"I have a good good brain"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

swamplizard

Mar 18, 2016
The Trump has a good brain. Good for what? Good for fertilizer is one application that is fitting.:D

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
tumblr_nnr5si9MGf1u7d8l2o1_500.jpg

"Abby . . . Normal?" I thought we were talking about Donald the Trump.

OK -- we ARE talking about Donald.

Pardus

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2000
Delegate results: Trump-678, Cruz-423, Kasich-143
1,237 needed for nomination · 1,049 available

Heard Rubio may get a big check for giving his delegates to Cruz, not sure how many he can donate over.

swamplizard

Mar 18, 2016
Delegate results: Trump-678, Cruz-423, Kasich-143
1,237 needed for nomination · 1,049 available

Heard Rubio may get a big check for giving his delegates to Cruz, not sure how many he can donate over.

He'll probably need it.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You just described every presidential candidate throughout history.
Lets face it, one must be a little "off" to even seek that job.
Who would think "THEY" could run an entire country in the first place?
Only someone with an ego the size of Trump Towers.
Or someone with teeny tiny hands trying to make it up in other areas.
And it only makes sense that a millionaire or billionaire would want this job.
Like they've done everything else money can buy, so what the hell....

Trump plays the my accomplishments card, Hillary plays the a woman can do it too card, Bernie plays the grumpy old man card, Cruz plays the religion card which I'm surprised God hasn't shot him down with a bolt of lightening, Romney another my accomplishments card, Palin played the coo-co card, JFK wanted to impress his dad, LBJ the bully card, Nixon the organized crime card, FDR needed a hobby away from his wife, and on and on it goes.
Anyone seeking the presidency should be considered just another snake oil salesman, and go from there.
Anyone with any common decency would never consider running for president.
And those that do are either bored millionaires, or had the choice of either running for president or checking into an asylum for the mentally disturbed.

Wow. I agree with a sportage post. Better mark this day in my calendar...

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
Sportage has a nice perspective, but I think some presidents were humbled by the office. The most important aspect for the candidate is to be able to project power and confidence, perhaps not actually embody it though. Only a mentally unhealthy person does not have self doubt. Small stories about Trump "losing it" behind the scenes have come out, which is good because it shows he understands and is feeling the weight of the process.

The documentary Mitt did a great job showing the uncertainty and doubt that likely riddled most candidates during their campaign. Remember, we only see the groomed few moments that a campaign allows us to see of a candidate.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
He is a bit short on the kind of knowledge that leads to wisdom.

And ethics, Moonbeam.

And morals, Moonbeam.

And empathy, Moonbeam.

And honesty, Moonbeam.

And attention to detail (like, you know, facts), Moonbeam.

And even the slightest hint of public service, Moonbeam.

Like Vic said, the Presidency is not an entry level job. :(

Like junk food, his junk ideas are the shortcuts innately craved by those without the temperament to think/cook for themselves. They provide short term satisfaction, but are bad for your body . . . and our body politic.

You're angry at the state of things, right, Moonie? Tell us why that anger isn't your infantile ego response. Where is your Zen remove, my friend?

And while you're at it, tell us again why you are passionately supporting a carelessly blustering blowhard narcissist who blithely tells people he will build a multi-billion dollar wall that a country he has called a country full of rapists will pay for.

Yes, please, tell us. Tell us how your support of this cut-rate demagogue isn't primitively fear and anger centered, how it isn't your ego acting out and taking over.

Don't go through the fast food ideas drive-through of the clown smirking under his big yellow arch. Stop feeding your fearful, angry ego. You, of all people, know your ego is not you.

Sit down at the table of rational adults, Moonie, and eat your big bowl of Hilary. Sure, she doesn't taste that great, and she's not over-the-moon, free range and cruelty free, harvested by unicorns, but she's the only sustainable choice on the menu today. ;)

swamplizard

Mar 18, 2016
And ethics, Moonbeam.

And morals, Moonbeam.

And empathy, Moonbeam.

And honesty, Moonbeam.

Like junk food, his junk ideas are the shortcuts innately craved by those without the temperament to think/cook for themselves. They provide short term satisfaction, but are bad for your body . . . and our body politic.

You're angry at the state of things, right, Moonie? Tell us why that anger isn't your infantile ego response. Where is your Zen remove, my friend?

And while you're at it, tell us again why you are passionately supporting a carelessly blustering blowhard narcissist who blithely tells people he will build a multi-billion dollar wall that a country he has called a country full of rapists will pay for.

Yes, please, tell us. Tell us how your support of this cut-rate demagogue isn't primitively fear and anger centered, how it isn't your ego acting out and taking over.

Don't go through the fast food ideas drive-through of the clown smirking under his big yellow arch. Stop feeding your fearful, angry ego. You, of all people, know your ego is not you.

Sit down at the table of rational adults, Moonie, and eat your big bowl of Hilary. Sure, she doesn't taste that great, and she's not over-the-moon, free range and cruelty free, harvested by unicorns, but she's the only sustainable choice on the menu today. ;)

Wow! Nicely said and btw I like poetry.

Feb 16, 2005
And ethics, Moonbeam.

And morals, Moonbeam.

And empathy, Moonbeam.

And honesty, Moonbeam.

too fucking long for a sig, but is definitely sig worthy
:wub:

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Trump fear rationalizations not withstanding, given the thread title I can't believe no one posted this yet:

simplejack.jpg

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I def like it too, I like it a lot, but I think Perk's well-laid out commentary somewhat misses the point that Moonie was making about his "desire for Trump to win".

