I always swore " NO ipod/Apple crap ".

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DerelictDev

Feb 19, 2005
Awesome choice, i also always bashed Apple and never bought their ipods. I did give in and got the nano though. In my opinion it was a good choice and it works great.

My only dislike is that ive had it for about 4 days and its scratched, smudged all over and its been in my god damn pocket!! They have to make ipods a bit more resistant.

IeraseU

Aug 25, 2004
I was interested in the ipod nano, but I found it's price somewhat decieving. The small size and solid state memory make it a 'natural' choice for the exercise crowd.....however, it doesnt include an armband which is almost a must for exercise/jogging. This armband is priced at $29.99. $30 for this ( http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/W...s/AppleStore?productLearnMore=MA183G/A ). Then if you want lanyard headphones, $40. So the ipod in itself is a good deal, but the accesories really inflate the price very rapidly. Other mp3 players include those things as standard.

lordsaytor

Jul 29, 2005
Originally posted by: Novercalis
DUDE.. PSP!!!! GET THE PSP.. you got your MUSIC, MOVIES, GAMES...
I find it Comfortable, not to big to be in my pockets.
And atleast, if it falls, I WILL KNOW IT unlike a small little P.O.S gadget, where, if it slips out of my pocket, I WONT EVEN KNOW IT and lose out my money...

PSP all the way,,, Cant wait till someone figures out how to make a GPS out of the PSP... I be set!

tip: PSP + 1GB Memory Card..
Seriously, 1GB = 100-150 songs... More than enough for a 8 hour WORK Schedule.
I pretty much have my PSP playing exactly 7 hours.
1 hour of recharging when I get to work.. I use my PSP as my car radio whle being recharged as well.
(yes I have a cd-tape transfer that works with the PSP)
so from Full Charge PSP, running off the memory stick, your baterry life is approx 10 hours.
with my music, I have 7 hours worth...
8 hour schedule...
1 hour of recharging.. the second I hear:
everclear: Closing Time.. I know what time it is.. CLOSING TIME!!!

Also, in my car, I carry a External HDD, 40 gigs...
So, if im tired of my music.. Connect the external HDD via USB, swap out the entire 1GN of music for whatever music I want.
The changing time of deletign 900mb of music and instaling another 900mb of music is approx 7 mins.

the other 90mb (10mb naturally off) is a mp4 movie, hellsing or getbackers full episode that I watch during my break.
and the quality of it is good.. than again, I encoded the vid and shrank it while keeping very good quality for its size...

PSP> any Ipod, mp3 player.

Use your brain if you have one. We're talking about a portable music player. 7 hours of music playing on the PSP?? That is pathetic by any measure. And how much does it cost for four 1gb memory sticks? And we don't f**king care about your 40gb external hdd in your car, we're talking about portable music. So how much would this all cost?
PSP ($250) + 4 1gb sticks ($25x4=$100) + external 40gb hdd ($100)
That's $450. I could get two 2gb nanos for that.

And you talk about the nano being too small that you won't notice it if it falls out, if you freaking lose something expensive, you deserve it. None of what you said is relevant to this thread.

Powermoloch

Lifer
Jul 5, 2005
Originally posted by: ctcsoft

Did i go wrong and lose my mind here? I hope I can live with an apple product.

The nano just looked too sleek to pass up and its just what I need for the gym/jogging.

Anyone able to review it yet?

CONFORMIST YOU MUST BE B@N33D !!!

viperbri

Jun 30, 2000
Watch for the screen problems with the Nano. Their was an article on Cnet about it....guess it is becoming a widespread problem

slirp

Nov 18, 2004
I was feeling sort of the same way as the OP. I've always had a chip on my shoulder about apple. My bud got one of these the day they came out and I got to play with it for a while yeasterday. Yeah, I bought mine about 15 minutes after I was done playing with it. This thing is flat out awesome, kudo's to apple.

Besides, Crapple Nano kinda has a nice little ring to it . :)

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Oyeve
Originally posted by: Novercalis
DUDE.. PSP!!!! GET THE PSP.. you got your MUSIC, MOVIES, GAMES...
I find it Comfortable, not to big to be in my pockets.
And atleast, if it falls, I WILL KNOW IT unlike a small little P.O.S gadget, where, if it slips out of my pocket, I WONT EVEN KNOW IT and lose out my money...

PSP all the way,,, Cant wait till someone figures out how to make a GPS out of the PSP... I be set!

tip: PSP + 1GB Memory Card..
Seriously, 1GB = 100-150 songs... More than enough for a 8 hour WORK Schedule.
I pretty much have my PSP playing exactly 7 hours.
1 hour of recharging when I get to work.. I use my PSP as my car radio whle being recharged as well.
(yes I have a cd-tape transfer that works with the PSP)
so from Full Charge PSP, running off the memory stick, your baterry life is approx 10 hours.
with my music, I have 7 hours worth...
8 hour schedule...
1 hour of recharging.. the second I hear:
everclear: Closing Time.. I know what time it is.. CLOSING TIME!!!

Also, in my car, I carry a External HDD, 40 gigs...
So, if im tired of my music.. Connect the external HDD via USB, swap out the entire 1GN of music for whatever music I want.
The changing time of deletign 900mb of music and instaling another 900mb of music is approx 7 mins.

the other 90mb (10mb naturally off) is a mp4 movie, hellsing or getbackers full episode that I watch during my break.
and the quality of it is good.. than again, I encoded the vid and shrank it while keeping very good quality for its size...

PSP> any Ipod, mp3 player.

Please, while the PSP may be a good game player it blows at music. Volume is way too low to make it even tolerable.

yea no kidding. its music navigation is very poor. and the cost of buying all that memory would have bought you a decent music player. and its not really pocket sized.....