How many Americans deaths will Trump be directly responsible for due to COVID-45

Page 53 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How many American will die due COVID-19 due to Trumps incompetence/indiference?

• 1,000,000+

Results are only viewable after voting.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
You seriously don't know the point? Really? I don't think you were THAT stupid.

What do YOU think the point was?

I don't "think" anything. I know what the point was because Rudy Guilliani said exactly what Trump's purpose was. Do you know?

"I’ll tell you the whole history of it: When he first announced it, he said ‘Muslim ban,'" Giuliani said on Fox News.

"He called me up, he said, ‘Put a commission together, show me the right way to do it legally.’"

Giuliani said he then put together a commission that included lawmakers and expert lawyers.

"And what we did was we focused on, instead of religion, danger," Giuliani said.

"The areas of the world that create danger for us, which is a factual basis, not a religious basis. Perfectly legal, perfectly sensible."

Giuliani reiterated that the ban is "not based on religion."

"It's based on places where there are substantial evidence that people are sending terrorists into our country," he said.

Trump's original idea was to disallow people from entering the country based on their religion. Guiliani and/or other advisers came up with the idea of basing it on geography instead of religion per se because otherwise it would have been illegal. Then they came up with some Muslim countries from which few if any terrorists have actually come to the US, while excluding Saudi Arabia, of course, which has contributed a bunch.

Substantively, the measure was meaningless and accomplished nothing. It's purpose was solely to placate the xenophobia and Muslim hatred of his fans.

Which makes your entire point utterly trivial and inane. You're here to win a semantic argument over whether "Muslim ban" is the correct set of words to describe it when in fact the real issue is that we have a POTUS who enacts policies which affect people's lives, based solely on the prejudice of his voters. Next to that, your wonderful semantic argument is small minded, pointless drivel.

Last edited:

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Please review what a strawman is, review your post, think about it really hard, and finally understand why your question is dishonest to begin with. I'm more than willing to discuss the matter with you if you are willing to stop being dishonest in how you portray the position of those who don't agree with you.

Let me put it another way, you're like playing chess with a pigeon. I'm not interested in that game.

Ok, let try it this way. Relate to the topic of this thread.

Should everyone follow the rules and laws regarding this virus (social distance, not going out unless necessary, stay at home when sick, closing restaurants and bars, etc.) or can anyone just pick and chose which rule/law to follow and which one not.

Yes or No. That's it.

You wouldn't want to look like a cowardice yellow pigeon, would you? I don't play game. You were the one that started quoting me and started cussing. Surprise me about what you said that you were not playing game.

With your history, I wouldn't hold my hope too high.

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
or suffering from Alzheimer's
Yeah they definitely prey on the elderly, whether they be demented or just a little slow. My mom was pretty liberal most of her life, but for the past 10 years (59 thru 69) she watched Fox News and it slowly took hold of her mind and she ended up spouting an awful lot of bullshit which was hammered into her by the propaganda pushers.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Ok, let try it this way. Relate to the topic of this thread.

Should everyone follow the rules and laws regarding this virus (social distance, not going out unless necessary, stay at home when sick, closing restaurants and bars, etc.) or can anyone just pick and chose which rule/law to follow and which one not.

Yes or No. That's it.
You wouldn't want to look like a cowardice yellow pigeon,
First off in many cases your are referring to things that are recommended practices. There is no current “rule” or “law” for social distancing for example. It’s a recommendation only. When we get to the point where people are told to go out only when necessary being Americans I am sure many people will reasons for going out that others consider stupid.
In states where they have been ordered to close or alter their business practices under declared states of emergency bars and restaurants the only practical choice is to comply with those orders.

The world and circumstances of individuals is typically much more complex than simplistic yes or no answers. People will constantly weigh their personal risks regardless of what officialdom tells them they can or cannot do and make decisions.

The last part I quoted is just LOL. Triggered much?

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Good news folks:

Coronavirus only really sucks for 1-3.4% of the population so we shouldn’t take extreme measures to stop it.

Obviously he hasn’t paid attention to what happens in countries where the health care system is overwhelmed and the death rate is substantially higher. Plus the long tearm medical costs of those left with organ damage if reports prove to be accurate.

Unfortunately he isn’t up for re-election until 2022.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Good news folks:

Coronavirus only really sucks for 1-3.4% of the population so we shouldn’t take extreme measures to stop it.

Obviously he hasn’t paid attention to what happens in countries where the health care system is overwhelmed and the death rate is substantially higher. Plus the long tearm medical costs of those left with organ damage if reports prove to be accurate.

he is part of the susceptible population so if we're lucky he'll get to experience it first hand

• Love
Reactions: DarthKyrie

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Good news folks:

Given the incredibly short American attention span, this will not affect his campaign at all.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
First off in many cases your are referring to things that are recommended practices. There is no current “rule” or “law” for social distancing for example. It’s a recommendation only. When we get to the point where people are told to go out only when necessary being Americans I am sure many people will reasons for going out that others consider stupid.
In states where they have been ordered to close or alter their business practices under declared states of emergency bars and restaurants the only practical choice is to comply with those orders.

The world and circumstances of individuals is typically much more complex than simplistic yes or no answers. People will constantly weigh their personal risks regardless of what officialdom tells them they can or cannot do and make decisions.

The last part I quoted is just LOL. Triggered much?

All of those words.Still no direct answer to my question. Either to the original question or the one revised to fit the theme of the thread. BTW, there are several new laws regarding the virus, such as restaurants and bar closing, school shutdown, and so on. That's why I said "...etc." in my post.

Funny that you were the one that started quoting my post and start cussing and have the audacity to say.. but..but..but..I don't wanna play game. <shifty eyes>

Just as I said, base on your history, I would not hold my hope too high and I was right.If you do not want to engage with me, why did you quote me? WTF wrong with you x 1000000000 indeed. Keep trolling, troll. I am out. Next!!!

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Good news folks:

So can we dispossess the wealthiest 1% and take their stuff to redistribute it to the poorest 50%? Sure it will be devestating to the 1% but 99% will get through this...

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
All of those words.Still no direct answer to my question. Either to the original question or the one revised to fit the theme of the thread. BTW, there are several new laws regarding the virus, such as restaurants and bar closing, school shutdown, and so on. That's why I said "...etc." in my post.

Funny that you were the one that started quoting my post and start cussing and have the audacity to say.. but..but..but..I don't wanna play game. <shifty eyes>

Just as I said, base on your history, I would not hold my hope too high and I was right.If you do not want to engage with me, why did you quote me? WTF wrong with you x 1000000000 indeed. Keep trolling, troll. I am out. Next!!!

I know its disappointing that people won't respond to you the way you demand that they do. That's your issue not mine. I promised to engage with you honestly if you stopped with the strawman and did. You didn't like it so I guess we're done. But serious question for you: How do you ever expect to have a conversation with anyone here if you lose your shit when people don't respond the way you want them to? That's something for you to personally think about, I don't really expect a response.

Last edited:

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
I recommend strict social distancing from group carriers of the MAGA- 45 virus.

That one causes impaired mental cognition, confusion between fantasy and reality, nonsensical speech, delusions of grandeur and profound idiocy.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I recommend strict social distancing from group carriers of the MAGA- 45 virus.

That one causes impaired mental cognition, confusion between fantasy and reality, nonsensical speech, delusions of grandeur and profound idiocy.

Dude

Think you need a straight up purge.

Reactions: zinfamous