I can't even comment

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
So he talks about people on welfare etc, and you PC lefties automatically assume that can only be a reference to non-white people. Racist much? Newsflash, there are people of every race and ethnicity getting government bennies. You're obviously the racist and yet you want to accuse him of it. :rolleyes:

your side of the political aisle has used racism and phrases like "so they can stay on welfare and get food stamps and Section 8 and live off everybody else that goes to work" to describe minorities for decades.

just because i called someone out on it doesn't mean that i am suddenly the racist. it isn't like you and your ilk don't prove your racism on a daily basis.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
He's not even president yet. Let's give him some time!
(see how that argument works in tow directions?)

That was in reference since you didn't read the OP that Trump was Already Crashing the Market. Which is an obvious lie.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Just imagine what can happen when top tier tax cuts unleash a flood of hot money & bankers free of regulations provide creative financial products designed to relieve people of the burden of it, of too much money...

It's free money to the guys at the top & they're not afraid of losing it.

Just imagine ...... ( insert whatever your version of a perfect world ) happens.

See I can play too!

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Bullshit. Hillary won 20 states & 232 electors. She also won the popular vote. Trump won by technicality & quirk of the EC.

A rational person might think that winning under such circumstance would humble a person & their followers, realizing that it's hardly a mandate for a radical agenda.

But that's what we'll get, obviously. Meanwhile, conservatives will go on about how liberals are arrogant, but not them, obviously, not when they approach the whole thing like they're on a divine mission & the rest of America is the enemy.

GWB 2.0- Now with more feeling, harder & deeper than ever before.

No, He won by the rules that govern the election process.

You either need to accept it or work to change it, good luck with your choice.

Oct 30, 2004
How did this happen? I'll tell you.

Because Debbie Wasserman-Schultz and her DNC friends conspired to rig the primary election for a scandal plagued unpopular candidate who parties with Wall Street bankers and who symbolized the Washington establishment.

Debbie should be made to walk around with a bag over her head for the duration of the Trump presidency.

Reactions: shortylickens
Nov 8, 2012
And WTF?
This guy isn't even the president...yet, and already he has caused markets to nearly crash i.e. Boeing stock to tank, over just one single Trump tweet..

To be honest, I honestly don't care about things like this. The last thing the market should ever do is fluctuate based on a twitter twatter.

Hell, even if Boeing lost Air Force One contracting, it's a UUUUUUUUUGE corporation, one plane is a drop in a bucket. There shouldn't be market volatility based on a fucking stupid tweet.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
To be honest, I honestly don't care about things like this. The last thing the market should ever do is fluctuate based on a twitter twatter.

Hell, even if Boeing lost Air Force One contracting, it's a UUUUUUUUUGE corporation, one plane is a drop in a bucket. There shouldn't be market volatility based on a fucking stupid tweet.
Well I see it differently as a contract to perform a large project such as this requires enormous resources and planning that span across several different sectors impacting a large number of subcontractors. The loss would ripple through each of them and depending on the contract language they might not be able severe the contract without paying a huge penalty to mitigate such an action. DT spews garbage all day long without fact checking himself beforehand which is why we are fortunate to have 3 branches of government to keep everything in check. once he takes office and brings his right wing trailer trash with him

Oct 30, 2004
That's your response? Lol... I have news for the snowflake generation... burger flipping is not a career....

You make it sound like non-retail jobs are just growing on some sort of a magic jobs tree. Are you so naive that you think there are enough decent jobs for everyone?

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
You make it sound like non-retail jobs are just growing on some sort of a magic jobs tree. Are you so naive that you think there are enough decent jobs for everyone?
It's survival of the fittest and always has been in our capitalist society. Service jobs like fast food are gateway jobs allowing a person with no experience to gain some while seeking more meaningful employment. Education is the key that unlocks better opportunities and standing around complaining about not having a decent job will not help your situation any no matter who is in power, however only one party has been championing worker rights. Where I disagree with them is in the amount that the minimum wage should be. Minimum wage was never designed to be a livable wage but a motivator for self improvement to ascend above that level of employment.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
What?

I really don't get your post at all but what seems clear enough is that either Carson is good at being an Uncle Tom (or tries to be good at it) or is just not very intelligent outside of his area of expertise: surgical medicine.

Condemning racism by promoting it is incompetent at best and corrupt at worst.

The trouble with racism is that there is a paradoxical element. Recognizing it and combating it gives it power. So, it can be useful to find ways to not invest it with power by emphasizing it unduly. HOWEVER... ignoring something that exists is not a valid solution. That's the old Bill O'Reilly "I don't see color" bull.

The best way to combat racism is to delegitimize it with science. Facts are the kryptonite of bogus ideology.
childrenarenottouristattractions-0-540x764.jpg

I think this photo summarizes how liberal activism is damaging to children or people in need. When it comes to Africa, activists idealize Gorilla's in the Mist, but in reality the activists are just imperialistic racists who are trying to impose their vision on others who they believe are not capable of handling things on their own. Our downtown ghettos' are not Africa and I wish activists would quit treating them like it.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/23/travel/new-york-bronx-ghetto-tours/ (example)

You should also realize that calling Dr. Carson an "Uncle Tom" is synonymous with calling him the N-word. When a man with dark skin hangs out with light skinned people, when you call him an Uncle Tom you are being extremely racist and hurtful. It's probably worse then being called the N-word...because people genuinely mean it when they say it.

