How Fast Do You Type? (v 2.0)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 19, 2001
always thoguht ATOT would be blazing fast... I scored a 532 here many years ago...

Your score: 529 keys per minute ~ 105 words per minute

Ehh you gotta be on beat. I was around 550 until the last 30 seconds. It's not about pressing the keys too hard, you just gotta be with it. No pressure, and relax.. Will try again

Your score: 560 keys per minute ~ 112 words per minute

Not bad. I choked for about 15 seconds somewher ein the middle...

Mrvile

Lifer
Oct 16, 2004
Ok, I just took a random online test in which I had to type a paragraph and I got 80wpm, 78 net words, 1 error.

EDIT: One of the words was "eutrophication" but I messed up on "the" :eek:

Agnostos Insania

Golden Member
Oct 29, 2005
357 WPM with one mistake on typing "executor". My mind slipped and I typed "execute". :(
I know I'm significantly faster if I had an online game I played. I've let myself go.

Rip the Jacker

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Agnostos Insania
357 WPM with one mistake on typing "executor". My mind slipped and I typed "execute". :(
I know I'm significantly faster if I had an online game I played. I've let myself go.

Whoa there!!

You mean KPM? (lol)

Gl4di4tor

Jun 8, 2001
Your score: 203 keys per minute ~ 40 words per minute
Language/mode: en
Ranking: Not bad!
Comparison: 65% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 35% have a lower or equal result.

Gl4di4tor

Jun 8, 2001
TYPING IS ABSOLUTE, VOICE RECOGNITON IS THE NEW STANDARD. PERIOD. *jelous of others scores.*

Rip the Jacker

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Gl4di4tor
TYPING IS ABSOLUTE, VOICE RECOGNITON IS THE NEW STANDARD. PERIOD. *jelous of others scores.*

Some people can type faster than they can speak, and it's much better because you get tired of talking. I've gotten accustomed to it.

lol.

Agnostos Insania

Golden Member
Oct 29, 2005
Originally posted by: ItmPls
Originally posted by: Agnostos Insania

Whoa there!!

You mean KPM? (lol)

Oops. Yeah, KPM. I think my hands would catch fire if I typed that fast.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005

Some people can type faster than they can speak, and it's much better because you get tired of talking. I've gotten accustomed to it.

lol.

Unless you have a speech impediment, I don't see how anyone can type faster than they can speak.

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by: JujuFish

lol.

Unless you have a speech impediment, I don't see how anyone can type faster than they can speak.

I can type faster than a voice recognition program can operate.

Gl4di4tor

Jun 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Syringer
Originally posted by: JujuFish

lol.

I can type faster than a voice recognition program can operate.

You obviously haven't used Dragon Naturally Speaking 8. Check out the reviews of it.

Zeeky Boogy Doog

Platinum Member
Mar 31, 2004
I think you need to call peta, because apparently I've been accused of being a groundhog eater.
I don't remember the score, whatever 59 wpm equals to.

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
76 wpm... I don't like that test though. The color and the text style and the way it scrolls is distracting. I've taken other tests that put me at 85-90 wpm.

Sheepathon

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Rip the Jacker
EDIT AGAIN!!! MANAGED TO GET 629!!!!! 12th on all time list..
[/b]

Um, how are you 12th on the all-time list? The lowest score on the all-time list (50th) is 639kpm...