I'd welcome a nice well intentioned groping

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Oh no, you can grope me. That's fine.

emoticon1%20(119).gif

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Lack of any responses to the Craigslist ad resulting in a feeling of rejection which ultimately leads to deep depression and intense self loathing. That's the worst I can think of at the moment anyway.
I think a person would be crazy to invite groping on CL. However, there are instances where a person advertizes for sex and has great results. I read an obituary on October 28 or so for Jane Juska, who posted this in the New York Review of Books:

"Before I turn 67 next March, I would like to have a lot of sex with a man I like. If you want to talk first, Trollope works for me."

The obit went on:

"The ad was a success, leading to numerous flings -- with men of all ages -- that changed her life..."

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I think a person would be crazy to invite groping on CL. However, there are instances where a person advertizes for sex and has great results. I read an obituary on October 28 or so for Jane Juska, who posted this in the New York Review of Books:

"Before I turn 67 next March, I would like to have a lot of sex with a man I like. If you want to talk first, Trollope works for me."

The obit went on:

"The ad was a success, leading to numerous flings -- with men of all ages -- that changed her life..."

I applaud you for providing me with a serious response to this thread. Most people on here aren't taking me seriously. It's as if the words I type seem satirical to them. Words their feeble minds can only comprehend on the surface. You dig deeper into their intrinsic meanings and make a connection with my posts that others fail to comprehend.

You, sir... can grope me.

Reactions: Perknose

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I applaud you for providing me with a serious response to this thread. Most people on here aren't taking me seriously. It's as if the words I type seem satirical to them. Words their feeble minds can only comprehend on the surface. You dig deeper into their intrinsic meanings and make a connection with my posts that others fail to comprehend.

You, sir... can grope me.
You should follow the link in my post to the obit in the SF Chronicle. In it they talk about how she wrote a book about the adventure. It would likely give you a lot of real good ideas. Besides, the obit is a fascinating read. I clipped it out of the newspaper, something I rarely do but do on occasion if a story is great and I want to read it again.

I live in the same town she lived in but never met her, didn't know about her until she died, which was a few weeks ago.

Yes, I take you seriously.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Just turn out the lights. Groping is sure to ensue. "Well-intentioned" groping at that.
True story:

I still work volunteer at an organization I've been with for decades. Way back when I was a newbie I struck up a friendship with a lady volunteer there. We wound up in my bed one night (with clothes on). I believe the lights were off and she suddenly said to me out of nowhere: "Can I molest you?" There had been no sexual component to our relationship so far, so it came as something of a shock. I thought for a second and said "no," and that was the end of it.

It was the way she put it. The word "molest" has bad connotations. If she had put it another way I might have responded differently. I sometimes think I should have instead said "what do you have in mind?," but I didn't have the wit at the time. Funny how many things have happened in my life that I think about later and think of different things I might/should have said than what I did say... if I'd only had the wit at the time!

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
True story:

I still work volunteer at an organization I've been with for decades. Way back when I was a newbie I struck up a friendship with a lady volunteer there. We wound up in my bed one night (with clothes on). I believe the lights were off and she suddenly said to me out of nowhere: "Can I molest you?" There had been no sexual component to our relationship so far, so it came as something of a shock. I thought for a second and said "no," and that was the end of it.
This is the saddest story I have ever heard. :(

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
This is the saddest story I have ever heard. :(
No, no. It is sad, yes. I lost contact with her, she moved on. She had a very long strong resume in professional radio and no doubt got a job elsewhere, a paying one. I'm strictly volunteer at my station. I have several far sadder stories, believe me! :)