounced from Zerotherm www.zerotherm.net or Megavision - www.megavisionsys and issued by Continental Promotion Group (CPG) - www.rebatestatus.com

They can be reached by calling 866-550-0822, there is a bunch of menu's to go though till someone finally answers.

Mail a copy of you bank statement - use a marker to blackout checking account numbers. and a letter noting the bounced check+your bank fee to:

CPG
P.O. Box 52901
Phoenix, Arizona 85072
Att: Customer Service

They are aware that 100's of check's are bouncing and will issue refunds, you do not need to resubmit your rebate back to megavision as i was originally told by newegg.

The attorney general office in Arizona is aware of this and a class-action lawsuit is pending.

If you haven't cashed your CPG check, don't, photocopy it and send it the above address for a valid check.

Personally, companies that offer rebates do so for the sole purpose of hoping you won't mail in the rebate or they can find some way to deny it even if it means bankruptcy. Just another scam to rip someone off. I won't be buying anything with a rebate from here on, it's just too much of a hassle to wait 12 weeks for a lousy $10 check.

edit-when sending in the claim, be sure to include
* short letter outlining the problem, don't be rude
* printout of the invoice
* copy of rebate form filled out
* copy of bank statement about the "Stop Payment" check and the bank fee-be sure to marker out account numbers and other totals
* copy of the front and back of the returned check

mailed in my claim for the $10 rebate check + $20 bounce check fee, will let you know what happens.

Karaktu

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Apr 24, 2002
Originally posted by: Engineer

I've had no issues (nor have I heard of any) with eVGA rebates. I just received two and deposited them with no issues at all.

AFAIK, all eVGA rebates are handled by www.rebateshq.com and are paid via post card checks.

The CPG rebates come as actual checks that you have to tear three sides off to open.

jrichrds

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Thanks for the heads up :) .
I just recieved an email from Kyle @ eVGA saying they apologize for the inconvenience and are cancelling the old check and reissuing a new one. They really are a great company. All vendors are good as long as everything goes smoothly. It's not until you have a problem and how it's resolved, that determines how great (or terrible) they are to do business with.
Seems like you're just creating more trouble for yourself, as there are no issues with the rebate house handling eVGA rebates.

AmongthechosenX

Aug 10, 2008
I called TrendNet Rebates after reading this.

If yo usent your rebate to White Bear Lake, MN, youre good to go.

if you sent it to arizona, dont cash any checks you get from them, and take all your copied materials, and write "second attempt" on them, including all papers inside, and the envelope, and mail here:

Trendnet
Offer # H232195
P.O. Box 100451
White Bear Lake, MN 55110

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
Received a rebate from Cannon along with a letter. Seems that they were using this outfit, but made good on the rebate anyway. Assured me that the check was OK to deposit.

Whew! It was for $125!

Andrew1990

Banned
Mar 8, 2008
Originally posted by: Zap
Update on BFG rebates:

http://www.bfgtech.com/importantrebate.aspx

The gist of it is that if you have NOT YET mailed your CPG rebate, mail it to the following address:

BFG Technologies, Inc.
Mail-In-Rebate Redemption
28690 Ballard Drive
Lake Forest, IL 60045

Well this is funny, I emailed BFG and they told me to send my rebate to WordWide Rebates and not BFG.

Andy, Thank you for contacting us. Please use the mail in rebate form provided by tigerdirect.com and send your documentation to worldwiderebate. The terms and conditions should give you all the details on how long it takes and how to follow up if you have any questions. Kind regards,

From: Andy Schultz [mailto:xxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com] Sent: Fri 12/12/2008 10:31 PM To: Sales Subject: Rebate of BFG 9800GT OC+ Video Card Hello, I am just emailing you as I am a bit confused on the rebate process. I bought a BFG 9800GT OC+ 2 from tigerdirect.com and it came with a $30 rebate. I have read that the rebate house that was processing these no longer have the funds to process new rebates. I read on your site here, http://www.bfgtech.com/importantrebate.aspx that I should directly send the rebate papers to your headquarters in Illinois. Do I send the rebate form the rebate house was using, and if not what do I send? Also, how long should the rebate take? I reside in Illinois so it should take to long in the mail to get to and from your offices.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: drextremeops007
What do you do if you have already sent in the form, but have not recieved any check? --this pertains to BFG rebates.

