I can't even comment

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 4, 2009
OP your post is too long for me to read, this isn't meant to be an insult. You write well and I think you'd have more impact tightening up your posts.
Look at the good news, Trump has not talked about the deficit at all, I literally cannot think of him ever speaking about it other than "I'm the King of debt". Watching Trump run up the Deficit more than Obama or any other President will be gloriously fun. Especially with our debt obsessed Republican members.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
He's using racism to deny racism. That, of course, promotes racism.

Carson in general seems to be the human incarnation of cognitive dissonance.

i dont think so. but it is a different if not damaging form of racism. Its kind of like how the instagram/selfish african volunteerships that end up being used as a means for the white man/woman to exploit black suffering for their own gains.

Benevolent plantation owners are still owning the slaves and keeping them shackled.

Reactions: jammix

takiat

Jun 3, 2015
Here's an idea. All of you lefties complaing about trump and the minimum wage should come together and form a minimum wage helping group. You dont need any trump supporters since there are so many of you.
You could each sponsor a minimum wage worker. If say 10 of you paid that person $2-3 per hour, you could get them up to the $33 per hour done people are claiming they should get. Nothing is stopping you from "fixing the problem". Stop trying to force the rest of us to pony up for what you consider to be the problem. Typical liberals always want someone else to be forced to pay for their crap and then they turn around and take credit. If your such wonderful humanitarians, you would do it yourself without even wanting to take credit.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Feb 4, 2009
Here's an idea. All of you lefties complaing about trump and the minimum wage should come together and form a minimum wage helping group. You dont need any trump supporters since there are so many of you.
You could each sponsor a minimum wage worker. If say 10 of you paid that person $2-3 per hour, you could get them up to the $33 per hour done people are claiming they should get. Nothing is stopping you from "fixing the problem". Stop trying to force the rest of us to pony up for what you consider to be the problem. Typical liberals always want someone else to be forced to pay for their crap and then they turn around and take credit. If your such wonderful humanitarians, you would do it yourself without even wanting to take credit.

As long as I can opt out of corporate welfare or military spending and guys like you could just support it yourselves.

takiat

Jun 3, 2015
That's your response? Lol... I have news for the snowflake generation... burger flipping is not a career....

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
The barrage of insanity coming from this president elect and from most of his new cabinet members and from those Trump enablers that forced Donald Trump into our lives have made it quite impossible to keep up here on the Anandtech P & N forum.
It never ends, the new posts here preaching the craziness of Donald Trump.
You would think 5 or 6 Trump nutty news reports should do it, then out of nowhere we are hit with 5 or 6 more before the hour ends.
How the hell is one to keep up with this?

If people on Anandtech started a new thread about every single idiotic Trump happening coming from this not ready for primetime administration, Anandtech would come crashing down. Overwhelmed. Servers overheating and hard drives spinning out of control.

And WTF?
This guy isn't even the president...yet, and already he has caused markets to nearly crash i.e. Boeing stock to tank, over just one single Trump tweet.
Thank god president Obama is still in charge or who the hell knows what could happen.
Half of America could find themselves out of a job overnight, or wake to the threat of nuclear war from.... well actually from any number of sources.
Does Israel have their own nukes? I don't know but holy hell.... even Israel might find good reason to point their nukes in our direction given the instability of Donald Trump.
All I know is, thank your lucky stars president Obama is still guiding the ship, so far.

And after Trump does take office, don't expect his newly appointed cabinet to bail you or the country out of some impending disaster.
Not with that Trump cabinet full of so many having not one iota of a clue nor experience.
Ben Carson as Hud secretary? Really? Need I say more?
Those poor poor people that depend on Hud for housing and development.
Talk about being left out in the cold....

So many times I have wanted to toss in my 2 cents worth, more so since the election, with posting and replying within these never ending Trump threads popping up minute by minute, but I just can't do it.
I just can't keep up.
It's like some new Donald Trump thread pops up from someone here, and before one can even reply 5 more new Trump threads pop up.
And god forbid cable network news should be playing in the background...
Your like WTF did they just say about Trump? WTF did he say or do now?
And you begin a new WTF Trump thread but before you can even hit the "POST" button, CNN or one of the others "breaking news" with 4 more "WTF did Trump just say" reports.
And your like, wait wait wait... I haven't hit POST yet with my current thread.
Wait wait Wolf... Slow down CNN...

I have a feeling that for those who dare post here in Anandtech P & N, that as the next 4 years comes to an end we will all type 80 words a minute, and proficiently.
No more two fingered hunt and peck typist.
By the time Donald Trump's first term ends, we here on Anandtech will qualify as high paid secretaries.
Typing words faster than Kelly Conway's words defending Donald Trump.

Myself, I just can keep up.
I'm so overwhelmed.
Should I add in my 2 cents worth in this thread or in that thread or... holy shit 6 more threads just popped up.
How is one to ever keep up?
DONALD? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO US....????

OP titles post "I can't even comment" then posts wall of text about how he can't comment.

Feb 4, 2009
That's your response? Lol... I have news for the snowflake generation... burger flipping is not a career....

