If you do rebates read this. Rebate house defaulting on checks.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jonnyGURU

Moderator <BR> Power Supplies
Oct 30, 1999
Originally posted by: cuti7399
wonder what this will do to the black Friday sales?

I'm sure everyone will have whatever rebate house the use switched up by then. They can't really neg on their offers because those have already been submitted, so they have to suck it up and pay another rebate house to process all of the potential rebates. :(

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I just received this from Antec....

As for your unissued check, we are waiting for CPG to forward all the customer rebate information so we can process the rebates here at Antec. Thank you for your patience as this all gets sorted out.

Looks like you'll need to wait a tad if you have already submitted your rebate but no check has been issued yet. Good luck.

michec

Feb 1, 2001
I received this from Apricorn:

Hi Mike,

We are currently in the process of moving to another rebate house and will be forwarding our rebate submissions to be processed there. Your rebate submission will be processed by our new rebate house and should be pretty seamless on your end.

We are working hard to make sure that our customers rebates are taken care of.

Sincerely,
Michelle Fischer
Apricorn Marketing Manager
mfischer@apricorn.com
858-513-4480 Office
858-513-4410 Fax
www.apricorn.com

The Leader in Personal Storage

edited to show Apricorn instead of Acronis - sorry!

Mermaidman

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Originally posted by: Mermaidman
I learned this news from Tech's OT thread. Anyway, checked the link for Logitech and apparently, if you have an uncashed check for Logitech, it's still valid as per this:
http://forums.logitech.com/log..._date_ascending&page=2
I hate to quote myself, but perhaps it'll help. I just called the bank from which the rebate check was issued (Stearns Bank in AZ). The CSR told me that she cannot provide any information as to whether the account has enough funds, and to contact Logitech. Apparently, Stearns Bank has received quite a few inquiries about the checks.

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
I had a rebate check from Nextar just come back as bounced and they are (were) with CPG.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
From SlickDeals on Logitech....

Note About Mail-In Rebates

Recently, Logitech learned that one of our business partners for issuing mail-in rebate checks in the United States and Canada has encountered financial difficulties. The good news is that we are working to minimize any inconvenience to you:

* If you have a mail-in rebate check for a Logitech product, you should be able to deposit it without any issues.
* If you are waiting for a mail-in rebate check for a Logitech product, it should arrive on time or be delayed by a week at the most.
* If you are about to apply for a mail-in rebate for a Logitech product, go ahead and do so ? the process does not change. You can use the address you have now or it might be slightly faster to use this new address:

Logitech Rebates
P.O. Box 540004
Dept. #: (use the same dept number as on the rebate coupon/PDF form)
El Paso, TX 88554-0004

If you want to check on status for your mail-in rebate, please use the process outlined below:
How to check the status of your mail-in rebate

There are two ways to check the status of your mail-in rebate: by phone or online. Remember, it's always a good idea to make photocopies of all materials submitted and keep those copies for your records!

If you prefer to call, please check your product rebate form for a telephone number located in the Terms and Conditions section. This number will put you in direct contact with our carefully-screened rebate fulfillment partners, who will work to provide you with the most accurate information and best customer service possible.

If you would like to continue checking your rebate status online, please follow the steps below. This is the fastest and most convenient way to check status, however because we use multiple fulfillment partners, we need to verify certain information on your rebate form to ensure that you are directed to the correct partner website. Please make a note of the following:
Any US or Canadian Retailer or E-tailer (except Staples USA, Staples Canada, Bureau En Gros, or Business Depot Canada):
Address format on mail-in rebate:
USA:
Dept. XXXX
Logitech Rebates
P.O. Box 134
Niagara Falls, NY 14302-0134
- or -
Dept. XXXXX
Courrier à : Logitech Rebates
PO Box 979
Fonthill, ON L0S 1E0
Customer service #: 1-866-533-6880
Website address: http://logitech.rebatestatus.com

For Staples USA only:
xxxx Promo Name xxxx
05-xxxxx
PO Box 028509
Miami, FL 33102-8509
Customer service #: 1-877-755-3837
Website address: http://www.rebateshq.com

For Staples Canada, Bureau En Gros, or Business Depot Canada only:
Dept. xxxx xxxx
Promo Name xxxx
PO BOX 1210
Welland, Ontario L3B 5N9
Canada
Customer service #: 1-866-464-1122
Website address (English): http://staples.rebatestatus.ca
Website address (French): http://bureauengros.monrabais.ca

Mail in rebate FAQs:

Q: I´ve misplaced my receipt, how can I get my rebate?
A: Most retailers can reprint a receipt, especially if you paid with a credit card and know your exact purchase date.