That information was posted by Zap early on in this thread 11/19/2008 07:23 PM .

May 17, 2007
ok. I just got a email notification from rebatestatus that my BFG rebate submission was received (weird coz I sent out the rebate in October and it takes 2 months??). The expected mail date for the check is in Feb'09. What should I do when I receive the check? Notify BFG to swap the check??

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: drextremeops007
ok. I just got a email notification from rebatestatus that my BFG rebate submission was received (weird coz I sent out the rebate in October and it takes 2 months??). The expected mail date for the check is in Feb'09. What should I do when I receive the check? Notify BFG to swap the check??

Cash it. Please read Zap's post in this thread 11/19/2008 07:23 PM.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: highpoint
Has anyone received a valid check from Antec since this mess started.

Still waiting...been about 5 months since I sent it in originally and about 5 weeks since I forwarded copies to Antec.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Just received my $30 rebate from Antec. About 5 to 6 months in the making, but Antec is starting to send replacement rebates now! :)

Twofootputt

Jan 2, 2004
BFG came through for me. Sent in a $40 MIR for a BFG 800W PSU about two days before this hit the fan on 11/11/2008. I was kissing the $$ goodbye, no reply at rebatestatus.com, no luck finding submission on website. Got an email a couple of days ago from WorldWideRebates.com acknowledging receipt of rebate & 6-10 more weeks of waiting. Complete with PDF's of my documents.

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
hmm, i have some rebates coming, ill need to check if they are through this group or worldwiderebates

JDub02

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2002
just deposited a rebate check from logitech today. it actually processed fairly quickly. i'm curious to see if it clears.

skillyho

Golden Member
Nov 6, 2005
I've been waiting since July of last year for my Antec rebate. I resubmitted the required info as directed by the reps @ Antec on two different occasions (end of November & end of December). Still nothing here....I did call and spoke with an Antec rep who assured me the checks would be coming out at the end of Jan beginning of Feb so I can just hope mine is on the way even though it's already March.

Anyone with questions about your rebate with Antec should contact Melissa Moore (mmoore@antec.com) for status info.

Andrew1990

Banned
Mar 8, 2008
Well, I think I shouldnt depend on my BFG rebate. I have been trying to get word from BFG and they said they are working it out, then one week later they are playing the dumb game and treat me as though they never received emails from me concerning my rebate.

This is the last time that I buy through BFG if this is how they treat me.

XFX ALL THE WAY!!!

jamesroberts

Dec 21, 2006
Antec: I had sent my rebate info to Ms. Moore in early November, both per attachment and in hard copy, and nothing for four months. Finally put it a BBB complaint with threat to go to State Attorney's office and FTC, and voila, they ponied up. In other forums, there is confirmation that that is about the only way to get them to honor the rebate.

Originally posted by: skillyho
I've been waiting since July of last year for my Antec rebate. I resubmitted the required info as directed by the reps @ Antec on two different occasions (end of November & end of December). Still nothing here....I did call and spoke with an Antec rep who assured me the checks would be coming out at the end of Jan beginning of Feb so I can just hope mine is on the way even though it's already March.

Anyone with questions about your rebate with Antec should contact Melissa Moore (mmoore@antec.com) for status info.

May 17, 2007
An update
My rebate was also affected by the CPG debacle. Of course, they did not do anything else after receiving my rebate submission. I was pretty patient and I waited till the 12 weeks before contacting BFG directly. I attached my rebate submission to them and within a week, they issue me a rebate check.

^to Andrew: try contacting them again and be nice and courteous. I am sure they will try to make it for you.