How many Americans deaths will Trump be directly responsible for due to COVID-45

Page 81 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How many American will die due COVID-19 due to Trumps incompetence/indiference?

• 1,000,000+

Results are only viewable after voting.

abj13

Golden Member
Jan 27, 2005
You guys sure do get touchy.
Seems you are the one who's touchy. Instead of acknowledging the massive missteps of the current administration that has been clearly laid out in this thread, your only response is to cry Butt Obama with very little rationale behind it.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Oh Jeeze, the local news just cut over to the orange fucktard's Chinese virus ramblings.

The best description I have seen of his ramblings is a "7th grader doing a book report for a book he didn't read".

That whomever put the 'mute' button on the remote, I owe them, my sanity owes them.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Nah, I was /s'ing
I get that now, guess it was just a knee jerk reaction based on the number of people that really need the directions on the shampoo bottle. every time they get in the shower, which I hope is more than once a week

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I think it's pretty clear your answer is no. I mean if it were yes you wouldn't have gone to all this trouble. Right?

I never gave it much thought. Since before forming your opinion that Trump’s and Obama’s response were substantially similar you presumably did I’m simply asking for the evidence you used to make that opinion. You keep refusing to give it, why?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
You are welcome........... I take my ques from your excellent post. ;)

Oh you do? So when can I expect answers to my questions because I never have a problem backing up my claims and providing links or quotes.

I await your double down.

Dec 10, 2005
Worth a read, but very heartbreaking: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/25/...tion=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

In several hours on Tuesday, Dr. Ashley Bray performed chest compressions at Elmhurst Hospital Center on a woman in her 80s, a man in his 60s and a 38-year-old who reminded the doctor of her fiancé. All had tested positive for the coronavirus and had gone into cardiac arrest. All eventually died.

Elmhurst, a 545-bed public hospital in Queens, has begun transferring patients not suffering from coronavirus to other facilities as it moves toward becoming one dedicated entirely to the outbreak. Doctors and nurses have struggled to make do with a few dozen ventilators. Calls over a loudspeaker of “Team 700,” the code for when a patient is on the verge of death, come several times a shift. Some have died inside the emergency room while waiting for a bed.
If only there was some group of people that could have been monitoring for this stuff and helping to coordinate a response starting 2 months ago instead of doing fuck all and actually lurching us towards literal death panels.

And here's why we need the Federal Government to step up - time for Trump to put on his big boy pants: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/25/world/coronavirus-news-live.html#link-40f4bff7
As hospitals prepare for a flood of desperately ill patients unable to breathe on their own, public health experts are calling on the federal government to oversee the nation’s ventilator supply so hospitals overwhelmed by coronavirus patients are not forced to ration the lifesaving equipment.

There are currently fewer than 200,000 ventilators in the United States, when nearly a million could be needed over the course of the pandemic. As leaders continue to wrangle over how to increase the supply of the crucial equipment, experts are suggesting that the existing stock could be used more efficiently.

Because peak coronavirus infections will hit cities and regions at different times in the coming months, experts are calling for a centralized federal effort to send machines to infection hot spots from cities and states that have yet to experience significant numbers of cases.

“This is a national crisis,” said Frank Kendall, who served as under secretary of defense for acquisition and logistics in the Obama administration. “In a time of scarcity, you can’t leave it up to companies and governors to manage it themselves.”

Mr. Kendall said that only the federal government had the authority to take over the allocation of ventilators, both from manufacturers who are in the business of selling devices to the highest bidder, and state leaders who are unlikely to voluntarily let go of machines they fear they might need in the future.
“As the states become more desperate, someone has to referee the situation,” he said. “The marketplace isn’t set up to do that."

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Looks like Trump lied about invoking the Defense Production Act..

As a consumer protection attorney who fought big banks, I know to read the fine print—so that’s what I did when the President said he was invoking the Defense Production Act. Turns out the Administration never finalized the rules for ordering emergency medical supplies

The Administration says it's placing orders under the Defense Production Act, but it seems that @HHSGov doesn't have policies in place to execute those orders or coordinate them with agencies like @FEMA. @RepSpanberger, @RepAndyLevin, @RepSherrill, and I want answers.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Exactly. Atreus21 made the 'but Obama' argument and is now trying to demand everyone else disprove his argument, which is not how rational and logical discussion works.

You make a claim, you back it up.

J037kaD.jpg

Seems fitting

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
no one is holding Trump to impossible standards, that's beyond absurd. he literally lies multiple times every single time he speaks about anything, including this pandemic, and endangers peoples lives.

Okay, then I amend my definition. All you have to do is hold people you hate to standards you would never apply to people you like.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
I never gave it much thought. Since before forming your opinion that Trump’s and Obama’s response were substantially similar you presumably did I’m simply asking for the evidence you used to make that opinion. You keep refusing to give it, why?

I didn't make an opinion. I asked if Obama was as responsible for the death toll from swine flu as Trump is for C19.

That doesn't strike me as a question that merits all these gymnastics.