How do you talk to girls, without seeming desperate?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nanotech

Mar 10, 2004
Originally posted by: gjeste
so If I were to not do this to the 'prettiest' girls, and I were to go up to some average looking girls and start talking to them a lot, do you think i would be successful?

I somehow get the impression that I can't talk to a girl, without seeming a little 'too interested'. its my nature. im a desperate deprived 20 year old who has never had a girlfriend, or even a kiss, in his life.

Being confident in yourself, regardless of what you have or haven't done with women in the past, is what will provide the quickest relationship opportunities. Furthermore, try not thinking of yourself as desperate as this directly relates to your confidence level (ie. if you think of yourself as desperate you will come of as desperate to others - not good).

Tact is also important and as far as which # will get the girl first, it depends on the person. From what I have gathered reading this thread I would have to assume you would be better off sticking to the # 1 scenerio strategy.

Be patient and confident, it's only a matter of time!!! Also, at this point in your life you may want to consider obstaining from sex until marriage or at least play it off to women that it's all part of your plan! ;)

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: Dragnov
But you are desperate...

i wouldnt say desperate, im more so just very eager to get this done, and in quick time. maybe the word impatient would fit here, but i wouldnt try to skip anything important, or dig up a girl who i dont find very attractive.

I still want a hot girl, a girl who is a 9/10 on my attractiveness test, ideally. of course i dont stick to that rule rigidly, but you get the idea, i want a 'hot' girl, lol.
And I wont start lowering my standards until I'm sure that I can't get a hot girl. so for right now, ugly is out of the question.

Better go hire a pro cause with that attitude you won't be getting very far with any girl who's got anything close to a normal IQ.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
The jjones guide to picking up women:

Talk to any girl you find attractive for any reason at all and in any circumstance you find yourself within shouting distance of said girl. Very soon, if you are not a complete retard, you will have a date. If you are a complete retard, it will take a little longer.

JYDog

Feb 17, 2003
Unless you have good looks, don't bother. But, if you care to embarrass yourself, just remember one thing, GIRLS(and people in general to a certain extent) don't like to THINK, they like cliche in their conversations. Therefore, in this sence, if you try hard to sound sophistated and interesting, you will TURN them off and or make them see you as desperate... This is why guys that can play these games are usually shallow, otherwise, anyone else would see it as quite stupid.

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
okay, that is understandable. so you shouldnt give the woman more credit than she deserves, in other words, if you dont know whether she is 'girlfriend quality' you shouldnt act like she is 'girlfriend quality'
dont act like you know more about her than you do.

I'm confused. How would you know more about her than you do if she hasn't told you? :confused:

so if she is attractive thus far, all you are, is just curious, to know more about her, and nothing more.

If I am attracted to her and interested in her, then I try to get to know her more. I don't try to force this. If she pushes me away, I go away. You don't want to be with a woman who isn't very interested in you.

FuZoR

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2001
YAGT by Skywalker.

just become a monk.. you have no hope. you made countless thread on pretty much the same subject and probably don't take any of our advice.

db

Lifer
Dec 6, 1999
The biggest wanks on earth are always with girls b/c they are confident and talk talk talk. They can talk about nothing and it still works for them b/c the girl is flattered that he is "spending so much energy" on them. Some guys will keep at it until they wear down a gal who wants nothing to do w/him and has decided she will never go out with him--then she does any way--it's just amazing.

And then the gals want to know why there "aren't any decent guys" out there....

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
ROFL you're asking AT about picking up girls? Half of us hasn't see the light of day in weeks let alone a living breathing female!!

Seriously just look at them as other people, not just somthing you want to stick your wang into. If you over think the situation then you're screwed.

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
Originally posted by: Jzero
You are skywalker66 and I have proof:
I dont drink, and I really dont want a girl who does (and at the college I go to right now, a private Christian college, my guess would be that a good 80% of the girls here dont drink period.

Cripes, you could at least change your freakin' story a little bit if you're gonna troll like this. Make it at least a LITTLE challenging...

Old post from the perp...
oh btw,

note: this is a christian college so alcohol is not permitted, so that does change the social atmosphere a bit. not as many big parties, more so you get to know ppl thru regular fun activities.

LOL. Good detective work Jzero but it was pretty self evident. :p His style of writing and desperation seeping through each and every word...it simply reeked of Skywalker. :)

MAME

Banned
Sep 19, 2003
Originally posted by: dirtboy
Originally posted by: xSkyDrAx
Be casual, not desperate. Talk to her in a more 'want to be friends' than 'want to be couples' kind of way. If they like you, you'll know, if they don't you'll know and you won't have to look like a fool(at least to other people)

is it possible to be casual while still trying just as hard? cuz if so, that is good, cuz i still have control over the situation.

okay, i do want to be friends with girls first, and that does come first and foremost,
but lets be honest, If I'm with an attractive and nice woman, I'm definately thinking about the possibility of whether or not she may make a good girlfriend.
So.. Thus she is added onto my prospects list, and I want to learn more about her to see if she would make a good girlfriend.

Yes is possible to be casual, but you can't be in control of a situation that doesn't warrant control.

I think all men think about what kind of future they want with an attractive woman. I'd say that's normal. The key is not to let yourself get out of control and become obsessive before things develop.

okay, that is understandable. so you shouldnt give the woman more credit than she deserves, in other words, if you dont know whether she is 'girlfriend quality' you shouldnt act like she is 'girlfriend quality'
dont act like you know more about her than you do.

so if she is attractive thus far, all you are, is just curious, to know more about her, and nothing more.

fvck you! :|:|:|