Hillary Compares Republicans To Terrorists

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Agreed that the witch isn't calling reps terrorists. That being said, help me out here please. What specifically is the witch thinking of wrt extreme views on women that are similar to terrorists?

You do know what happens, surely, when masses of people who think like you get ergot rye mold in their bread, right?

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
Nope.

Nope.

Let me clarify that. The old republican values of a low tax business friendly environment and small govt are better for us fiscally. The current republican party seems too busy thinking about gays, women, minorities and that "scary" science stuff they tech in schools than actually going back to their old core financial values which "were" better for us (and would be if they went back to it).

Hows that?

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/27/politics/hillary-clinton-republicans-terrorist-groups/

So in the liberal bubble world, comparing republicans to terrorists is ok.

But try and attempt to have a link between islam and terrorists, and her, and the liberal left wing will call you ignorant, claim its only a small minority, or worse yet, deny the link.

But this is expected, the left needs to paint the right as some sort of extremist group, so that there modern day 'progressive' radicalism can be sold.

Thin skinned are you or is Hillary hitting too close to the truth? Win your arguements by dictating the other side's position much? Have you posted enough now to let the World know you are a fool?

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Agreed that the witch isn't calling reps terrorists. That being said, help me out here please. What specifically is the witch thinking of wrt extreme views on women that are similar to terrorists?

I know of no rep prez candidates that advocate:
- Genital mutilation of women so that they can't enjoy intercourse
- Believe that rape is ok in certain circumstances
- Advocate kidnapping girls, as young as 8 or 9, to be sex slaves
- Don't believe that women should have the right to vote or drive
- I'm sure there are other items I could add to the list but I can't be bothered

This is a campaign and politics is (and always has been) a very dirty game. False accusations and hyperbole are the game's stock and trade.

Never looked up the treatment of women in the good'ol USA have you?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Let me clarify that. The old republican values of a low tax business friendly environment and small govt are better for us fiscally. The current republican party seems too busy thinking about gays, women, minorities and that "scary" science stuff they tech in schools than actually going back to their old core financial values which "were" better for us (and would be if they went back to it).

Hows that?
Still don't like it. Low tax business friendly is bullshit to me. The only thing that we tax is profit, and all profit should be taxed. Anyone that tells you that taxes are hurting their business is bullshitting you.

JockoJohnson

Golden Member
May 20, 2009
Never looked up the treatment of women in the good'ol USA have you?

Please enlighten us at to how women are currently being treated poorly in the USA. And I don't mean what people say, I would like to see how women in the US are being treated just like those in the Middle East.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Democrats probably prefer terrorists to Republicans because the later don't do things like build daycares
lol +1

I agree that she didn't actually call them terrorists, but conflating balking on providing free birth control with selling women into marriage or beating them if they dare to wear nail polish is pretty extreme on its own.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Still don't like it. Low tax business friendly is bullshit to me. The only thing that we tax is profit, and all profit should be taxed. Anyone that tells you that taxes are hurting their business is bullshitting you.
Thank you for illustrating how insane people see tax theory. In the real world, people don't go into business because you're a special little snow flake who needs things and gosh darn it, they want the privilege of serving you. They go into business to earn a profit. Taxes are figured just like any expense in setting prices, so higher taxes equal higher prices and higher prices hurt sales.

I won't even go into how part of "their business" is its profitability so high taxes directly hurt a business by making it less profitable. We'll cover that in Remedial Basic Economics 102.

How's that? :D

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
This is a joke. Obama has been arming every Muslim in sight since he has been in office. Obama is the one that is the terrorist.

What is that weird flag behind Hillary?

It is the Democratic party that does not want women to have concealed carry???

Doesnt everyone have ACA aka Obamacare?
Jesus Christ are you fucking stupid.

Baasha

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2010
http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/27/politics/hillary-clinton-republicans-terrorist-groups/

But try and attempt to have a link between islam and terrorists, and her, and the liberal left wing will call you ignorant, claim its only a small minority, or worse yet, deny the link.

But this is expected, the left needs to paint the right as some sort of extremist group, so that there modern day 'progressive' radicalism can be sold.

LOL! The ironing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

irony_done.gif

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
lol +1

I agree that she didn't actually call them terrorists, but conflating balking on providing free birth control with selling women into marriage or beating them if they dare to wear nail polish is pretty extreme on its own.

She didn't mention free birth control, or beatings, or nail polish. She mentioned Repubs hell bent on denying women their constitutional right to abortion, so much so that they'll defund women's healthcare providers to accomplish it, place prohibitive restrictions on clinics that provide it.

Given that it's been that way for over 40 years & Conservatives don't have the strength to amend the Constitution, it's just another way to keep the fundie base nicely irrational & all too willing to interfere with other people's rights.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013

iRESHZC.gif

:colbert:

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013

Well, that is because they are all for low tax big business these days of course.

Have to run the small business and the middle class the hell out of here.

People never learn.

Frank Zappa - Hot Plate Heaven at the Green Hotel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjF7sgwxROQ

This crap started a long time ago, probably before many posting here were born.

Last edited:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
She didn't mention free birth control, or beatings, or nail polish. She mentioned Repubs hell bent on denying women their constitutional right to abortion, so much so that they'll defund women's healthcare providers to accomplish it, place prohibitive restrictions on clinics that provide it.

Given that it's been that way for over 40 years & Conservatives don't have the strength to amend the Constitution, it's just another way to keep the fundie base nicely irrational & all too willing to interfere with other people's rights.
lol Okay pal. If you wish to equate not publicly funding abortion clinics with ISIS' treatment of women, hey, the world always needs bad examples.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
lol Okay pal. If you wish to equate not publicly funding abortion clinics with ISIS' treatment of women, hey, the world always needs bad examples.

More pretense. We both know that abortions are not publically funded.

We both know that religious fundies of any stripe are primitivists who will attempt to control other people's lives, particularly women. That's been true throughout human history & is still true today. The idea that women are equals is a very recent development.

If killing & imprisoning providers of a Constitutional Right isn't terrorism, what is?

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
More pretense. We both know that abortions are not publically funded.

We both know that religious fundies of any stripe are primitivists who will attempt to control other people's lives, particularly women. That's been true throughout human history & is still true today. The idea that women are equals is a very recent development.

If killing & imprisoning providers of a Constitutional Right isn't terrorism, what is?
Here, folks, is your Hillary voter, who not only understands that she is implicitly calling Republicans terrorists but is way ahead of her.

One teeny weeny little note though - abortion clinics and abortions are actually not the same thing. It's true; you can look it up. Well . . . Someone could look it up for you.

Well . . . Someone could look it up near you. Assuming they were wearing foam-proof protective gear.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Here, folks, is your Hillary voter, who not only understands that she is implicitly calling Republicans terrorists but is way ahead of her.

One teeny weeny little note though - abortion clinics and abortions are actually not the same thing. It's true; you can look it up. Well . . . Someone could look it up for you.

Well . . . Someone could look it up near you. Assuming they were wearing foam-proof protective gear.

HONgIjZ.gif

;)

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

And now, obfuscational blather in response to plain speaking, of course.

We all know what Hillary was talking about. She just put it in a different frame than the doublespeak used by Repubs when they want to control that particular conversation.

If Righties really gave a flying fuck about the unborn they'd demonstrate more concern about infants after they're born.