Reactions: imported_tajmahal

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
your side of the political aisle has used racism and phrases like "so they can stay on welfare and get food stamps and Section 8 and live off everybody else that goes to work" to describe minorities for decades.

just because i called someone out on it doesn't mean that i am suddenly the racist. it isn't like you and your ilk don't prove your racism on a daily basis.

No, don't try to weasel out of your racist comment now. He made a specific statement that had nothing to do with race, and because of your racism you immediately assumed that his comments could only apply to minorities when in fact people of all races and ethnicity receive government aid. Just accept it and own it. There are two ways you can go forward. One, you can accept that racism is a bad thing and stop engaging in it in the future, or two, you can continue to be a racist while accusing others of the same. Your choice.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
You should also realize that calling Dr. Carson an "Uncle Tom" is synonymous with calling him the N-word. When a man with dark skin hangs out with light skinned people, when you call him an Uncle Tom you are being extremely racist and hurtful. It's probably worse then being called the N-word...because people genuinely mean it when they say it.
You've read Uncle Tom's Cabin, right?

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016

Carson has no problem selling folks from "those areas" down the river for personal gain. Nice of you to identify with people like that so the liberals around here have some reference who they're dealing with.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Subject: I can't even comment

The barrage of insanity coming from this president elect and from most of his new cabinet members and from those Trump enablers that forced Donald Trump into our lives have made it quite impossible to keep up here on the Anandtech P & N forum.
It never ends, the new posts here preaching the craziness of Donald Trump.
You would think 5 or 6 Trump nutty news reports should do it, then out of nowhere we are hit with 5 or 6 more before the hour ends.
How the hell is one to keep up with this?

If people on Anandtech started a new thread about every single idiotic Trump happening coming from this not ready for primetime administration, Anandtech would come crashing down. Overwhelmed. Servers overheating and hard drives spinning out of control.

And WTF?
This guy isn't even the president...yet, and already he has caused markets to nearly crash i.e. Boeing stock to tank, over just one single Trump tweet.
Thank god president Obama is still in charge or who the hell knows what could happen.
Half of America could find themselves out of a job overnight, or wake to the threat of nuclear war from.... well actually from any number of sources.
Does Israel have their own nukes? I don't know but holy hell.... even Israel might find good reason to point their nukes in our direction given the instability of Donald Trump.
All I know is, thank your lucky stars president Obama is still guiding the ship, so far.

And after Trump does take office, don't expect his newly appointed cabinet to bail you or the country out of some impending disaster.
Not with that Trump cabinet full of so many having not one iota of a clue nor experience.
Ben Carson as Hud secretary? Really? Need I say more?
Those poor poor people that depend on Hud for housing and development.
Talk about being left out in the cold....

So many times I have wanted to toss in my 2 cents worth, more so since the election, with posting and replying within these never ending Trump threads popping up minute by minute, but I just can't do it.
I just can't keep up.
It's like some new Donald Trump thread pops up from someone here, and before one can even reply 5 more new Trump threads pop up.
And god forbid cable network news should be playing in the background...
Your like WTF did they just say about Trump? WTF did he say or do now?
And you begin a new WTF Trump thread but before you can even hit the "POST" button, CNN or one of the others "breaking news" with 4 more "WTF did Trump just say" reports.
And your like, wait wait wait... I haven't hit POST yet with my current thread.
Wait wait Wolf... Slow down CNN...

I have a feeling that for those who dare post here in Anandtech P & N, that as the next 4 years comes to an end we will all type 80 words a minute, and proficiently.
No more two fingered hunt and peck typist.
By the time Donald Trump's first term ends, we here on Anandtech will qualify as high paid secretaries.
Typing words faster than Kelly Conway's words defending Donald Trump.

Myself, I just can keep up.
I'm so overwhelmed.
Should I add in my 2 cents worth in this thread or in that thread or... holy shit 6 more threads just popped up.
How is one to ever keep up?
DONALD? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO US....????
Yet you manage to comment more than anyone else on this forum. ;)

Last edited:

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
At some point, sportage, you have to answer these questions:

1) Is your life benefiting from staying informed on Trump and commentators?
2) Is your life being harmed because of what Trump or others are saying?
3) Do you have the capacity to react and tangibaly affect the situation?

If all one is doing is staying informed for the sake of being perpetually outraged...

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Because Debbie Wasserman-Schultz and her DNC friends conspired to rig the primary election for a scandal plagued unpopular candidate who parties with Wall Street bankers and who symbolized the Washington establishment.

Debbie should be made to walk around with a bag over her head for the duration of the Trump presidency.
Not this shit again.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
High School, and honestly I can't remember anything about it. I can assure you, though, that 99.9% of those who call someone an Uncle Tom are not referencing Harriet Beecher Stowe.
I feel assured by your delightful hyperbole.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
High School, and honestly I can't remember anything about it. I can assure you, though, that 99.9% of those who call someone an Uncle Tom are not referencing Harriet Beecher Stowe.

Textbook dunning kruger: "I don't know shit and nobody else does either".