Q: Should I send a copy of my receipt and keep the original?
A: Please review the terms and conditions of your rebate form. If you are required to send the original, please do so and always keep a copy of the original for your records.

Q: My rebate form says "please send the original UPC" ? what does this mean?
A: The UPC is the black & white "bar code" found on our packaging. It is a unique reference per product, and there is only one per package. Logitech uses this code as proof of purchase, and to confirm that the product has not been returned to the retailer. If you´re unsure of where to locate the UPC, please contact us at 702-269-3457.

Q: I forgot to send in for my rebate and now it has expired. If I send it in late, will I be able to get my rebate?
A: We carefully identify our terms and conditions on each rebate, and base those terms on industry standards. We want to offer enough time for each customer to redeem our mail-in rebates, so we identify a fair time frame for postmarking of the mail-in rebate (the postmark date is identified as the date the post office stamps on your envelope, not the date when the fulfillment house receives your request). If the postmark date stated in the rebate terms and conditions has passed, unfortunately you will not qualify.

Q: I checked the status of my rebate, or just received a post card informing me that my rebate is invalid. What do I need to do to receive my rebate?
A: Our rebate fulfillment partner will always be able to provide you the reason why it has been denied. Some examples: missing information, missed postmark date, incorrect product mail-in rebate form, etcetera. If there is any problem, please contact our rebate fulfillment partners above. They always keep all the documents they receive, but your copy of your receipt and rebate form will be useful in resolving any dispute.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: GoPackGo
I had a rebate check from Nextar just come back as bounced and they are (were) with CPG.

Added Nextar to the list with a * (* = from this thread).

msi1337

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
my Antec check bounced (I didnt know it was bad at the time)

now I am out $30 and a $10 bounced check fee

spoke with Antec and they seemed semi helpful, but they may not honor my request since I dont have copies of the original rebate paperwork.

edplayer

Platinum Member
Sep 13, 2002
Originally posted by: msi1337
my Antec check bounced (I didnt know it was bad at the time)

now I am out $30 and a $10 bounced check fee

spoke with Antec and they seemed semi helpful, but they may not honor my request since I dont have copies of the original rebate paperwork.

You should look into what obligations a person or company has that writes a check. Whether or not you have the original rebate paperwork is not important. If they know that you are a person that understands their rights, they would prefer to pay your rebate and any fees incurred by the check not clearing instead of having to be told to do so by a judge.

Leon

Platinum Member
Nov 14, 1999
My Antec $40 P180 rebate was bounced, hit with $19 fee. Going to bank tomorrow, hopefully will get the fee removed

Thanks for the e-mail Engineer.

RallyMaster

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2004
Originally posted by: Yellowbeard
Just to clarify for Corsair, we DO NOT use this rebate house.

I was getting worried for my memory rebate until I read this. Thanks a lot Yellowbeard!

crippledgiant

Aug 22, 2001
Thanks allisolm and Engineer! I emailed Antec. They got right back to me on a $50 NeoHe rebate from rebatestatus. They had me send the submission forms (I had made pdf. copies). via attachment in reply email. -They even emailed back "Got them" within 15 minutes.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: crippledgiant
Thanks allisolm and Engineer! I emailed Antec. They got right back to me on a $50 NeoHe rebate from rebatestatus. They had me send the submission forms (I had made pdf. copies). via attachment in reply email. -They even emailed back "Got them" within 15 minutes.

LOL, I posted the e-mail mainly for those that received checks that weren't cashable or bounced. However, I didn't contact them about my unfulfilled rebate because they told me that they would take care of it on their own. I e-mailed them tonight (out of curiosity) and they e-mailed me back within 5 minutes asking for copies of the docs. I sent them in and I received a confirmation that they were received and would be sent to the right department within 5 minutes. That's fast service! :)

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
If you have an Antec rebate, please follow the directions here.

Antec Mail-In Rebate

Antec would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused by the Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection filing of our rebate fulfillment company. Due to this event CPG are no longer handling our rebates, and we would like to thank you for your patience while we address this unexpected and unfortunate situation. Starting immediately, all information will need to be processed through Antec directly for approval and payment of our mail-in rebates.

