Hot sauce consumption

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I spent the better part of one summer building up a tolerance to Daves Insanity & Daves Ultimate Insanity sauces. I'd put about a teaspoonful of the stuff on a slice of ham, smear it around, roll it up & eat it. Yum! Actually, with that much Daves, it didn't taste good.

But, by the end of the summer, fun times were had. "MMMmmmmm, this stuff is good." I'd eat half & offer someone the other half. Hilarity in about 3... 2... 1... seconds before the stuff kicked in.

be honest: you got this idea from The Princess Bride, right?

:hmm:

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
Anyone who lives in NYC/LI area and likes hotsauce, needs to go to Pepperheads in the Port Jefferson mall.... that place has like a million bottles of hotsauce from all over the world on display... and they even let you sample some stuff...

http://www.pepperheads-hotsauces.com/

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
Yup! Ghost Chilis! I've had some Ghost Chili sauce and my goodness IT WAS HOT.

Try this stuff... made with Naga's..

hotsauceworld_2125_66508125

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
The hottest hot sauce I have in my pantry is Black Mamba at 2.5M scoville units. I usually just dip a toothpick in it and stir a pot of chili with it. I put Blair's Ultra Death Sauce, 800k, on my tacos (ONE DROP OR SO ONLY, or the next morning is hell.)

Someone had that Ultra Death Sauce at a work BBQ a couple weeks ago. I walked over to it with the swagger of an experienced BWW's Blazin' Wing eater and smeared a chicken leg with it. I was still making small squealing sounds 10 minutes later.

Kirby

Lifer
Apr 10, 2006
Once I was in Korea, I ordered some extra spicy rice cake thingies. The waiter there essentially said " No you don't you can't handle it" So after a 10 second back and forth, he said that he would be a medium hot and a bowl of the sauce they use for the extra spicy. Now normally I'm amazing at eating spicy things. But this stuff. Holy fuck.

I put a minuscule bit on the tip of my chopstick and pressed it on my tongue. I was in pain for the next several hours.

Korean food + soju = the worst, most painful shits I've ever had

DaTT

Garage Moderator
Feb 13, 2003
the habenero taste is phenomenal, imo. I'd like to extract it from the spicy component to use it in all sorts of other ways.

Use it as lube....report back............when you can.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
this scale says Cholula is hotter than Sriracha... wtf? I put Cholula on my burritos like there's no tomorrow but only a relatively normal helping of Sriracha, any more and I can't eat it.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
That kind of sauce is only really useful for adding a couple drops into a Pot of chilli to make it spicy.