How Fast Do You Type? (v 2.0)

Rip the Jacker

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
http://typera.tk/index.cws --> Select English Words / English Sentences and press on Start Game

EDIT AGAIN!!! MANAGED TO GET 629!!!!! 12th on top 50 list...

Edit
Former score was 571, now I've managed to get 582 which is #27th on top 50 list.

This typing test spits out random crap, which does measure you more accurately because you could/can easily memorize the stuff on typingtest.com

Requirements: Java

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Your score: 449 keys per minute ~ 89 words per minute
Language/mode: en
Ranking: That was fast - you can still improve, though.
Comparison: 8% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 92% have a lower or equal result.

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I got 634 on the sentences on the first try, but two subsequent tries kept me around 600. The last one had several sentences of capitalized words immediately followed by commas, so it frustrated me enough to quit for now :)

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
Can't get the applet to load. Tried it on 3 different browsers. I have JAVA installed.

Reckoner

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Your score: 500 keys per minute ~ 100 words per minute
Ranking: Very fast.
Comparison: 4% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 96% have a lower or equal result.

Would've been better but I typed one word wrong and I kept going for an entire sentence :p

Otaking

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2000
I created an ATOT group if anybody wishes to join.. you can view high scores specific to the group.

Name: ATOT
Keyword: ATOT

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Your score: 577 keys per minute ~ 115 words per minute
Ranking: Excellent.
Comparison: 1% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 99% have a lower or equal result.

I could have done much, much better if there weren't so many colons that looked like semicolons and at least 2 words that had a comma when there didn't appear to be any (because they disappear under the highlight). My old average was 140-150 WPM when I had to take a typing class.

Rip the Jacker

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Otaking
I created an ATOT group if anybody wishes to join.. you can view high scores specific to the group.

Name: ATOT
Keyword: ATOT

How do I join a group?

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
200, which was 40 wpm.

Not bad, that's about what I did when I took typing class in HS, which was 20 years ago. I suppose that if I practiced a bit, I could up that a little, but what's the point.

Avalon

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2001
Kind of threw me off a bit because some of the sentences made no sense, and I wasn't capitalizing my letters. That killed me on errors :)

436 KPM.

TripleAAA

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2002
58 wpm...

Copy and pasted text...kinda funny. I probably would have typed a bit faster but I was laughing:

It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle: when the sun comes up, you'd better be running. But he was very stiff and proud, They send an answer back to me. I would climb more mountains, swim more rivers an watch more sunsets. Never sleep with a woman whose troubles are worse than your own. Mach was the greatest intellectual fraud in the last ten years. Think of all the starving children in India. A cynic is a person searching for an honest man with a stolen lantern. Obvious, isnt it? You'll be called to a post requiring ability in handling groups of people. You have heard of speak of Prof

Cristatus

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2004
If you are a true typer, you'll get high KPMs in other languages. I got around 280/290 in English.

I suggest trying Dutch, because that is the best language (with the least accents, but I don't know if they use accents).

zimu

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2001
Your score: 446 keys per minute ~ 89 words per minute
Ranking: That was fast - you can still improve, though.
Comparison: 8% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 92% have a lower or equal result.