How do I make my dog poop quicker?

yankeesfan

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2004
He takes is precious time (15 minutes) to scope out a spot, and then he squats for about a minute. He tries peeing 15 times after it becomes apparent that HE HAS NO MORE PEE left. It's freezing degrees out and it seems that I am the only one in a hurry to go back outside. He just stands there watching me shivering for about 3 minutes and when I pull on the leash to see if he's done, he jerks back like I just did something repulsive. Then, he just looks up at me for another few minutes. He's so stupid. Can't he tell I'm freezing? What do I do? I don't want frostbite when he takes 45 minutes in the middle of winter. :frown:

JSFLY

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2006
stick your finger up his butt...

No i'm serious it works, not that I'd do this to my own dog tho.

yankeesfan

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2004
Originally posted by: JSFLY

How far up there would be acceptable? I can get a stick to do it.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Originally posted by: yankeesfan
Originally posted by: JSFLY

How far up there would be acceptable? I can get a stick to do it.

And then you can explain to the vet why your dog is bleeding and has wooden splinters up his ass. :roll:

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
You'll just have to do a better job of training him. Use key commands like "make poopy" or whatever you like but make sure you use the same phase over and over. You command him to poop, not wait around until he feels like it. And reward him with a treat when he does it quickly. Other than than if he doesn't go in 3-4 minutes take back in and maybe scold. You're in control of the dog, not the other way around.

See the south park episode with the dog trainer to understand. ;)

doze

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2005
Male dogs take forever to use the bathroom. My dog seems to poop faster after a short run.

imported_hscorpio

Golden Member
Sep 1, 2004
Only go out when some hot chicks or whoever are out that you would be embarrassed to be seen with a dog pooping. If your dogs anything like mine he'll drop a huge bomb right in front of them for you.

SonnyDaze

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2004
Originally posted by: spidey07
You'll just have to do a better job of training him. Use key commands like "make poopy" or whatever you like but make sure you use the same phase over and over. You command him to poop, not wait around until he feels like it. And reward him with a treat when he does it quickly. Other than than if he doesn't go in 3-4 minutes take back in and maybe scold. You're in control of the dog, not the other way around.

See the south park episode with the dog trainer to understand. ;)

spidey is on track....you command the dog to poop. When the dog starts going, give the command ("go poopy" or whatever) Then after a few times out, start using the command when you want him to go. You can also try stick matches on the bung hole (the dog, not yours). The match heads contain sulfur and it'll make doggy go poop. (This was used/recommended to me by my veternarian) But don't scold the dog if he doesn't go poop. That's pointless.

Fayd

Diamond Member
Jun 28, 2001
www.manwhoring.com
like the dog would figure out how to assosciate lack of sometyhing with negative treatment....

that's why positive reinforcement is encouraged.

killface

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2001
Teach by doing: Show it how. It's the only way.

Can't you just tie him to something and stand inside while he goes?

doze

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2005
Originally posted by: hscorpio
Only go out when some hot chicks or whoever are out that you would be embarrassed to be seen with a dog pooping. If your dogs anything like mine he'll drop a huge bomb right in front of them for you.

Why would a pooping dog be embarassing?

John

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Maybe you could try taking a dump with him at the same time. :p

Basically it all boils down to the dog needs better training. I have two young Pomeranians and they go out every 6-8 hours. One indication that they need to go is they jump on my leg and get really excited. I say "Do you want to go potty?" and they bark back. :) Lately it's been 20-40F outside at night and the last thing I want to do is stand out in the cold weather for lengthy periods of time.