If I wanted to leave the US

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SampSon

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
:roll:
A thinly veiled attempted to diss on America.

If you want to bitch about America, I hear Canada, California and France are great this time of year.

ubercaffeinated

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2002
Originally posted by: SampSon

If you want to bitch about America, I hear Canada, California and France are great this time of year.

Don't be jealous when Californians seize control of the moon and we fire our laser guns at your butt and go "pewpewpew" with our Gundams. And then Anand will write a review about California being the best.

Lurknomore

Golden Member
Jul 3, 2005
Las Vegas???
West Texas (East , esp. Houston, absorbed alot of the welfare folk, er, Katrina victims).

jai6638

Golden Member
Apr 9, 2004
High living costs and inflation would negate the advantage of having no taxes. Hence, please be aware of the issues that Dubai faces before moving there. Pm me if you have more questions about Dubai.. Its not as good as it seems from a living standpoint although it is great for a vacation..

May 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Amplifier
Originally posted by: rdubbz420
Originally posted by: spidey07
yeah, good luck with that.

you just listed what MAKES america.

circa 1905

yeah the usa was great before then, if you weren't black or indian or asian.:roll:

are you trying to derail my thread?

1905 represents most closely the country I'd like to be a part of and I dont have a flux compassitor to get there.

Yup, that was a great era all right. Women kept silent and at home; niggs, chinks, micks, injuns, etc kept out of regular society; robber barons exploiting the workers and killing them when they tried to organize for basic human rights; at will rape of natural resources with no consideration for the future or well being of those involved...

Congratulations on representing what is absolutely worst in human beings.

ubercaffeinated

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2002
Originally posted by: PrinceofWands

circa 1905

yeah the usa was great before then, if you weren't black or indian or asian.:roll:

1905 represents most closely the country I'd like to be a part of and I dont have a flux compassitor to get there.

Yup, that was a great era all right. Women kept silent and at home; niggs, chinks, micks, injuns, etc kept out of regular society; robber barons exploiting the workers and killing them when they tried to organize for basic human rights; at will rape of natural resources with no consideration for the future or well being of those involved...

Kinda sounds like modern times, except our horizons have expanded!

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: SampSon

how is this a dis on america? if anything, it's a dis on republicans for constantly suggesting democrats "leave if they don't like it."

May 16, 2000
Originally posted by: makoto00

circa 1905

Yeah, but at least some progress was made in the 20th century - even if it's currently being lost again. It showed that people could eventually stand to the wealthy or ignorant and demand their rights (even if those involved caved only to government pressures and not individual ones).

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
Monaco is incredable, but you need to be loaded to move there. If you have some bank though it is incredable.

Sounds like a lot of people here dissin' have never even seen what a passport looks like, would be nice to just delete their posts.

AgentJean

Banned
Jun 7, 2006
Antartica. No one has claimed it so you can form your own nation, with your own government, laws, and military.

If you ever declare war on the French sector, I'll enlist. We can take a battalion of penguins and crush the frogs :D

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: makoto00

circa 1905

Yeah, but at least some progress was made in the 20th century - even if it's currently being lost again. It showed that people could eventually stand to the wealthy or ignorant and demand their rights (even if those involved caved only to government pressures and not individual ones).

yeah but look how far the "demanding of rights" has gotten us (or rather, set us backward)... insane retirement costs (UAW, for example), clear biases in the judicial system (sexual offenses committed by men/women and respective sentencing)...

axelfox

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
Here's what I'm looking for:

-Very low taxes
-No entitlement or welfare programs
-Strong rights (basically the constitution minus the supreme courts interpretation)
-Very business friendly
-Language isn't important

The best match I've came up with so far is Hong Kong, but it's too hot and too close to China. I'd prefer a place with a nice beach, maybe Cuba if they became capitalists.

Worldly atoters what alternatives are there to America?

then who would interpret it? lower courts?