If you have a valid rebate which you have not yet submitted:

Please do not submit it to the address listed on the rebate form. Instead, please send all required materials to:

ANTEC, Inc.
Attn.: Rebate Processing
47900 Fremont Blvd.
Fremont, CA 94538

If you have received a rebate check and have it in your possession::

Do not deposit or cash it. CPG has placed a stop payment on all checks they sent out. You will need to send in the following:

Copies of both sides of the original issued check
Copies of your original rebate submission paperwork
Please mail this information to:
ANTEC, Inc.
Attn.: Replacement Rebate
47900 Fremont Blvd.
Fremont, CA 94538
Alternately, you may email scans of the information to rebateproblems@antec.com.
Please include the phrase ?Replacement Rebate? in the Subject line.

If you deposited your rebate check and it was returned to you unpaid:

You will need to send in the following:

Copies of both sides of the refused/returned check (you may need to contact your bank for scans of both sides of the check)
Copies of your original rebate submission paperwork
ANTEC, Inc.
Attn.: Payment Refused
47900 Fremont Blvd.
Fremont, CA 94538
Alternately, you may email scans of the information to rebateproblems@antec.com.
Please include the phrase ?Payment Refused? in the Subject line.

If you have previously submitted your rebate claim but not heard back from CPG:

You will need to send in the following:

Copies of all original rebate submission materials
ANTEC, Inc.
Attn.: Rebate Overdue
47900 Fremont Blvd.
Fremont, CA 94538
Please include the phrase ?Rebate Overdue? in the Subject line.

Thank you. We appreciate your business, and thank you for your understanding regarding this unexpected and unfortunate situation.

Blain

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I just emailed off my documentation for the $30.00 Antec "Stop Payment" check returned.

So others know what I sent...
1. Short note outlining the problem.
2. Scan of the Newegg invoice from the EA-430
3. Scan of Antec $30.00 rebate form (filled out)
4. Scan of my bank statement about the $30.00 "Stop Payment" check and the $7.00 fee
5 Scans of the front and back sides of the returned check

The whole PDF file was less than 2MBs, so I hope it doesn't get bounced.

crimson117

Platinum Member
Aug 25, 2001
I'm scared now... I have a rebate pending, but I don't have a copy of the UPC code.

In my opinion, Antec is liable if RebateStatus.com doesn't pay up. It shouldn't be my fault that Antec's contractor stiffed them. They could have been like MSI and done their rebates in house.

bryawn

Dec 3, 2008
Originally posted by: Captante
Just got a $20 rebate from Panda last month & fortunately it cleared just fine ... guess I got lucky!

You might want to double check with your bank. I got a $20 check from Panda and it appeared to clear. After about two weeks it came back with a stop payment and a $19 bank charge for the stop payment.

In my view, Panda owes me $39, although so far they have been non-responsive. Swell.

NoRAM4U

Dec 10, 2004
So, am I understanding this correctly in that CPG is NOT the same rebate processing company that has the El Paso, TX address?

I'm waiting on two rebates from Samsung that were sent to El Paso.

tw33ter

Jul 5, 2005
I just sent a rebate in to the XFX Redemption Services in Bridgeport, NJ. On the rebate it has checkmyrebate.com listed, are they affected too, or not related to rebatestatus.com?

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Received the following email for my Logitech rebate being processed by CPG. I have not contacted them so this came to me unsolicited. When I clicked the email link it could not find my rebate by tracking number but it did find it when I used the search by name option.

To: Lanyap
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 4:34 AM
Subject: Your Logitech Rebate Information

Dear Lanyap,

We just wanted to let you know we have received your rebate submission for Logitech CPG Import File - Valids.

Your rebate tracking number is: 3057#####

To check your rebate status just click on http://www.rebatetrack.com/pro...track_number=3057#####

Please be sure to keep a copy of your tracking number for future reference.

Thank you for your purchase. We look forward to serving you again.

Sincerely,
Your Rebate Center

You will be unable to reply to this email because it has been automatically generated. You have not been added to an email list. This message was sent in response to your rebate submission and will be the only email you will receive about this rebate.

Tracking Results: Status Details
Rebate: $15.00 Check
Rebate Information For: Lanyap zipcode
Promotion: Logitech CPG Import File - Valids
Submission Type: PAPERLESS
Date Received: 12-05-2008
Status Detail: Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing.

EDIT (12/06): I received a second email with a different tracking number and it worked.

EDIT (12/20): Recevied Logitech rebate check on 12/18.

Also mailed copies of two Antec rebates to Antec this past week for rebates that CPG received but did not send out check.