I hope you're right. I even suspect you are, but . . . (to) Moonie, be careful what you wish for, even rhetorically. Isn't this the exact lesson the Republican Party is now belatedly learning, much to their dismay?

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
And yet he's still far more successful than anyone here, and has a shot at being president. The world just ain't fair.

Is his success a success that you admire? If monetary success is your go to metric for success, the House of Saud in Saudi Arabia dwarfs this piker. Do you admire them more?

Gandhi died poor. Jesus, too. What fucking losers!

Feb 16, 2005
and drumpf was born into money, he won the genetic lottery, nothing more. "My father gave me a small loan of a million dollars."

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
And ethics, Moonbeam.

And morals, Moonbeam.

And empathy, Moonbeam.

And honesty, Moonbeam.

Nicely said, but I totally disagree with the content. Trump is the quintessential outsider, he's decided to represent the sick and tired, and it turns out there are a hell of a lot of sick and tired. He's also getting everything thrown at him, raciest, bigot, bully, failure, all to no avail. The sick and tired really are sick and tired, they're going to give the PC crowd the finger.
While I don't much care for the man, I respect that he's not afraid to say what he thinks, and that he won't back down.

Hillary is the status quo candidate. She's safe, she'll let Wall street decide how our trade is handled, she'll protect big business so they can continue to ship our economy to China. That idea has demonstrably failed, it's worked out exactly as Ross Perot said it would, a giant sucking sound as all of our jobs were shipped over seas. Something has to change, the US has gone from unstoppable juggernaut to whiny consumers. Almost any change has to be for the better at this point.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
And ethics, Moonbeam.

And morals, Moonbeam.

And empathy, Moonbeam.

And honesty, Moonbeam.

I prefer to starve to death rather than eat the sustainable choice because my Zen remove and infantile ego tell me the only exit is self emulation. Rather than suffer the humiliation of coopted progressivism blocked march to reason, the gift as I see it, of the ambition of Hillary Clinton, I'm going to the back of he line to push us all into madness. I know where we are going and I'm tired of saying, "Are we there yet?" I understand how your miliage may differ.

I consider the country lost if democracy can't be returned to the people and the people seem not to want Senator Sanders. The only violence my morality condones is my personally suicide bombing with my one vote, and I am assured by the wise here that my one vote doesn't matter.

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I prefer to starve to death rather than eat the sustainable choice because my Zen remove and infantile ego tell me the only exit is self emulation.

Lol, Brother Moon, self emulation, eh? Is that what Trump does when he puts his dick name up in neon letters on all those buildings?

Otoh, self immolation is literally a "Zen remove," monk my words. ;)

Th%C3%ADch_Qu%E1%BA%A3ng_%C4%90%E1%BB%A9c_self-immolation.jpg

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust
While gas is so cheap at the pump
Your burning desire for change
Doesn't dictate a vote for Herr Trump

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Is his success a success that you admire? If monetary success is your go to metric for success, the House of Saud in Saudi Arabia dwarfs this piker. Do you admire them more?

Gandhi died poor. Jesus, too. What fucking losers!

Monetary success never matters to those that haven't attained it.
But I was actually referring to his general success at life. He had the money part since day one, but he parlayed that into an empire, and decided to make a run at the presidency without corporate money. He also landed a TV show that's done well. No matter how you cut it, he has been successful. Now he's positioning himself to influence the entire nation, not a lot of people can walk in cold and pull that off.
There is simply no denying that the man has achieved a great deal. That doesn't make him a good person, but it does prove that he's a mover and a shaker. Hate his politics all you want, but you simply can't deny his achievements.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Lol, Brother Moon, self emulation, eh? Is that what Trump does when he puts his dick name up in neon letters on all those buildings?

oh shit :biggrin:

Someone get Perk a whole bag of internets, at once!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Th%C3%ADch_Qu%E1%BA%A3ng_%C4%90%E1%BB%A9c_self-immolation.jpg

Hehe, nice. My computer died and I'm using an iPad that guesses my meaning and fixes my word in ways I hadn't intended.

My ashes and dust seem half-baked
Because my thirst for verbal dictation lies unslaked
But it's not the price at the pump
That fuels my desire for Trump
But imaginings of an explosive incineration most strange
Yet portended by those gaseous vapors that fire de range(d)

So, long of fellowship iwe have been
In the art and the craft of Zen
Yet this ridiculous and unformed bard
Sees no choice but to play the Trump card.

With his short little fingers
And his mastery of zingers
How can we possibly go wrong.

Last edited:

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
I just find it befuddling that after all that hysteria from the media (e.g. "Establishment™," "Enthusiasm Gap™," "Anger and Passion™," "Turnout™," and, of course, "Dishonesty and Untrustworthiness™" of a certain candidate) the candidate with the allegedly dishonest ambition is winning the clear majority of her party and is also beating the other side's candidate, who could barely break 35% of his own party, by more than 1 million popular votes. (Dem popular vote, GOP popular vote)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I just find it befuddling that after all that hysteria from the media (e.g. "Establishment™," "Enthusiasm Gap™," "Anger and Passion™," "Turnout™," and, of course, "Dishonesty and Untrustworthiness™" of a certain candidate) the candidate with the allegedly dishonest ambition is winning the clear majority of her party and is also beating the other side's candidate, who could barely break 35% of his own party, by more than 1 million popular votes. (Dem popular vote, GOP popular vote)

Poor liberals, so cursed by logic and reason. Do you know how many votes Trump was going to get the day he announced. Let me help. He wasn't going to get any, and lo and behold, he's winning his primaries. But Hillary can't fall like a house of cards. It would be illogical. Hillary will only win if race and gender take president over what is best to save the nation.