I am feeling old

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Well, tomorrow (Weds.) I have my radio show. Early Thursday I'll do my biweekly shopping trip and get supplies that will enable me to better deal with the atmospheric river that's going to slam into us Thursday and Friday. So, maybe next week...
I'll be curious to hear how it goes for you. I'm considered color blind according to the Ishihara Test, but there's a more in-depth test I took when I joined the military when they handed me a piece of paper that said "color blind people can pick from these 11 jobs" (or however many, it was a short list), after I took the other test I was fully cleared for all jobs. I've been curious about the glasses, but am not color blind enough to really consider spending the cash on those.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I'll be curious to hear how it goes for you. I'm considered color blind according to the Ishihara Test, but there's a more in-depth test I took when I joined the military when they handed me a piece of paper that said "color blind people can pick from these 11 jobs" (or however many, it was a short list), after I took the other test I was fully cleared for all jobs. I've been curious about the glasses, but am not color blind enough to really consider spending the cash on those.
Ah, hmm... I thought you probably not "male" based on your discussion the other day. Color blindness is about 100 times more rare for females than males. I guess I'll stop wondering about your gender, it's not something I normally think about much anyway. I see people all the time and they all seem different. "Wouldn't it be a real drag if we were all the same?" - From "I'm Tired" by Savoy Brown.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Ah, hmm... I thought you probably not "male" based on your discussion the other day. Color blindness is about 100 times more rare for females than males. I guess I'll stop wondering about your gender, it's not something I normally think about much anyway. I see people all the time and they all seem different. "Wouldn't it be a real drag if we were all the same?" - From "I'm Tired" by Savoy Brown.

My mom is actually a little color blind too, yes, it's rare, but it does happen.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Can you please share the details of the server, in case I or someone else here wants to explore those 80 maps (and maybe frag you a few times too)? :p
here's an update of sorts:

I have my server on the Master Server List for Deathmatch - {CBGB} Clan Server

note:

my bots are set to Godlike and will kick your ass.
not all my maps are on a redirect server. I am trying to either remove those or upload them to the redirect server. be patient.

Reactions: igor_kavinski

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

better version

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
I was hoping for him to provide more details on his interesting meeting.

Mistakes are fun to read about :D

Not my type at all in the looks dept. May sound shallow, but it's true, not my type. Nowadays you have full-on profiles with plenty of pics... not so back then.

Reactions: Pohemi