How Pro-Choice are Democrats?

Discussion in 'Politics and News' started by Incorruptible, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Incorruptible

Incorruptible Diamond Member

Well said they want control over their own bodies but want someone else to pay for the baby, Democrats address this issue

2. zinfamous

zinfamous No Lifer

not much, really. The point is that this was a historic win for an incumbent trying to win re-election with economy and employment outlook that no president in history has ever been able to overcome. That, alone, is a resounding rejection of what the opposition had to offer.

In 2010, the pubs became so angry at...what, no one really knows...that they rode a wave of fear and obfuscation to overtake the House. within one year, the approval of the "obstruct all costs" coalition of meatheads reached historic lows, and has maintained that level since then.

If anything, this is a clear message that we tried you guys, and we don't like what you have become. Shape up and clear the chaff out of your party if you want to relevant again.

Of course, i don't expect this message to sink in. Repubs are all "It's because Obama lied! that's why he won (yes, so rich, in light of the what the Pubs put out there. LMFAO). All I have heard from party analysts and advisors is that they simply need to "refine their message, because we think the American people don't get what we are saying..."

Oh really? You think? Is it maybe that we understand loud and clear what you are saying, and it's fucking disgusting?

I heard one douchenozzle this morning claiming that it was merely the words of 2 outcasts and their rapey comments that doomed them. "Outliers" he called them. ...Never-mind that the party adopted the opinions of these disgusting maggots as their official platform.

Yes--The American people see through the smokescreen and there is nothing but hate and delusion at the center of the republican base. Clean it out, and try again.

3. Borkil

Borkil Senior member

Meriam Webster
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/prochoice

Dictionary.com
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/prochoice?s=t

Cambridge Dictionary
    http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/pro-choice?q=pro-choice

/Thread

Almost missed your thread, Incorruptible. You used a :) instead of the :mad:

#78 Borkil, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  4. momeNt

momeNt Diamond Member

There are inequities all over the place, it's the very nature of taxation and redistribution. What is disturbing is his incessant need to focus solely on women.

5. Incorruptible

Incorruptible Diamond Member

6. nehalem256

nehalem256 Lifer

So the Republicans lost because of their "obstruct at all costs" agenda. This has what to do with social issues?

7. Thump553

Thump553 Diamond Member

OP is apparently in some sort of competition with A420.

8. zinfamous

zinfamous No Lifer

I bolded the answer you conveniently provided to your own question.

You're welcome.

9. Acanthus

Acanthus Lifer

your sarcasm meter must be in another dimension.

10. nehalem256

nehalem256 Lifer

You mean unless the woman wants it. That magically turns it into a baby :rolleyes:

11. SheHateMe

SheHateMe Diamond Member

No, you are drawing parallels between a political term and "choice" when not used in a political context.

12. zinfamous

zinfamous No Lifer

were you touched?

the baby is a baby when it is born.

that is all.

13. 3chordcharlie

3chordcharlie Diamond Member

I can't see any legitimate reason that prostitution is illegal.

I also can't see a legitimate reason pot is illegal.

FTR I have no use whatsoever for either.

14. shira

shira Diamond Member

The OP is shifting what he means by "pro-choice" in mid sentence. He means "personal choice" when referring to abortions and he means "business choice" when referring to selling unhealthy products.

Liberals aren't advocating that it be made a crime for individuals to eat trans fats, drink alcohol, or smoke. They're advocating that selling unhealthy products be regulated.

But leave it to the brain-dead OP to see these two uses of "choice" as being the same.

15. sigurros81

sigurros81 Platinum Member

You can argue the same thing about republicans. They want smaller fed government yet they want to tell you that you can't marry the same sex or you can't have an abortion.

With that said, I don't fully agree with how they are clamping down on how Americans eat. I understand their reasoning, because a big chunk of our health care goes to taking care of fat, unhealthy slobs with heart problems, and it's their way of tackling the issue. And yes, the further you go left or right, the more hypocritical you become. That's why most people say I'm a moderate.

16. Jhhnn

Jhhnn Lifer

Heh. Righties would define day as night, if they thought it would help them prove some imaginary "point".

This is no different. Google "Pro-choice definition" to find out what the term means, & then get back to me....

17. MooseNSquirrel

MooseNSquirrel Golden Member

Should we grant what you say is true, then it would be wholly dependent on the notion of pure free will.

But there is no such thing.

So, we are left with a utopic dream of free willed free citizens armed with all the possible information to always make a reasoned choice AND live with the consequences of those choices.

18. MooseNSquirrel

MooseNSquirrel Golden Member

Remember everyone, in nehalem's world women get pregnant and have babies with no intervention whatsoever by men.

19. Charles Kozierok

Charles Kozierok Elite Member

I wish everyone would just stop replying to this lunatic, misogynistic, thread-jacking, Johnny-one-note nut job. But they never do.

20. buckshot24

buckshot24 Diamond Member

I don't think there are any brothels in the Las Vegas area. Not that I looked. :whiste: