How Fast Do You Type? (v 2.0)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rip the Jacker

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Sheepathon
Originally posted by: Rip the Jacker
EDIT AGAIN!!! MANAGED TO GET 629!!!!! 12th on all time list..
[/b]

Um, how are you 12th on the all-time list? The lowest score on the all-time list (50th) is 639kpm...

Great.. got me before the edit.. WHY DOES ALWAYS HAPPEN ON ANANDTECH?
yeah I THOUGHT that was the all time list... it must be English Sentences though, because the highest Words on top 50 is 718 (sentences = 784).

PoPPeR

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2002
Your score: 507 keys per minute ~ 101 words per minute
Language/mode: en
Ranking: Very fast.
Comparison: 3% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 97% have a lower or equal result.

eh... my speeds are very inconsistent. The keyboard I'm on is very uncomfortable, which slows down my speeds, but at the same time these words were fairly easy which helped my speeds. I have no problem with 90-100 wpm though. What I really need help with is my numpad speed

Feb 19, 2001
Update: Your score: 610 keys per minute ~ 122 words per minute

I suspect I was around 630 until the last 15 seconds. Am I still the 2nd fastest here? sad.

Edit: Props to Sheepathon and his 656.

Rip the Jacker

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Originally posted by: DLeRium

I suspect I was around 630 until the last 15 seconds. Am I still the 2nd fastest here? sad.

Words? Or Sentences?

Sheepathon

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2003

Words? Or Sentences?

Sentences. Makes more sense than words, I think. Words just tosses random ass vocabulary at you, whereas sentences are more applicable to a real world situation, whether it be an instant message, email, or stenography. The test also lasts 2 minutes rather than 1, which means you have to keep your speed up and not get a highscore on a fluke streak. Most instances when I do the test I can keep it around 700 for the first minute, but begin making more errors as the test goes on. It's hard to stay in the "zoom zoom" mode - you kind of just fall into a groove.

Originally posted by: Syringer

My friend pooface is #4 all time on that list with 759. She's absolutely insane.

omfg, that's almost 152 wpm. I can't even imagine someone doing that on a qwerty layout.

Rip the Jacker

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004

Words? Or Sentences?

Sentences. Makes more sense than words, I think. Words just tosses random ass vocabulary at you, whereas sentences are more applicable to a real world situation, whether it be an instant message, email, or stenography. The test also lasts 2 minutes rather than 1, which means you have to keep your speed up and not get a highscore on a fluke streak. Most instances when I do the test I can keep it around 700 for the first minute, but begin making more errors as the test goes on. It's hard to stay in the "zoom zoom" mode - you kind of just fall into a groove.

My friend pooface is #4 all time on that list with 759. She's absolutely insane.

omfg, that's almost 152 wpm. I can't even imagine someone doing that on a qwerty layout.

I think you have to have stronger reading skills to do better in the Sentences one, because I struggle mentally as there is two lines instead of one, and I keep wanting to look downward and it shifts upward. Maybe I should try an HTML frame technique so I can blockout the lower bottom sentence, that or either learn to read faster...

I can make it 12th on the top 50 of the words, and can't even do 50th on the sentences...

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

Words? Or Sentences?

SHE'S NUMBER 1 NOW. 158 WORDS PER MINUTE ZOMG!!!

Rip the Jacker

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004

Words? Or Sentences?

Ok. Info needed.

Age?
Age she reached 120 wpm?
How much time does she spend on there?

Mrvile

Lifer
Oct 16, 2004
I don't think this test is really effective because the words are random words, and humans type faster while typing sentences (which is what we type 99 percent of the time).

Rip the Jacker

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Mrvile
I don't think this test is really effective because the words are random words, and humans type faster while typing sentences (which is what we type 99 percent of the time).

Why is it that there is a 792 kpm on sentences, and highest for words is 718? Wouldn't people who are better at sentences, be better at WORDS, because they are better at using the alphabet + periods + quotes + etc? wouldn't it be easier for them?

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

Words? Or Sentences?

Ok. Info needed.

Age?
Age she reached 120 wpm?
How much time does she spend on there?

She's a freshman, 18.

I have no idea when she reached 120..but I showed her this game about two weeks ago. She started out in the 550 range or so, then in a few days got well into 600, then 700, and then where she is now.

habib89

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2001
Your score: 409 keys per minute ~ 81 words per minute
Ranking: That was fast - you can still improve, though.
Comparison: 13% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 87% have a lower or equal result.

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
Your score: 405 keys per minute ~ 80 words per minute

I guess that's around average, heh.

Feb 19, 2001
Originally posted by: DLeRium

Words? Or Sentences?

Sentences.. I'll try again tomorrow now that I see this thread bumped again.... lol. I always die near the last 15 seconds or so... =(