I cant install the drivers after 10.1 .

MtSeldon

Jan 13, 2014
Computer Type: Desktop, custom build GPU:Sapphire AMD R290 CPU: intel 4770k , mem @2333 Motherboard: Asus Hero VI RAM:corsair 8x2 , 2300 PSU: seasonic 750 Operating System & Version:Windows 10 , fall update GPU Drivers:amd 11.2

I Cant install any Amd driver after trying to install 10.2. Amd drivers stuck at the installer and finish with 1603 error. I cleaned with DDU and Amd driver clean utility.Uninstalled all Visual C++ packages. And tried installing the latest drivers (i'm downloading the full driver package not the web installer.), again it stucks at installing the driver part and finishes with error 1603. Now i can install 11.2 and under safe mode with device manager driver update,but other drivers software can't be installed at all. I can't find what the problem is. Any ideas?
install log. https://pastebin.com/RJeV2jYG

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
uninstall from control panel and then run DDU again and reboot, when prompted; delete the AMD install directory on C drive if it doesn't automatically get removed.

then, extract the new drivers but cancel the installation and try running the installer application as an administrator.

MtSeldon

Jan 13, 2014
Thank you for the answer . Tried that, didn't work, still i get the 1603 error.

Used the DDU again , and tried installing the latest drivers 11.2 under safe mode , i get the "drivers not signed digitally " error. downdload the latest whql drivers (11.1) , still the same "digitally not signed error" . But i used the device manager ,update drivers (still under safe mode) , now i the latest drivers could be installed that way . But now again i can't use the AMD software .

Any ideas?

MtSeldon

Jan 13, 2014
Actually i already did. They send the somewhat standart info . "use DDU under safe mode etc etc " , which i already did before asking them.
Something preventing the installer to install the drivers but the same drivers can be install via device manager. Strange . There is a log file which doesn't have anything relevant in ti.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
So if the driver can be installed via device manager, what's the problem?

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Might want to try removing the software from progs and features, then using the uninstall option from device manager. Works pretty well for Nvidia cards, not sure about AMD.

MtSeldon

Jan 13, 2014
tried that to no avail unfortunately.

This problem started after Windows Fall update and amd 10.1 drivers. I guess something changed with the driver signatures but then there must be others with the same problem , yet google search finds nothing.