I want a Cheetoh cat

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
:rolleyes:

Over here they're called Bengals, and they're pretty expensive.

138389131_full.jpg

gertrudeback3weeks.jpg

They're supposed to be similar to Bengals, but with a less high-strung / more lap-cat temperament.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Ok that's either a 'chop or a regular tabby painted to look like a cheetah? It looks like Morris The Cat had sex with a Cheetah. If that's an actual breed I want one too cos that shit looks hilarious.

thats nothin
savannah-cat-a1-1.jpg

savannah-kitty.jpg

magic%20f1%20savannah%20cat%20and%20girl.jpg

Gibsons

Lifer
Aug 14, 2001
:rolleyes:

Over here they're called Bengals, and they're pretty expensive.
According to the link, these are half bengal.

What kind of cat is a Cheetoh?

The Cheetoh comes from the crossing of specific registered cats from the Ocicat breed and specific registered cats from Bengal breed. The Cheetoh has true jungle linage from the Asian Leopard cat and is a very muscular cat that is athletic, graceful and lithe. The Cheetoh has a stalking, low-shouldered walk that is common both in the Ocicat and the wild jungle cats, but is not typically exhibited in other domestic cats. The spotted and/or rosetted spotted appearance with the large eyes and ears, enhances this distinctive wild look. The coat of the Cheetoh, sleek and shiny, is another of its distinguishing attributes. The fur is very short and thick, yet soft and velvety and is quite similar in nature to the fur of the jungle cats.

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
Wow some cool looking cats in this thread... makes me want one, but that price tag seems so high when there are needy cats at the local SPCA that I can pick up for free.

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001

We rescued a marble bengal for a little while. He turned out to be too much of a bully for our other domestic cats though, so we found him a nice home where he can be lavished with attention as the only cat.

According to the link, these are half bengal.
Yeah, nothing in their physical description really sets it apart from the standard bengal though. Many breeders create their F1 bengal line from ocicat + asian leopard cat in the first place. I think, as another poster mentioned, the big difference is temperament and more inclination be to be lap cat. If they're good lap cats, chances are they're also much more relaxed generally (or maybe mine is just a spaz).

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
We rescued a marble bengal for a little while. He turned out to be too much of a bully for our other domestic cats though, so we found him a nice home where he can be lavished with attention as the only cat.

Yeah, nothing in their physical description really sets it apart from the standard bengal though. Many breeders create their F1 bengal line from ocicat + asian leopard cat in the first place. I think, as another poster mentioned, the big difference is temperament and more inclination be to be lap cat. If they're good lap cats, chances are they're also much more relaxed generally (or maybe mine is just a spaz).

When you say rescued, do you mean one was available at the local SPCA / pet shelter or did you get it from someone you know?

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
When you say rescued, do you mean one was available at the local SPCA / pet shelter or did you get it from someone you know?

Got it from someone we know. The owners contacted our breeder who put out an email SOS. Their next stop was the pound.

sjwaste

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2000
Interesting...specifically a bengal/ocicat cross. I have a bengal. Rambunctious as hell.

Here's him wrestling with our friend's 100+ lbs GSD.

That's a cool looking cat. A friend of mine has one. It mostly avoids strangers and is really noisy. Hilarious.

You sure that GSD is 100 lbs though? That's rather large for that breed.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
sjwaste, I'm honestly not that surprised. For some reason I've seen a lot of really big GSDs lately. One of my ex's friends has a HUGE dog. He's easily over 100lbs and not overweight for his size.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
I'd definitely pay $800 for such a beautiful cat. IMO Bengals are one of the coolest looking cats, period.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
How much do you spend for a set of golf clubs? :hmm:

well, I spend $0 for golf clubs b/c golf is gay....

but I also would not pay $800 for a cat. ...but I thought those were more expensive?

Those toyger cats can cost $2,000, I think? D: