"I have a good good brain"

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

swamplizard

Mar 18, 2016
Poor liberals, so cursed by logic and reason. Do you know how many votes Trump was going to get the day he announced. Let me help. He wasn't going to get any, and lo and behold, he's winning his primaries. But Hillary can't fall like a house of cards. It would be illogical. Hillary will only win if race and gender take president over what is best to save the nation.

What?

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
Poor liberals, so cursed by logic and reason. Do you know how many votes Trump was going to get the day he announced. Let me help. He wasn't going to get any, and lo and behold, he's winning his primaries. But Hillary can't fall like a house of cards. It would be illogical. Hillary will only win if race and gender take president over what is best to save the nation.

You see, you cannot help. You are telling me that logic and reason are useless, yet you purport to help me understand your conviction with regard to The Duck using, lo and behold, logic and reason. You even attempt to predict the Clinton's election with, eh, logic and reason. (although, to be blunt, your post is full of illogic and unreason)

The moment you attempt to speak with other human beings, you engage in a process of communication where you must rely on words and grammar. And logic and reason are built in to words and grammar.

You can claim that you try to reason with logic, then fail. You cannot claim that you are not engaged in logic and reason when your speech is meant to be a communication with another human being.

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
Thus it is a mistake to believe that The Duck's tactics and style (read: communicative acts) are not calculated based on, you know, logic and reason. He made an assessment on what will get him the nomination and has been executing it, which is very smart. He is acting on logic and reason which informs him of his supporters' illogic and unreason.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You see, you cannot help. You are telling me that logic and reason are useless, yet you purport to help me understand your conviction with regard to The Duck using, lo and behold, logic and reason. You even attempt to predict the Clinton's election with, eh, logic and reason. (although, to be blunt, your post is full of illogic and unreason)

The moment you attempt to speak with other human beings, you engage in a process of communication where you must rely on words and grammar. And logic and reason are built in to words and grammar.

You can claim that you try to reason with logic, then fail. You cannot claim that you are not engaged in logic and reason when your speech is meant to be a communication with another human being.

Thus it is a mistake to believe that The Duck's tactics and style (read: communicative acts) are not calculated based on, you know, logic and reason. He made an assessment on what will get him the nomination and has been executing it, which is very smart. He is acting on logic and reason which informs him of his supporters' illogic and unreason.

I think I'm speaking to a liberal brain defect. That doesn't make you bad or wrong. But I think it means you may be blind in how you react to Trump. I'm a liberal but I'm not having your reaction to him. I've educated myself and done some self observation on my own liberal brain defect and agree that such a defect exists, different from but just as real as the ones conservatives have. And the more I see it, it seems to me, the less it affects my thinking. My liberal brain defect has now become terrified of me.

The logical and reasoned, actually scientific neurological proof of two different forms of mental defects contain an additional proviso, namely, that when it comes to assessing the presence of a brain defect, it's only likely that the liberals will be able to see it.

That, of course, is because liberals can be influenced by reason whereas conservatives hide behind an altered reality. These are statistical variations and not absolute truths. There are always exceptions and not just rare ones.

So, regardless of how Trump may look to you, I just don't find myself getting drunk off the cork in your bottle. I'm taking my rational fears of Trump and throwing them into the wind. The guy speaks at the level of a two year old and I love kids. I'm curious, after all the wonderful things the professionally trained have done with the Presidency, what a Trump may do. Maybe Mr. Toads wild ride. Fear or curiosity....such a dilemma. He's been a wreaking ball for one party of monsters. I think I'm down for twofer.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
It's interesting, he just says both sides of everything. Those who support him seem to just listen what they want to hear. To them it doesn't matter what else he said on that same subject. This is also why the normal process doesn't work with him and his supporters.

swamplizard

Mar 18, 2016
It's interesting, he just says both sides of everything. Those who support him seem to just listen what they want to hear. To them it doesn't matter what else he said on that same subject. This is also why the normal process doesn't work with him and his supporters.

What I don't get is why seemingly intelligent people support him. It's baffling. o_O

swamplizard

Mar 18, 2016
They have motivated themselves to believe what they want to believe.

Instead of what they hear or see, this seems to make sense.

I saw on CNN earlier today that people's brains were more stimulated by the sound of his voice than the other candidates. They had concluded this by measuring brain activity during their last debate. Unless the people had already concluded their position they might fall for his ridiculous statements.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
I completely agree with you. Which is why we (the American people) have always required that these snake oil peddlers have been involved in at least some kind of public service before even being seriously considered for President. Carter, Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Romney, and FDR were state governors (I refuse to include Palin in that list). JFK, LBJ, Obama, Hillary, Bernie, and Cruz were/are Senators. Eisenhower was a great general. And I'm not just talking about political experience, but some kind of public service. While Trump isn't even a veteran. The Presidency is not an entry-level job.

?

Let's begin by pointing out the obvious that you speak for yourself and only yourself, not the collective "American people". Then let's point out the fact that there is no requirement, I suspect you merely made it up because it helps you argue your feelings at this current point in time. Third, let's discuss the fact that most people believe government has failed us, therefore change is necessary to get different results.

Lastly - Ross Perot. Do you ever look back on what you write and think, "Wow, where the fuck did that come from?!!" :p

I get the impression you believe the terms "American People" and "People who think just like me" are one and the same.

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
Donald_Trump_the_Scarecrow_Without_a_Brain_1273.jpg

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
That's a great little meme. It's bizarre that while protecting the border is one of the fundamental tasks of the Federal Government, actually doing it has been renamed racism.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
That's a great little meme. It's bizarre that while protecting the border is one of the fundamental tasks of the Federal Government, actually doing it has been renamed racism.

It is bizarre, isn't it? The minds of Bleeding Hearts/White Guilters/Greed know no bounds though, so it's not surprising. What is surprising though is they'd then turn right around to less well off US Citizens and tell them, Hey, my mental condition means I'm supporting tens of Millions of direct competition to you, cool with that right?

Their indoctrination just runs that deep...

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
It is bizarre, isn't it? The minds of Bleeding Hearts/White Guilters/Greed know no bounds though, so it's not surprising. What is surprising though is they'd then turn right around to less well off US Citizens and tell them, Hey, my mental condition means I'm supporting tens of Millions of direct competition to you, cool with that right?

Their indoctrination just runs that deep...

Nothing to do with bleeding hearts. The F'n idea is a total failure. Most come here legally then overstay the visas. But, keep bleating on.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Nothing to do with bleeding hearts. The F'n idea is a total failure. Most come here legally then overstay the visas. But, keep bleating on.

Tackling the illegal invasion problem in a pro-US Citizen manner (that is, actually controlling who comes and remains in the country, not going Open Borders/quasi-Open Borders and calling the issue "fixed!") is not 'total failure'. What is a total failure is pronouncing it a total failure because you don't want to see anything happen because you like all those people here (and more if/when possible). Seriously, we get it: "The science is settled", just acquiesce and give in. O'Bummer...

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Tackling the illegal invasion problem in a pro-US Citizen manner (that is, actually controlling who comes and remains in the country, not going Open Borders/quasi-Open Borders and calling the issue "fixed!") is not 'total failure'. What is a total failure is pronouncing it a total failure because you don't want to see anything happen because you like all those people here (and more if/when possible). Seriously, we get it: "The science is settled", just acquiesce and give in. O'Bummer...

Not even close. But do go on.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

You just equated opposition to right wing immigration policy with climate science. You know, the same climate science where the overwhelming majority of the evidence ALSO contradicts the conservative position.

By the way I totally agree, the conservatives who think building some wall and trying to deport everyone is going to solve our immigration problems are about as irrational as climate science deniers.

That is pretty hilarious.