techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Trickle down theory is a failure.

It's time to try Trickle Up.

Supply side economics has failed.

Its time to try demand side economics.

Feb 4, 2009
I wouldn't say it's completely fail but obviously it hasn't been working lately, its time to pull new levers for new results.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
I wouldn't say it's completely fail but obviously it hasn't been working lately, its time to pull new levers for new results.

It is absolutely a COMPLETE and UNDENIABLE failure. More than that it was obviously just a lie passed down by the Repub leaders in order to rob the rest of the country.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007

Where is the money to "trickle up" going to come from?

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
So 30 years later you don't like it? Funny, we all enjoyed in the 80's, 90's and 2000's. A bubble-burst in the housing market makes everyone all of a sudden hate the tax breaks for the upper and middle classes.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
So 30 years later you don't like it? Funny, we all enjoyed in the 80's, 90's and 2000's. A bubble-burst in the housing market makes everyone all of a sudden hate the tax breaks for the upper and middle classes.

No, offshoring money, outsourcing during record profits, insider trading, back room deals, etc etc etc and we don't like it.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000

Uh, we didn't enjoy it.

We did enjoy some good times like when Reagan allowed the savings and loans to recklessly lend a ton of money. We didn't enjoy bailing them out. etc etc

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000

or maybe it is the bad monetary policies of our government that has caused the value of the dollar to fall so much that it negates the benefits of tax cuts.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
That has nothing at all to do with tax rates.

Actually it has everything to do with it. The same people getting filthy rich doing the stuff I listed are asking for these tax breaks and, gasp, government provided economic benefits....and none of that money is flowing downhill like it was supposed to.

"The term has been attributed to humorist Will Rogers, who said during the Great Depression that "money was all appropriated for the top in hopes that it would trickle down to the needy"

So our party took a joke told during the Depression, pointing out that the wealthy would never send money downhill unless forced to, and turned it into economic policy. This is what I keep telling you man, our party is betraying this country. What they are doing is treason.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Neoliberalism is the cult of the elites. Sad so many are brainwashed by the corporate culture that props it up that many embrace in genuine hope at a good life through working hard.

This is where the whole Thomas Jefferson "informed citizenry" comes back to smack us upside the head for letting a few elites control the message/debate for so many.

Last edited:

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Uh, we didn't enjoy it.

We did enjoy some good times like when Reagan allowed the savings and loans to recklessly lend a ton of money. We didn't enjoy bailing them out. etc etc

That still has nothing to do with tax rates, and banks were chomping at the bit to loan anything they could when interest rates were above 10% till the early 80's.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Actually it has everything to do with it. The same people getting filthy rich doing the stuff I listed are asking for these tax breaks and, gasp, government provided economic benefits....and none of that money is flowing downhill like it was supposed to.

"The term has been attributed to humorist Will Rogers, who said during the Great Depression that "money was all appropriated for the top in hopes that it would trickle down to the needy"

So our party took a joke told during the Depression, pointing out that the wealthy would never send money downhill unless forced to, and turned it into economic policy. This is what I keep telling you man, our party is betraying this country. What they are doing is treason.

So you think none of the money and jobs going overseas had anything to do with the massive demand we had back in the 70's and 80's for imported cheap cars and electronics?

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Follow the German Model of empowering unions/workers.

I have no problem with that. Let's make everything we can here. Who's gonna buy it? When is America gonna get it's pride back and pay a little extra for that Mad In USA label?

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
So you think none of the money and jobs going overseas had anything to do with the massive demand we had back in the 70's and 80's for imported cheap cars and electronics?

I think it had to do with corporate greed. By cutting quality of materials and demanding increased production, instead of just creating more product by (wait for it, hiring more employees and building new factories in this country) they turned our production into a joke that Americans quickly found to be lacking.

My family has always bought American cars and the quality went to shit in the 70's, due to the leaders cutting materials costs by using shoddy material and forcing workers to make more mistakes by selling them on the concept of productivity while overworking them into a zombie-like state.

It is all pretty obvious if you read between the lines.

I have no problem with that. Let's make everything we can here. Who's gonna buy it? When is America gonna get it's pride back and pay a little extra for that Mad In USA label?

I just answered your question, but here it is again. We will pay a little extra when economic leaders stop providing shitty materials and forcing their workforce to meet productivity quotas. Instead, they should be forced to hit quality control goals.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
*sigh* yes it's this one thing that is the failure, this one thing. simple minded fool :(

JKing106

Platinum Member
Mar 19, 2009

Huh? It's been a fantastic success for millionaires, billionaires and corporations. Why do you hate 'Murica, land of Fuck Yeah?

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Ah, the 1980's when America stopped enforcing antitrust laws.
When McDonnel Douglas was making so much profit in making military equipment it decided to sell its commerical airliner business to the only other large airplane maker in the world, Boeing.

And of course eventually giving away half the market to Airbus