Its a silly premise just like what you said. We all are forced to do things we don't want to do to promote compromise, nobody can always have everything they want. I'd say you are truly the special snowflake.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Trump exploits Brandolini's law like nobody else. His tsunami of bullshit lets propaganda susceptible individuals keep what they like & discard the rest.

He'll enable the lootocracy in ways yet un-imagined by the rest of us, much to the glee of Repub leaders.

11ju2y0.png

Nov 29, 2006
How did this happen? I'll tell you. Because decent average everyday people who mind their own business and are no hassle to anyone got sick as fuck of far left fuck bags dictating how we speak how we live and how we interact with others and the world around us. We are all good with you having your opinons and your way of living but we'll be fucked if we are going to be stood over and dictated to by a bunch of rainbows and unicorns assholes.
the snowflake whining Cry-Baby Millennial liberal losers they're just scared because Donald Trump is saving jobs and creating jobs and that's what their problem is they wanted Hillary Clinton to win so they can stay on welfare and get food stamps and Section 8 and live off everybody else that goes to work. That's why they don't like Donald Trump cuz he's going to make everybody go to work.

Wow he's ending welfare and giving everyone a job? Awesome. Cant wait for this failure of thinking to be shown the light in 4 years when nothings changed in that department.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Does Israel have their own nukes? I don't know but holy hell.... even Israel might find good reason to point their nukes in our direction given the instability of Donald Trump.
It's well known public knowledge that Isreal has had nuclear weapon capability for many many years. I doubt very much that they have a hydrogen bomb (i.e. many times more powerful than atomic bombs). It is preposterous to think they'd entertain the idea of a strike against the USA, in any case.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I can't add much here. I suspect that people who obsess over "playing the race card" are really and subliminally -- playing the race card. Further, this is about a statistical distribution and range of "observations" for which each contains several dimensions, attitudes and beliefs.

One of the angrier voices here put forward a stereotype of "Liberal." If I was giving $250/annum to the RNC back in the early '80s, I still can't fit that profile. Instead, what I've seen afoot for years since 2000 has simply pushed me further and further to the Left.

But "feeling" and "attitude" aren't necessarily "common sense." That being said, the trend-line of my "mood-ring" predicts four years of growing disgust, contempt and anger.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
And here we have it folks, the racist card. You're a dumbfuck, if you think racism is the reason he won the election. Jammix didn't say anything racist, but you still went ape shit, full on retard.

"so they can stay on welfare and get food stamps and Section 8 and live off everybody else that goes to work."

yeah, i'm sure he's talking about all those poor white folks who voted for Trump.

you don't have drop the N bomb to be racist.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
"so they can stay on welfare and get food stamps and Section 8 and live off everybody else that goes to work."

yeah, i'm sure he's talking about all those poor white folks who voted for Trump.

So he talks about people on welfare etc, and you PC lefties automatically assume that can only be a reference to non-white people. Racist much? Newsflash, there are people of every race and ethnicity getting government bennies. You're obviously the racist and yet you want to accuse him of it. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Zaap

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004

I don't know if my suggestion at this point would bear consideration by those for whom intended.

Denial is a peculiar thing.

If someone thought they wanted to "talk to someone" for some unhappiness, issues, problem -- the counselor or shrink might suggest a need to "confront" themselves. The denial would arise as a knee-jerk reaction, perhaps with termination of the visit and potential appointment schedule -- walking away from it.

When someone speaks about a "lifestyle" of their own as opposed to the perceptions they have of a stereotypical "other group" -- one could wonder if they're really apprehensive and worried -- deep-down -- about change they might only feel helpless to reverse.

Just for a few issues -- not with regard to anyone in this thread, particularly -- you could look at the reaction to climate change. the implications would be greater cost, changes in lifestyle and prosperity, uncertainty about the future. If you add another related idea -- growing scarcity for a limited supply of fossil fuel -- the hostility would continue or increase. So we find a comforting mantra of "drill, drill, drill" and "stop this green-energy madness."

What I can't understand is simple. Put aside all the simple ideological nit-picks, myths, convictions and so on. I cannot understand why people don't see the "inner-Trump" for what it is. And I cannot understand how the measuring stick of money creates such a blindness to intrinsic human nature, an understanding of character or whatever composes the sunny side of the American character. For that matter, the denial -- based on the "exceptionalism myth" -- that there is a dark underbelly to that animal.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
What I can't understand is simple. Put aside all the simple ideological nit-picks, myths, convictions and so on. I cannot understand why people don't see the "inner-Trump" for what it is.

Most people do see the inner Trump for what it is, and most don't like him. The problem is that the alternative was even worse, though many can't see the "inner illary" for what it is.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Most people do see the inner Trump for what it is, and most don't like him. The problem is that the alternative was even worse, though many can't see the "inner illary" for what it is.

Which is why Clinton got >2M more votes, obviously.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
So he talks about people on welfare etc, and you PC lefties automatically assume that can only be a reference to non-white people. Racist much? Newsflash, there are people of every race and ethnicity getting government bennies. You're obviously the racist and yet you want to accuse him of it. :rolleyes:

Please. He just puts layers of abstraction on top of a fundamentally racist attitude.

You know it as well as the rest of us-

632da43ba3f29af5c4e2f08b74ab0a98.jpg