How nice are you?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
4? Not that I'm generally not polite, but I don't tolerate stupid people well. If you're dumb, I probably come across as abrupt.

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
I'd say I'm a 8-9. IDK. I guess there's a difference between nice and polite? I hold the door open all the time, say excuse me or god bless you, and I'm not an ass on the road. Typically let people in in front of me, let other people go if we get to a stop sign at the same time etc. I generally don't lose my shit if someone is being completely rude. Come to think of it, I can't really remember the last time I did lose my shit. Probably on the phone with ATT or Comcast because it's just so easy...

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
I'm a doormat! :(

I need to be more manly! Is there a book I can buy? Maybe the art of being a macho man.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I'm a doormat! :(

I need to be more manly! Is there a book I can buy? Maybe the art of being a macho man.
Funny you should say that....
We were always taught in school to just roll with the flow, do not create trouble, accept things as they are,,,,etc....
Yet that is precisely we as a country are why we are in the predicament that we are in.......do not roll over!! Take a stand! Teach your kids to not accept what they are taught as fact! Kids need to be taught to think fore themselves and given the proper tools to think!!

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Totally depends on who i am talking to.
If its a business client, then i am a 11.
If its a entitled little brat, i can be a -10.
If its just a random passbyer, i start out at a 7 and can go up and down depending on how entitled he feels.

But normally i try to give respect to the person i meet, as everyone initially deserves to be treated how you like to be treated.
But when they go full entitled, i can play that card on them, however as i grow older, i seem to just like to go "umm kay" and ignore and walk away route more, as it requires less energy.

However there is one group of people i am always a flat out 2 to, and that is telemarketers / survey.
They don't understand i do not like to be contacted, even tho ive said it many times.
So if they don't respect me, i don't respect them, and under most conditions i usually abruptly hang up on them, or just don't answer.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
820.jpeg

^ That's me.

So I'm in Fresno now. Next time I come to California I want to drive a snowplow. That way i can just plow all the left lane <beep> into the median. It's probably just a function of having so many people here but California has got to have the biggest selection of clueless <beep> <beep> <beep> useless wastes of carbon to ever molest a steering wheel. Other than that, people seem very nice.
^ That's me behind the wheel.

Last edited:

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
i am weird
im 1. very difficult to approach
2. super-friendly and willing to go through hell to help others
but 3. also secretly planning to destroy the universe and murder everyone

N.3 isn't going to happen probably, but i'm keeping my chances open.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
i am weird
im 1. very difficult to approach
2. super-friendly and willing to go through hell to help others
but 3. also secretly planning to destroy the universe and murder everyone

N.3 isn't going to happen probably, but i'm keeping my chances open.
Cool. Let's have some Scrumpy Jack if I ever fly your way again.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I do have it in me to be a genuinely nice guy ... like 7-8 material. :D

Unfortunately I tend to lean towards cranky douche-bag day-to-day. :p